View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 01:08 AM
There was a poll not long ago, a few months back if I remember rightly - not sure who instigated it but it was Celebrity Dog Owner of the Year.... Proud to say I voted for Paul O'Grady and I think he won.

Watched Crufts live online streaming on the computer in March and even got my elderly mother watching too... We were loving a display by an Agility team of Staffies in the main ring, and then who appeared in the ring but Paul OG with his rescue staffy, he had a go at the course and did well, the audience were thrilled and we were in tears watching it.

I went off him for a while when he had CM on his show a few years ago, but that may have been down to his producers at the time, he's more than made up for it since.

And to think, I saw him live as Lily Savage in Prisoner Cell Block H The Musical once, funny as hell crude as oil and very nice legs for a bloke!
... never knew back then he'd bring me to tears via dogs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Is it available on catch-up?

Edit: found it: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=323981
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Cheers Azz I don't like using ITV Player normally but will make an exception for this.
But ITV and BBC won't allow you to view it if your 'puter isn't in UK, something to do with licence restrictions or whatever, will have to wait until they repeat it on ITV 3
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Wonderful programme and presented by a real true dog lover. I think Paul O'grady is not just a very funny man but but wonderful the way he always has rescue animals and has helped so many.
Hopefully this programme will help home many ore dogs, I know one little puppy does end up going home with Paul, he just couldn't resist.
I read somewhere which made me laugh as its so true. "putting Paul O'Grady in Battersea dogs home is like putting a drug addict in a cocaine factory"
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Good program, thank goodness sparkle pulled through, and didnt she look good at the end . Shame it was so short I must try and remember next week.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2012, 08:10 AM
no-one has mentioned the puppy Neil Fox took home - he was adorable!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
no-one has mentioned the puppy Neil Fox took home - he was adorable!
He was adorable but an adorable pup is always going to find a home. On the other hand a starved and abandoned staffie is less likely too.
I was surprised that Battersea rehome to families with such young children, unusual I thought

Excellent programme, can't wait for next weeks.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Much love here for Carmine the boxer ..

Loved her.... such a sweetie, so funny when he tried to sneak her out .
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2012, 10:48 AM
I just watched it on iplayer ( STV aren't showing it ) and sniffled all the way through, even the happy bits .

Poor little Sparkles, it's seeing dogs like her that make me so mad at media ( feeding ) frenzy about Staffords, treated no better than rubbish to be thrown away, and still full of love and hope.

Couldn't believe those lurcher puppies, all five of them crammed into a tiny cat carrier at least they'll have a chance now.
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh yes the lurcher puppies! how on earth did they force them all in one cat basket?? I wonder how long they'd been in there?
I really enjoyed watching it though and I think it might spur more people to apply to take a rescue dog from Battersea. I know I really wanted to hot foot it down there and bring one home!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Oh yes the lurcher puppies! how on earth did they force them all in one cat basket?? I wonder how long they'd been in there?
Not too long I hope! Poor pups, that did me cringe seeing them all crammed in there.
I'm so glad Sparkle pulled through and found a lovely home, I suppose in a way she is one of the lucky ones.
The whole thing did make me wish I had room for one more, I must admit
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »