Le Chameaux
Muck

Three "designs"............
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I wonder who WAS the snotty woman in this encounter though.

If it had happened to me I would have apologised rather than respond in the manner documented.

I think ANY form of public elimination, whether urine, faeces, vomit from ANY source, canine, feline or human is totally unecessary especially where people are just going shopping etc.
What would the OP be apologizing for exactly? someone stepping over a bit of wee that will dry into the ground within 10 minutes - such an inconvenience!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Chocolatechien View Post
I'm sorry to hear your Ma's unwell, its tough looking after someone 24 hours a day and a bit of fresh air with your dog is just what you need- every day if you can.
I think if it happens again and you see a disapproving or intolerant face about to comment then get out your best bossy haughty voice and say
"Aah good I'm glad you've arrived, now pop along and bring a mop and bucket for this"
You know they'd have nowhere to go with it, quite possibly write you off as a loon and leave you alone without their insensitive comments! X
Oh no, I think, I would just drop my knickers and join my dog, after all, steaming pools of urine in public are nothing to be ashamed of are they (whether human or canine sourced) and in fact we should all be used to them and realise that urination whenever and wherever the urge takes us (or our dogs), it is merely natural and not a cause for raised eyebrows.

Yep, I think this is the route I will take from now on...........
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
What would the OP be apologizing for exactly? someone stepping over a bit of wee that will dry into the ground within 10 minutes - such an inconvenience!

Ah, but there is the rub, it was NOT in a convenience was it?

I think we should ban public toilets altogether and we can all urinate in public, think how much council tax we could save by not having public toilets to maintain.

Great idea.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I would never apologise for my dog weeing on the pavement. I do not let any dogs cock their legs against other's property or bins etc However, if you are road walking dogs sometimes you get caught out. It's not illegal and who was this woman to be apologised to? Just a busybody member of the public with nothing better to do.

I had an argument with a woman once because the remains of an incontinent dog's poo were left on the pavement after I had picked up. It rained about half an hour later which would have washed it away but I carry a pocketful of poop bags and cannot exactly carry a mop and bucket with me.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh no, I think, I would just drop my knickers and join my dog, after all, steaming pools of urine in public are nothing to be ashamed of are they (whether human or canine sourced) and in fact we should all be used to them and realise that urination whenever and wherever the urge takes us (or our dogs), it is merely natural and not a cause for raised eyebrows.

Yep, I think this is the route I will take from now on...........
Last time I checked, it was 'merely natural' for a dog to relieve itself when it required?

If the OP's dog has incontinence issues, how would you suggest she avoided pavements to avoid her dog urinating on them?
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I wonder who WAS the snotty woman in this encounter though.
Well, thanks a bunch!

I haven't been spoken to like that since I was in school... the woman was just plain rude and there are no excuses for that - for all she knew I could have been a spending visitor to the Village, rather than a resident with family on the Parish Council.
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I wonder if the opposite tack might be helpful to the acceptance of dogs? What I'm getting at is if I was common place to see dogs the the same environments as humans- the take them all over the place style of dog ownership- they wouldnt stand out so much. The reason I say this as recently on holiday in Devon there were dogs everywhere- in the pubs in the shops in the streets and I initially found myself staring because the dogs seem out of place but a few days later I didn't even notice them. I didn't step in any episodes of inappropriate elimination either!
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Apologies for typos trying to shop at the same time!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Oh no, I think, I would just drop my knickers and join my dog, after all, steaming pools of urine in public are nothing to be ashamed of are they (whether human or canine sourced)
Sorry to disappoint you but neither my elderly mother nor my dogs will be joining you. However if you are happy to do this I am sure I can get the local press involved.
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »