View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deester
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Think this is a very sad case and hope that the little girl will make a full recovery. It happened to be an STB but it could have been any breed of dog. Obviously this dog wasn't of sound temperment or at least it wasn't with children. This dog should not have been around in this situation, all dogs should really be supervised around children regardless of the dogs temperment. If this had happened to me i would feel responsible as the dogs owner, regardless of the dogs temperment, no excuse's for its so out of character. And yes I also think it's just another headline/shock horror story to sell papers. Though I'm sure for the parents and on lookers it was very horrific, I have split dogs up from fighting and it is very scary. Again I hope the little girl will be okay, my thoughts are with her.
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:51 AM
regardless of the circumstances, breed, whos fault it was or wasnt, that child could have been blinded, if it was your child or a child you know, would you be happy?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by DonDon
poor child, regardless whos fault it is, that child is gonna be scarred for life and the dog should be put down for it.
While not in any way condoning dog aggression, I sincerely hope that you are never in the position of finding your dog condemned to death, or your breed in its entirity maligned, on the strength of sensational journalism without full investigation of the circumstances, full publication of the facts, and without both sides of the story being presented.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:56 AM
poor child, regardless whos fault it is, that child is gonna be scarred for life and the dog should be put down for it.

hi Dondon

im going to tie you up and put you in the garden in the sun for say 2 hours (most parties last at least that) now remember that is very warm out there right now. then im going to let a lot of kids in that you dont know that all have food and maybe some are teasing you with it. maybe some are sitting on your back pulling your legs. you are getting hotter and hotter theres no where to go and these kids wont leave you alone. they tipped your water and now your hotter than you have ever been before these kids are still all around you and driving you mad you try to get away but you cant cos your tied up.
now tell me what you would do? cos i know i would have a go at some1
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:56 AM
regardless of the circumstances, breed, whos fault it was or wasnt, that child could have been blinded, if it was your child or a child you know, would you be happy?
If it were my child, I wouldn't allow her to approach a tethered dog, or do whatever else she may have done. I also wouldn't expect her to pose for the cameras and be used to sell a story.
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:01 AM
yes i know what your sayin, but if that happened to me and then i tore someones face off, would that be an excuse in court? yes all them things you are sayin are probably true, but all im saying is, regardless of breed, theres a child who has been seriously hurted here, a fact which seems to be overlooked, the dog could be anything, the story could be totally diff from whats been reported but the child didnt do that to her face herself.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
While not in any way condoning dog aggression, I sincerely hope that you are never in the position of finding your dog condemned to death, or your breed in its entirity maligned, on the strength of sensational journalism without full investigation of the circumstances, full publication of the facts, and without both sides of the story being presented.
Completely agree with you sb
There is a responsibility for everyone concerned. I would never let my child walk up to a chained up dog regardless - unless I knew that said dog was going to be friendly.

Its a sad case, and unfortunately the attitude of - put the dog down- without even considering all possible sides of story is to me very worrying and it is that kind of attitude that fuels the dangerous dogs act etc.

How do we know that the child wasnt poking dog in the eyes or whacking it, tasing etc. Whilst not an excuse - how much was dog provoked into protecting itself.

The responsibility here lies with everyone concerned, the parents of child and the dog owners and yet the one who will suffer the most is the dog and the breed, from one story with very little facts.

I have yet to meet an unfriendly staffie with children, my dog whilst not good with animals, will let children pet him, he kisses them etc, however I am always controlling it and always make sure that they are treating him kindly too. Kids can also be very cruel without perhaps meaning to be.

dani
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:02 AM
we'll just have to agree to disagree, and yes, if my dog did that to a child theres no way i would trust it again.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:04 AM
we'll just have to agree to disagree, and yes, if my dog did that to a child theres no way i would trust it again.
perhaps you wouldnt but would you then want an outright ban on all of these breed of dogs - cos that is what will happen with this kind of sensasionalist (sp) journalism ?

dani
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Dad Darren, 28, a music technology student, was bitten along with another man as they dragged the berserk animal off.

I'm sorry I agree with Don don...this wasn't just a bite and retreat...this was an attack where the dog intended to cause damage.This dog should be put to sleep regardless of the situation it was put in....this dog is a risk to children.Children will be children and even if the dog was provoked to attack like this is not on. If the dog had snapped and then left it then thats another story IMO
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »