Female 

25-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Don`t you mean...

other people?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 06:40 PM
People who think they know what Jack Russells are like, when they are totally wrong and should never be let near one anyway.

Dogs jumping around in cars, on people's laps, on back seats, with their heads out of car windows.

Dogs that attack letter boxes.

People who stick 'Beware of the Dog' stickers on their house...... 1. If it's a much maligned breed such as rotties etc you are hardly doing it a favour and 2. You have just admitted you knew it was dangerous if it ever does anything to anyone.

People who let their dogs out too far on Flexi leads so as to be no longer controlled, like the dax that was stretched right across my office door the otherday.

People who look down on large crosses as mutts and yet think the smaller pretty crosses are suddenly designer crosses.

People who get puppies when you know they won't be able to cope..... but won't listen.

Children who are scared of dogs all because their parents are.

People who stroke my dogs and then get the alcohol gel out for their hands afterwards... unclean, unclean!

People who walk their dogs offlead alongside the road.... I know they may have never done anything before but there's always a first time and as a driver drivng past it can be very un-nerving.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 06:44 PM
People who assume that my dogs have a bad quality of life because they are working dogs and they live in a kennel!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
People who assume that my dogs have a bad quality of life because they are working dogs and they live in a kennel!
Oooooooooof!

*sits back and waits*

Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Oooooooooof!

*sits back and waits*

Not aimed at anyone of Dogsey, but the folk that I work with, and that I used to go to college with!

I get told all the time I am cruel, for example, Gracie is really lean, it's how she's always been, and I've tried all sorts of things to keep weight on her and she's not even done a quarter of the shoot days this season!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
People who don't have enough control of their friendly dogs to call them away from on lead possibly aggressive dogs!

I have been there you see!

rune
I've been there too Rune, but walked them away from where I knew there would be off lead dogs.

My dogs don't tend to bother other dogs but are drawn to screaming panicking owners!!! lol!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Shouldn't have to though.

rune
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2010, 07:07 PM
You will all HATE me, Because if ever ,ever my dogs dont come back on first command they will be told off. Usually about once per year!!!!!!!

Thats one of my Few rules, i call they come back. No excuses.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2010, 07:15 PM
People who try and reach out to touch Oscar when he is clearly trying to get out of their way and I've said "he doesn't like being approached by strangers" then say "i had one like that" and do it again!

People who don't pick up poo

People walking dogs with no leads next to roads

People telling me I don't look after my dog and he should be taken away because he is underweight (even though we are working on it with the vet), especially when their porky pooch needs to go on a diet

and (I may need the flame-proof suit for this one) people who moan about crosses such as labradoodles and how they are not 'proper' breeds etc whilst forgetting that not so long ago their pedigree dog was a cross of lots of breeds too and people were likely saying the same things about those crosses (which is not to say I think we should be crossing dogs just cos we can, or charging the earth for 'designer dogs'. I just don't like the way some people look down on them as 'just mongrels' whilst forgetting most pedigrees were crosses once)

oh, and people who don't stop, (or worse encourage them to do it) children from walking up and stroking dogs that are strangers to them (especially when the excuse is "well it's a guide dog so it'll be nice" - not if johnny pokes it with a stick then tries patting her she won't)

and another guide dog one, people who walk up and stroke the dog when it's working (especially ones who say "I know I shouldn't stroke them" and do it anyway) or who feed them while they are working.
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »