View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Pass it straight to your insurance company or involve the police. Explain you are being blackmailed.
A parent tried to blackmail our organisation by saying someone had kicked his child ( ). We said in that case he should inform police and social services and handed him the phone. He left.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 07:22 AM
I agree with everything that has been said. You rang him straight away and he said it was fine. Any reputable vet would have no problem in giving a letter and bill. To fully comp the vet bill was more than enough what more would anyone want? Big time chancer here!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I'd go one step further and call the police....what this guy is doing is extortion/blackmail and is against the law.

I'd probably also let the other groomers in the area know to watch out for him in future.

ETA C&D types faster than me - definitely agree with her post
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Stamford1 View Post
he's one of lifes scrotes
Quite........

Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'd go one step further and call the police....what this guy is doing is extortion/blackmail and is against the law.

I'd probably also let the other groomers in the area know to watch out for him in future.

ETA C&D types faster than me - definitely agree with her post
The problem is he would not leave his number when he brought the dog n, preferring to wait in the car, and I don't even know if his name is his real name. I'm going to be more strict now though - no name address, phone number, vets details etc. no groom!!! I have a mate in CID too, so will speak to him when I see him tomorrow.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
The problem is he would not leave his number when he brought the dog n, preferring to wait in the car, and I don't even know if his name is his real name. I'm going to be more strict now though - no name address, phone number, vets details etc. no groom!!! I have a mate in CID too, so will speak to him when I see him tomorrow.
I take it he wants cash?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Something else just occurred to me - whether this guy actually owned the dog (once someone does something illegal, it makes me think all sorts).

Do you have a scanning machine? Just wondering whether it is worth you scanning customers dogs in future - of course not all will be microchipped, but then if you do have a similar incident of not being sure of the person, you may get more details that way (or even discover that the dog isn't theirs!)
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi,

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but maybe also take down the registration number of your customers' vehicles. Any who aren't doing anything wrong won't object.

This may be seen as going as little OTT but it may make it easier to trace people (assuming they haven't pinched the car too) if anything untoward happens.

Laura xx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Think I would write to all the local newspapers, telling YOUR story to let the public know there may be a scammer saying he works for a newspaper, this way IMO your getting your side out first showing that you have nothing to hide, it lets him know that you are not going to be threatened by the possibility of Him going to the papers, and if he is a scammer it lets others be aware.

Mo
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I take it he wants cash?
yes he wants £200. He says he will donate it to an animal charity, but he wants it in cash . He's getting nothing from me except a jolly good talking to if he comes back!
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »