View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
I am auld noo - Loki is my first dog. She is a Utonagan and I just love her to pieces - she takes me for walkies every day and makes sure I run after her in the house as well. She has me well trained! I doubt I would get another dog but if I did, I would get another Utonagan, they are a lovely breed.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't think I'll change breed, I just won't have so many
toffel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2007, 03:34 PM
WOW WeŽre still young and the pups are still young as well.Boer bulls are great dogs and around here a lot of elderly people have them,seeing as they are wonderfull gard dogs and around here we need thatIf we would change breed,it would be a dog that totally steels our hearts.You know...when you look into a dogs eyes and you just know that you were meant to be together,thats the one weŽll choose :smt007

Toffel & Willie
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I think i wouldn't change the size, providing i can cope with them, maybe older rescues so the size doesn't really come in to it.
Although saying that we have spoke about dobs, or maybe boxers again.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess when it comes to that stage in my life I will choose another rescue dog that is best suited to my lifestyle at that point and for the foreseeable future.

I have a soft spot for lurchers and sighthounds, and also adore long hair dashunds; but goodness only knows what I'll end up with!

Whatever it is, it will be a rescue dog for sure.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I think it would depend on my general health, strength and will to live :smt042

I couldn't imagine being without Mals, but if I had no choice it would be a smaller Spitz breed, maybe Shibas
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
We have a Parson Russell at the moment, I'm quite partail to them so would probably stick with the breed when I'm older (toby seems quite at home either doing his long walks or just messing about in the garden and snuggling on the settee)....or older resuce dogs are a great idea as they are so often overlooked in favour of younger ones. I also like Cavalier King Charles spaniels (It was Maebe's little Oscar, rest his soul that got me liking this breed), so wouldn't mind one of those.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
When I am old I will have Cavaliers if they have sorted the health issues out and maybe a Tibetan Spaniel and a German Spitz and Swedish Vallhunds
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
............ a German Spitz and Swedish Vallhunds
How many would you like, i can send some round now

I have already downsized, sort of, i have a back injury which means that the vallunds, despite being small, are sometimes too strong for me - particularly the bouncy males - so i have downsized to German Spitz Mittels - which although actually the same size are less than half the weight. I will still always have a vallhund, but it will have to be a bitch

Will i downsize further - nope probably not
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Before getting our mini Schnauzer we would have liked a labrador as I had two lab's before her but I realised I'm not quite as fit as I was when I had them so decided to go for a smaller dog that didn't need quite so much exercise as a labrador.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >