View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Well, it's horrible here. Freezing cold, very dismal and snowing on and off (although only in fits and jerks and so not heavily).

We've all froze on our walk .

Helena, Rosie is a different dog now the Wafcol has kicked in. She's not had any recurrence of the horrible pacing and sickness and the itchy/scratchy is just what you'd expect as normal, not the incessant scratching she was doing before. Just shows what effects diet can have.

I've started to introduce small treats now and again that go away from the fish and it's so far so good, but these are few and far between and tiny amounts.

I'm leaving her on Wafcol now as I really don't want to risk her going back to the way she was, but I'm hoping the introduction of different tastes in the form of small treats will give her some variety - albeit in a small way.

Good luck with that caravan, I hope it works out well for you both.

LS, I do hope that Loki's epilepsy settles down soon. It's such a terrible and distressing condition
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear about Loki Linda. (((Hugs))).
The van sounds lovely Helena I am sure Dave will be pleased.

Went to get my dust sheets ended up bringing eldest son home who has already done the hall ceiling. He said he would be offended if we didn't let him do the job even though we can't pay him and he is struggling too. We have agreed as I didn't want them to get me anything for my birthday as they really cannot afford it this is my present.
It works out a very expensive present.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Argh, the food thing, Malka! Don't I know it!

Result Helena! You are going to be one busy lady with a chain of vans.

Thanks Chris and Lynn.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Well, it's horrible here. Freezing cold, very dismal and snowing on and off (although only in fits and jerks and so not heavily).

We've all froze on our walk .

Helena, Rosie is a different dog now the Wafcol has kicked in. She's not had any recurrence of the horrible pacing and sickness and the itchy/scratchy is just what you'd expect as normal, not the incessant scratching she was doing before. Just shows what effects diet can have.

I've started to introduce small treats now and again that go away from the fish and it's so far so good, but these are few and far between and tiny amounts.

I'm leaving her on Wafcol now as I really don't want to risk her going back to the way she was, but I'm hoping the introduction of different tastes in the form of small treats will give her some variety - albeit in a small way.

Good luck with that caravan, I hope it works out well for you both.

LS, I do hope that Loki's epilepsy settles down soon. It's such a terrible and distressing condition
Oh that's absolutely brilliant news about Rosie then, I hope it's now put an end to it all. We're still doing well with Zena since the Metro's, but we're going to start weaning her off them in May. The vet said if we stop now (as I wanted to!) it would just come straight back again. I feel that Zena's problems are gut bacteria based, and having a daily dose of Metro just keeps that from festering and causing the horrendous problems we have.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear about Loki Linda. (((Hugs))).
The van sounds lovely Helena I am sure Dave will be pleased.

Went to get my dust sheets ended up bringing eldest son home who has already done the hall ceiling. He said he would be offended if we didn't let him do the job even though we can't pay him and he is struggling too. We have agreed as I didn't want them to get me anything for my birthday as they really cannot afford it this is my present.
That's not a bad birthday present you got there Lynn, and I'm sure one day he will more than make up for it when the time is right, but for now, that'll do nicely won't it?

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post

Result Helena! You are going to be one busy lady with a chain of vans.

Thanks Chris and Lynn.
Lol, yes, somebody wants to keep me busy don't they! I've just secured the deal over the phone, that they give me new fencing along the bottom and front of the van INCLUDED in that price and he says it's a done deal for Friday! Woop Wooop! I need it to be secure so that I can immediately let it out to my lovely dog peops, who hopefully will be queueing up for this one once they see my pics. I do hope I remember that camera on Friday when we go cos I've already put this 2nd van up on my websites lol! You can't hold me back can yer!

I hope Loki is doing ok today.xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2013, 02:09 PM
My house is looking bare downstairs anyway. All pictures off walls and a lot of ornaments put away ready for Mark to do the coving and ceiling in the lounge tomorrow.

Beginning to feel like we are really moving now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I remember once opening a box of biscuit treats and chucking the lot on the floor and saying here you are, now stuff yourself and shut up! Anything to stop that nag nag nag - and she really hurt me at times by grabbing my arm with her gimmee gimmee gimmee.

And that is what I do not know whether I can cope with again. The Grand Mals are bad, especially as she always messed herself, but they were over, cleaned her up, but the hours afterwards? That is what I am dreading, because I honestly do not know whether I will be able to cope now.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Morning all....

First day of spring and it is pouring here!! hey ho... got my house back to myself, nephew has left today.. it was fun whilst he was here but YAY for normality, just got to clean up his room and bathroom now!!

Apart from that will be a wet walk for me and the girls today, but we won't melt and we can clean up.!

LOVED reading about everyone's day so far, and H that caravan sounds amazing!

Happy Wednesday all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Still snotting here so taken a day off to try and get rid of it. Ironing though, the theory being the steam will clear my sinuses. Although now I have the job of getting my behind off the couch and getting moving.

Helena, hope you can make a decision about the van soon. Enjoy your walk with Zena. Malka, hope you can keep your head on your shoulders.

*sigh* time to get the ironing board out. See you all later.
I'm sorry you are feeling off-colour still and hopefully the steam from the iron will have helped your sinuses.

Mini - I hope your car passed its MOT.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What a lovely son you have and what an excellent present.

Helena - Congratulations on the new van. I may be a little premature in case something goes wrong before Friday, but it sounds fantastic!! I think I may be too worried to use it - what if its wet and muddy etc etc. It might be better if I just admire it from afar. However, if you insist, I will pay you more for the upgrade.

It seems like late afternoon due to the fact that I've been up such a long time. My son wanted to come to Painshill Park with me but to be honest he walked 50yrds ahead of me most of the time and kept saying things like 'what time do you reckon we'll be home' Rucksack (who I had) kept stopping to sniff while he marched on with Flash. It was a relief to get home ...... well so I thought until I opened the front door and my OH has taken most of the contents of the utility room and dumped it on the kitchen floor He'd ordered some new flooring and was waiting for me to get home to help him I did tell him that is the last thing I feel like doing today and fate was clearly on my side. The washing machine has decided to leak when filling up (probably a bunged up hose) so he is as I type huffing/puffing and cursing in the kitchen trying to fix it. Understandably I made a hasty retreat to another room with the dogs until he has fixed it.

The only good thing is that I did 3 loads of washing yesterday ..... and the dogs are crashed out now after their long walk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Felt just as though there was a storm brewing when I went out to do brekkies this morning, really strange feeling in the air, did quick poop scoop and back in.
Everyone has now been out and all are zonked out after lunch for babies and bones for all.
Car still not driveable, got a text to say it will more than likely be after 3, it is training tonight, and it will be Ash's last night, so I would really like to go, but time is ticking on and still not got the go ahead to drive.
I really could have done with going on a wood run today as well, oh well, things could be worse I suppose, they have been in the past!!!!
Have just made myself a gorjus gorjus bacon and egg barm to make myself feel better, so sat with a cup of tea now and looking at all the jobs I need to do, but enjoying the sit down at the moment.
Jenny, I have done that route march thing with a Son in the past, a walk that would normally be a good hour was completed in about half an hour and I have not felt quite so stressed in a while, dog walking is a relaxing thing in my book!!! Oh well done on the washer, that will keep him busy and stop him finding you stuff to do, and an even bigger well done on getting all your washing out of the way before it bunged up, that is a masterpiece of excellent forward planning on your part
Can't wait to see piccies of this van you have bought Helena, sounds absolutely amazing, and I'm sure you'll be able to charge more for your upgrades and I think you're beginning to be a bit of a Caravan Tycoon and like was said on either the Monday or Tuesday thread yesterday, it will soon be renamed Helena's Caravan Park
Seen some of the headlines of the Budget, and great news (for me at any rate) is the £10k tax threshold, which takes me completely out of paying tax, I am at the moment paying nearly £100 a month to them because I paid into a company scheme as well, and that is money I could spend and I am sure many other people in my situation feel the same. At the moment they are giving benefits to people with one hand and clawing it back in tax with the others, so I think there are savings to be made by just giving everyone a basic £10k and starting from there tax wise.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Afternoon all. A dull cold day here today (for a change) apparently it's been the coldest March for 50 years up to now I can believe it. Just come home from walkies. Taff had a good play with some of his best friends. One of the fellas has a young Chocolate Lab she's gorgeous but he has terrible back problems & finds it very hard to bring Jade out anything like as much as she needs. He'll sometimes go all week not being able to get out & so poor Jade doesnt get out either. Some of the other people who live near him have offered to call for Jade & take her with their dogs but he won't have it. he lives quite near the park so I suggested he gets a chucker & sits on a bench in the park throwing a ball for her but he made excuses. You just can't help some people We told him to get an older dog who would be happy with less exercise but no he got a pup - he said he never thought about not being able to take it out. Now he's on about re homing her It's a shame as they clearly adore each other.

Great news about the Van Helena. Hope Dave loves it as much as you do. You got a bargain there & you should do well when you let it. With having two vans you might be able to accommodate larger families as well who fancy going to the same place.
Hope Lily is feeling better Bev & her leg Is nothing serious
Glad the decorating is going well Lynn. It's a pain what you have to do though isn't it.
I've not heard what delights the budget have given us yet - probably nothing good.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »