View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry, no advice on how to reduce the food costs, but I just wanted to say how pleased I am to read of his improvement; I've only just seen this thread and the first few posts looked very bleak in deed.

Long may his improvement continue
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 04:59 PM
So glad he seems to be getting better, I hope it continues, big hugs from me and the girls. xx
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Just wanted to say glad things are on the up. No idea on the food costs though - is there any way you could strike up a deal by saying you can get the food cheaper elsewhere but if they give you discount, you will stay with them?? Or even try to arrange a bulk buy if they give you a discount? Hope you find a solution soon.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Hope you can find a solution for the food costs. God that would tip us over the edge. I'm so glad things are on the up health wise long may it continue xxx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I've only just caught this post, I'm so pleased that Hash is on the mend, wonderful news. Best of luck with the feed situation, hope you find a solution.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Paul pleased to hear Hash is improving. I lost a puppy with kidney failure in March, we did all we could but she didn't make it .

I was with AXA and they were fantastic . Check out a site called Vet UK for Hills, I found them to be the cheapest when I was searching. Did you ask your vet about other foods and what fresh food Hash could have too as part of his diet.
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2008, 10:19 PM
lots of hugs being sent your way (((((((((())))))))))

michele
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Check out a site called Vet UK for Hills, I found them to be the cheapest when I was searching. Did you ask your vet about other foods and what fresh food Hash could have too as part of his diet.
We are buying from Vet UK and buying in relative bulk to get discounts, thats the Hills KD tins, but we are mixing it with a dry food branded as Specific made by Dechra which is a much cheaper kidney support kibble than the Hills or Royal Canin, in fact its almost the same price as a premium quality kibble and he loves it, they do a 'wet' food too but he won't eat it, nor Royal Canin or Purina vet diets tins so we are stuck with the Hills tins at about £1.47 a go.

He won't eat just kibble on its own, so if we could find a satisfactory addition thats kidney friendly to replace the Hills then at least it would knock a big hole in the costs as its the tins that are costing us as they are only 370grams and its that which is costing about £15 a week plus alone whereas the kibble is only about £10 but represents about 3 to 4 times the bulk of his meals.

If he ate kibble on its own it would not be an issue, £40 or so a month is workable (remember we have two other large dogs to feed), but £100 plus is a lot to budget for.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3