View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 03:35 PM
The thing I find about designated dog poo bins is that they don't seem to get emptied very often.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by maebme View Post
The thing I find about designated dog poo bins is that they don't seem to get emptied very often.
I complained to my local council after all the bins in the park were overflowing.
They said they can't collect more often, but they did get bigger bins, so they don't over flow
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Well I'm glad it's not just me that found the dog loo to be not very good. We relocated ours thinking we hadn't made a very good job of fitting it but it's still rubbish.
So I will continue to double bag it and give it to our bin men. It's lucky we give the bin men beer at Christmas, they take most things for us.
Thanks for all your replies.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2006, 06:52 PM
lol-i tried a dog loo years ago,but my garden is heavy clay and it never went anywhere so ended up a stinking mess!

The poo i collect from garden goes on top of documents i have shredded and put in my bin then no one would want to touch them!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
lol-i tried a dog loo years ago,but my garden is heavy clay and it never went anywhere so ended up a stinking mess!

The poo i collect from garden goes on top of documents i have shredded and put in my bin then no one would want to touch them!
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2006, 12:09 PM
If you feel bad putting in bin, there are wheelie bin bags you could tie it when it is bin day. assuming you use one.

I'm ok because my husband works in refurbishment of offices so usually there is a skip - otherwise I take it to the dump which is only 5 mins away.

Have 4 dogs so lots of poo
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 12:15 PM
We dont have a garden so we always have to pick up the poo with nappy bags (20p for 100 at tescos). Were quite lucky in the fact up at our field (which is litterally outside our front door) there is a dedicated dog poop bin. So I always drop them off in there.

When she used to go in the house though , I put them in our green bin outside and our neighbours complained that it smelled during summer. So now they always go over to the doggy bin
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 02:47 PM
AWWWW what a lovely subject !!!
I'm really glad ive just read through this post actually as I wanted one of those dog toilets. Well I wont be getting 1 now as my assumption is they are cr@p
I have the full monty for 'sh!t picking' i use disposable latex gloves, and i then pick up inside a nappy sack, it then goes in a carrier bag, it then gets double wrapped and put in a black sack at the end of the garden. At the end of each week when the bin men come they get given it....and i bet they have thought its just a bag of normal rubbish each week! Lets hope they dont find out its a huge bag of cr@p!!!!!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Owning 3 large dogs what we do is:

We have a large bucket with a lid in which is kept water and bluesan (the caravan/camping toilet stuff), this breaks the poo down and makes it suitable to go down the sewage drain. I suppose we are lucky in that we have access the the sewage drain.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3