Male 

30-05-2012, 06:35 PM
We rented a field Estrelas and Malamute

Why did you rent Estrelas and a Malamute when you already own some
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I didn't mean to sound negative - I was genuinely wondering what does happen if you get there and someone else is there who doesn't want you to come in and maybe they just got there too?

You've already explained what happened when you got there and someone else wanted to come in. Obviously that person did not want to join you and yours, they wanted to know how long you'd be - I was thinking how I'd feel if they were 'waiting at the gate' for me to finish. Personally, I wouldn't like that. I'd feel I either had to cut it short or be aware they were waiting on me or they'd had a wasted journey.

I've already said it would be nice for all dogs to have somewhere safe to run about. I am lucky, in a short time I can be at lake or beach or huge country type park. In 40 mins I could be in the mountains! (Small island!) In the hot weather I have to avoid fields or big open spaces because there is no shade for the dog (or for me!) so we head for the wooded places. Or walk after sundown.

My thoughts are that an arrangement like that would work better if all those renting knew how many others also rented it and had some rough idea of when any who use it very regularly would be there (especially if they want it to themselves) in the absence of any sort of rota.

*I might rent the pool here out! Hardly anyone who resides here uses it!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 06:49 PM
A rota wouldn't work for me. I go when I have time. I was on yesterday and someone pulled up in a van. They didn't get out. We had a few more minutes as we were more or less done anyway and then I put them back in the car. The lady in the van was reading a book whilst she waited. I wouldn't have felt right making her wait ages though, it wouldn't be polite really. I found a park nearby as backup too, to do a lead walk if the field is occupied.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Lovely pics, it must be great having a field like that!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3