View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Have you told the police about how she is disposing of her dogs?!

I'm so sorry you're going through this, I really do hope it resolves itself soon and that she gets fed up of this bullying.

Keep your chin up and remember we're all here for you, keep us informed about what is going on
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Sadly she doesn't have to be a pit bull to be classed as pit type, I really do hope this blows over. Ask your vet to write you a reference stating her breed and how well behaved she is. Fingers crossed you hear no more.
In this instance I think the fact that the dog is a pedigree, KC registered DDB is enough to establish that the dog is not a Pitbull ot Pitbull type.

I really wouldn't worry cc22peatree, if you have papers to prove her DDB breeding then there's nothing they can do.

Doesn't excuse the bully boy tactics or the idiot that reported you though.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Do try to keep calm and remember that you are in the right.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2007, 07:58 AM
What a wicked thing to do especially in the light of things.
Hopefully on Monday when the KC are open it will all be cleared up.Like NM said don't sign anything and don't hand over any paperwork,but try to be polite if they call again over the weekend and explain till they have spoken to the KC and got confirmation that Trin is DDB you are not prepared to discuss it any further.
May also be worth mentioning the trouble you have had recently and this is a malicious report.
Wishing you loads of luck but sure it will all be ok when kc have cleared up the matter for you.
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Get some really good pics of the two breeds,take them to police station and issue a complaint,ask if he,person behind the desk can see the difference,get him to point out the pit,this is disgusting,did you get her name and number,ignorance is not an excuse,phew,some things make my blood boil,
but you really must follow this through,get a letter of apology etc,so as if it happens again,you can swipe it under their noses,
good luck
Wendy
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 09:30 AM
so sorry to hear another member of this forum is going through this, how truly awful for you, I hope it is over with quickly, hopefully today when she returns, shamefaced.

I would imagine that once they have checked the number with the KC you will be fine, so try not to worry (as hard as that is).

In fairness to the police...how many times must they be faced with 'no it isn't a pitbull honest...it's just big/small/stocky for it's age'..false papers, etc etc etc. They have seen stuff like that all the time and i suspect take everything everyone says with a pinch of salt until they have all the facts. Having said that though, common courtesy goes a long way.
Try to stay calm, Sal has given you some great advice.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:14 AM
ok,this aint rite,i had a fone call this morning,just a min ago actually,it was the police saying they want to come and collect trin 4 assessment on monday,they aint even checked her num yet surely?
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't think issuing complaints or demanding that the informants be prosecuted for wasting police time is the way to go. Not only is it not politic when facing investigation as other posters have pointed out the police have a job to do and who would not want them to investigate something that has been reported to them? I don't think they are likely to charge anyone with wasting their time either because they will not wish to put of other people reporting what they see. The best way to get this over and done with is to remain polite and helpful.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I don't think issuing complaints or demanding that the informants be prosecuted for wasting police time is the way to go. Not only is it not politic when facing investigation as other posters have pointed out the police have a job to do and who would not want them to investigate something that has been reported to them? I don't think they are likely to charge anyone with wasting their time either because they will not wish to put of other people reporting what they see. The best way to get this over and done with is to remain polite and helpful.
im not sure if you would fee the same way if it was your dog
i dont blame the police 4 being so bloody dumb,but i am angry with the person who coursed this and for the reason they've done it
i want them to pay,and trust me when i say they will,they've picked on the wrong person,this means war
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 10:33 AM
im so sorry cc i hope they see sense hun , that old bat has a lot to answer for x
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »