Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Harvey, I parboil my chips and then deep fry the water out of them then turn up the temperature and finish them off so they are soft inside but crispy on the outside. No chips from the fish and chip shop taste the same now.
Well that sounds like the way to do it Yes, soft inside and crispy outside.

The last lot I had a few years ago were all soggy all over, didn't like them at all, funny though the person who took me to the shop (I was staying at a Caravan Club site) thought they were OK.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 01:18 PM
I have been teling my dad to go to the Dr since the cough came back...apparently coughing can induce a TIA which is obviously what has occurred, the mans a muppet!! He will only have to not drive for a month so provided he can get a lift to the yard he will be o.k...provided he sees a dr now.
I think that chips used to be cooked in beef dripping didn't they? there is one good chippy here but it is damn expensive, now my thing occasionally if i were forced to eat something would be a scallop but again, that has to be nice and crispy
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2016, 02:20 PM
good day folks - hope your Dad is OK and sees the Doc ASAP ! If he doesn't Griff - it's not your fault he won't listen! With a bit of luck it'll put the wind up him and he'll go toddling off like a good 'un!
This talk of fish and chips is making me hungry and there's quite a long way to go to Dinner. Up here we are only a stone's throw away from West Yorkshire where although the Oriental vendors of fast food use cooking oil. The traditional English Chippies (of which there are many) tend to use the traditional dripping - makes an entirely different dish of fish and chips! Should we occasionally fancy them - then that is our port of call - mind you, they can't be good for you with all that beef dripping knocking about. But you have got to ask - who wants to live forever on soggy chips! lol !
Glad you had a nice break at your Mum's place Mandy - Mr Sainsbury will be glad you made it back so you can earn him more money!
Left shoulder very stiff and sore - can't raise my arm above half way - but it is only bruising as all functions are normal as long as I don't attempt to elevate it. Please don't any of you worry though - it's just one of those things and will right itself given time - just sore is all! Will avoid ice dancing in future - well - that's if I manage to see it in time! lol !
Take care all and see you later - have a good rest of day, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 02:39 PM
Awww LG, sorry you have a oorly arm...no fun i know as i had the same thing last week...get them mem to rub some witch hazel in for you. There are a few chippies here that use beef dripping as my neighbour is sikh and they don't eat beef so she has to check before she buys chips from the chippy.
i don't think my dad would dare not go to the Dr now...especially when he gets informed that a mini stroke is often a warning sign for a big'un if you don't change your ways
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Hi all, we've had dinner and taken Rosie for a run round. She loves the snow, bit colder than last week for me. Spoke to mum today and asked her to send some of that sun, did ty to bring it but customs wouldn't let me lol
Glad you are ok, apart from a sore arm. Gather you've had a ice dance lesson.
Griff some men can be so very stubborn bit like my hubby. Hopefully you will get through to him.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Did go to training, not a lot there today, Zen was really good and did a stay without me holding the lead and without going for a run round the field. Got there early and Alun was the only one there so we let both of them off for a play, so here's the piccies, remember Diesel (the GSD) is fully grown and Zen is only 7 months, Monster Munch just keeps growing
LG can you have a soak in Epsom Salts, it didn't half ease my aches and pains when I gave them a try, so always try to have a soak in them a few nights. I bet Dancing on Ice never phoned to thank you for auditioning either
Griff a lovely brindle staffy joined today and Zen was play bowing like a maniac and it was play bowing back, I said to the lady, excuse her she's 7 months and has very little brain, and she said same here. All it wanted to do was have cuddles, I thought Alun was a bit harsh making it sit in the snow to be honest, I mean there's not much protection around there for them is there. Zen is well padded and insulated and was lying down rolling in the snow when she got the chance.
It started snowing halfway through, and came home in the snow, ihanded out chicken drumsticks, sorted the girls beds out, swept up, handed out raw carrots, got more coal in and have thrown a couple of logs on and got a nice blaze going. Snow has just stopped, so going to get a butty and brew
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1173.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	4822   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1174.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	4823   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1175.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	4824  
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 03:32 PM
She has certainly grown June, is she going to be bigger than the other girls?

LG, sorry you have hurt your arm, as Griff said get some witchhazel rubbed into it or volterol, which is what I swear by.

Got to take Amber out again in a bit but at least it is dry here. Watching the snooker again. Ronnie's doing well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Mandy, men are strange creatures ....no offence tumbleweed, LG or Losos, why would you not address a problem as soon as it arises instead of leaving it progress and get 10 times worse?? very odd
Crikey TW, she is going to be hoooooooge!!!! Staffies are awesome playmates, they are like the ever ready bunny...will go on and on and then if needs be happy enough just to cotch on the sofa. You are right, they don't have a lot of hair or fat round their butts...i must admit, i teah them to sit when they are pups at the kerb etc but to be honest if they will wait at the kerb or if i tell them to stay if they stand and stay i am happy enough...the way i see it is i wouldn't want to get my gear off and sit on a cold hard surface so why should they?
Just made them a dinner with veggies and steak...both cleared their bowls, i also made myself some dinner too and guess what???? i got it all ready at the same time Lol Yay for me
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2016, 03:34 PM
ooo Moyra, you snuck in Lol..have you got any snow yet?? mines all melting luckily, don't mind fresh snow but don't like the couple of days after when snow goes to ice
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Becuz they is frikened, Griff, thats why. They always say if women had the first baby and men the second, there'd be a third but never a fourth
Zen is already bigger then anybody else, is taller than Nana Lona even. I may be able to ride her perhaps
Yeah she liked playing with the staffie she met when she was a baby, and this one was just the same, like you say the ever ready bunny Its good she's met some nice ones actually, the only ones I ever met with Cariad and Lona were nasty articles.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >