View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
She will do a leave with food if we are there and often will not touch food if left on the side and we are not there. The open fridge is however too much of a temptation. I am still not sure if she opened it or if it cam open as the seal is not brilliant.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 11:01 PM
LOL...

My two are fridge raiders...but only if I forget to stick the gaffa tape to the side of the fridge..so that makes it my fault..right??

We started off with one bit of gaffa tape in the middle..came back to find it carefully peeled back (complete with teeth marks)..

So now we have 3 strips LOL.. I need a taller fridge freezer so that Mr Cruiser isn't tall enough to reach the top bit...
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 01:25 AM
What about putting a rug or some paper down on the floor in front of the fridge and rewarding her when she goes AROUND it. You could use a command word like 'keep clear.' I was thinking if you started off with some kind of little barrier in the beginning and progressed........ (the idea is to mark off an area she has to avoid - big enough and strategically placed so that she couldn't open the fridge unless she went 'in' it.)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Just caught this Rach, don't know what advice to offer, we don't have that problem with ours.....but can I just say

OH left the fridge door open

OH is suggesting you train the dog not to go in the fridge

GOT IT.......................keep Oh out of the fridge
There you go ....poor Fudge, she was only doing what she thought was right, bet she thought
'wow' thats nice of Dad, now I can have a midnight feast'
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Just caught this Rach, don't know what advice to offer, we don't have that problem with ours.....but can I just say

OH left the fridge door open

OH is suggesting you train the dog not to go in the fridge

GOT IT.......................keep Oh out of the fridge
There you go ....poor Fudge, she was only doing what she thought was right, bet she thought
'wow' thats nice of Dad, now I can have a midnight feast'
I have to say I agree. It is like moving dangerous objects away from toddlers, there is a balance between teaching them rules and taking responsibility for keeping them safe. I was just curious if anyone had successfully found a training method.

I like the idea of teaching a no go zone around the fridge. That might be an option.

Thanks for all your replies.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3