View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
craig how can killing an animal if its to eat or not to eat be fun???
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
hunting is neitheR good nor fun its ABSOLUTELY CRUEL
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 07:44 PM
i agree bml!!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

05-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by amts

much less cruel than supporting the conventinel farmer in his way of keeping cows, chickens, pigs etc. by buying his products in the shops.

Now thats where I would like ppl to scream animal rights and actually do something
I agree and I do speak out about farming methods and I hate to hear the animal being spoken about as a food source - but unfortunately most people view me as mad for the way I think

I really don't want to get involved in another debate about animals and hunting but I just can't help but say my piece on the subject - sorry
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2005, 01:25 AM
hi emm never be sorry for the way you feel!!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

05-06-2005, 01:56 AM
thanks Staffiemad but sometimes I feel I have to - feel very strongly on the subject and have to try and stop myself from getting too upset by it
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2005, 05:58 AM
I am pro hunting I am a meat eater, believe in keeping the fox, rabbit, pheasant etc population under control and if it is done via a sport, so be it

NOT a popular view but an honest one
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2005, 08:23 AM
What ppl seems to focus on is the actual killing when hunting.

How many knows what comes before, during and after a hunt?
How many knows what it takes in hours, money and how much you need to know and care for the woods, fields and other places the wild life is?

If you dont care about the surroundings and have a passion for not only animals but also the enviroment, you wont be able to hunt. Atleast not for long...

I feed, plant, cut, clean etc my land in able to make it the best place, not only for my pets, but also for the wild life. Compared to what actually gets hunted its not worth comparing and would make any "Rambo" find a paint ball game to attend instead.

And the "funny" thing is, that I spend many hours cleaning up after "city folks" who seems to have no idea what their walks and treating the land like a garbagecan can actually do to wild life. They are the ones stressing and killing the animals with their carelessness. Sadly often in a very painfull way.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

05-06-2005, 09:05 AM
I recently had to go collecting rubbish from the local kids where they had left their empty beer cans and the plastics rings that they come on - they had left them in the field next to the woods

I can completly understand what you are saying amts - do you have a large area of land? It sounds so nice - I would love to have some land so I could do that cultivate it for the wildlife - I just would'nt be able to do the hunting bit
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Emm
I can completly understand what you are saying amts - do you have a large area of land? It sounds so nice - I would love to have some land so I could do that cultivate it for the wildlife - I just would'nt be able to do the hunting bit
I would want more land than we have now. We have rented this place and also rented the fields next to us.
We are trying to find a small farm with more land to buy, but there isnt enough for sale here and the prizes are

But we are happy with with we got now and just seing the falcons just outside our door is something I wouldnt trade with anything in the world. It truly is amazing

And it gives us the oppertunity to have all our pets (cat, dog, ponies and rabbits) close and at home to enjoy every day. Not to mention the wild life we get to see and enjoy too. I do feel very happy to be honest. Never want to go back to the city
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »