View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Awww poor Conor...feel his pain, it really is a nasty bug Lacey so hope you don't get it!!! thanks for asking after Deags...she has just had a blood test, results due monday afternoon all being well...another £89
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Evening all.

Work again tonight, like an ice rink in B'ham this morning.

Watching the BBC news and seems everywhere is in "crisis"
Hospitals in crisis peoples waiting it seems on average 15 hours to be admitted from ambulance to the hospital AE dept......people are in a hospital with support but why are we so "backed up" is it as I suspect an aging population that means that people are admitted to hospital but although medically fit enugh to go home not able too.............maybe we need to resinstate "convalescent homes" or a better idea.
Prisons now at breaking point apparently due to the use of drones controled by mobile smart phones that bring in drugs/etc to the prisons. Apparently Holland use Eagles to patrol the sky and bring down the drones.

Such a pleasure to watch the news........
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Got the girls out same as the other day. This time their play on the little park wasn't interrupted at all so they had a good half hour of playing chase and running around after the balls. Gave Mabs and Kesh a good do with the grooming rake, Zen was just mud really, tried to make a start but gave up.
Full attire of thermal undies to go out, so much so I was like a wet rag when I got back, more than warm.
Eileen I feel very sorry for Conor if he's got the Plague. Keep him away from the babies as its bad when you're an adult, for a baby to get it they would be very poorly indeed.
Glad you have survived the snow LG, we've had next to none here at all.Would have liked to have had a decent amount as Zen has never seen snow.
A Very Happy Birthday to Lauryn, Mandy. That cake is absolutely lovely and hope she's had a marvellous day
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Kazz - of course everywhere is in "crisis" (well, according to that bastion of righteousness the BBC). Their chief delight is in briefing against the current Tory administration and seize on the slightest thing with endless relish.
Hospitals - There would be nowhere like the pressure on the NHS - if for starters they stopped people from using it like a drop in centre for curing their hangovers etc. Each A&E should have at it's entrance an experienced triage nurse and two big security men who could refuse entrance to people who don,t need the service. That would thin the workload of that department by at least 50%. Speaking from my last personal experience in July of last year, when I was sent to the A & E dept of Tameside hospital by my GP as my kidneys had stopped working (I had to go through A&E as I couldn't go direct to ambient care because the junior docs were on strike). The place was full to the gunwhales with whining junkies (4 of which were evicted by security for scoring in the toilets. Whole families of people of indeterminate origin but not English speaking were crowding round anyone in a uniform demanding they be seen at once as they were important. Three separate drunks were sleeping it off (two slumped in chairs - one on the floor). The place was so full they were spilling out onto the carpark. I was there an hour and saw only one genuine accident come through the place. The rest should have been told to push off. Of course, you cannot expect some poor overworked nurse to take on such an unpleasant task but it needs undertaking if only to save the service from such abuse. The trouble is that everybody knows what is happening but no one dare speak out about it for fear of being labelled a neo-Nazi.
Prisons - I could positively guarantee that no-one would return to one I ran. They should stop physical contact with visitors, the only visits should be through armour plated glass. Prisoners would only be allowed to exercise in areas closed to the sky (thus avoiding drones) Only viewing of communal TV for 2 hrs nightly on a reward basis for good conduct. No phones, no computers and finally double the number of prison staff. These would mostly be conscripted from ex-serviceman and have a minimum height and weight requirement. The staff would contain no muddle minded do-gooders and would be appropriately trained in the management of the recalcitrant. All prison sentences would be served to full term, absolutely no remission, time would be added for any type of misdemeanour.
Finally - anything that happened in one of Her Majesty,s correctional facilities would be subject to a press "D" notice so that their attempted notoriety would not be brought to public attention (which is doubtless one of their wishes).
With a nice chap like me running things - the News could once more become a pleasure to view.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Oh I so agree with you LG. Everything you have said about the state of the A&E waiting areas is very true. I will never ever forget being turned away whilst large families from various countries took up all the available seating and of course they for some reason took priority over such as myself.
To me it is only common sense that there is a mesh 'roof' to prevent the landing of drones, sadly sense is no longer common
Another thing that would help the financial woes of the NHS would be to stop health tourism by simply asking proof of ID and country of origin. Also stopping foreign aid to countries capable of producing nuclear weapons and space rockets, if they can afford that, they can look after their own people. Any monies paid in future would be subject to scrutiny as to where it was spent and all private jets etc would be seized as repayment for the misappropriation of funds. If they need foreign aid then they have no need of private jets
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2017, 10:04 PM
That's got it sorted then June, me for Home Secretary and your good self for the post of Foreign Secretary.
I bet we could speed up this Brexit lark whilst we are at it! Simples! Eh!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 10:10 PM
You 2would get my vote!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2017, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Such a pleasure to watch the news........
I gave up a long time ago Kazz I really can't bear to listen to the reporters getting all excited about 'their' story, hoping it will be become 'big' and they get nominated as the person who 'broke' it to the world, that will be a big boost to their C.V. and thus their career.

Tony Newly summed it up for me in his song 'Stop the World I want to get off' I think it was him, someone will corect me if I'm wrong no doubt.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
(well, according to that bastion of righteousness the BBC). Their chief delight is in briefing against the current Tory administration and seize on the slightest thing with endless relish
Unlike me the OH does watch the news and she tells me that Laura Kunsberg is a nasty piece of work, the sort of person who couldn't do any of the jobs of the people she interviews just knows how to stick the knife in

On the subject of prisons, I once wrote on Dogsey that they should build some on those remote Islands of the West coast of Scotland. I even named a few that one can look up on Google maps and which would be ideal. But, quick as a flash some one came on and told me that the law states that English prisnors have to be locked up in an English prison, Welsh prisnors in Wales etc. etc. Apparently this is so that the relatives don't have too far to travel when visiting

I despair, I really do, that's why I don't watch any general news related stuff and just follow the business news (which I have to do anyway.)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
That's got it sorted then June, me for Home Secretary and your good self for the post of Foreign Secretary.
I bet we could speed up this Brexit lark whilst we are at it! Simples! Eh!
You've got my vote, so that's a count of two, not bad for starters
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >