View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 08:20 PM
After the show we went on a short woodland walk to give the dogs a chance to stretch their legs.

Yogi showed me his budding agility skills

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Fabulous pics, we spent alot of time talking to the Police today as they did thier bit at the show, One really took a liking to Skye......was going to sell her to him, but he didn't have enough pennies..........(Only joking) I told him ''''hands off mate'''
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Great pics of a special lad jumping the bench.

Glad you got your walk and bet the doggies were too, we stopped on the way home too, but at Halliburton woods near Coupar Angus. Poor Ben was shattered!
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'm glad the policewoman did well

LOL at Bel, but I guess if they'd have seen her in action they would've changed their mind.

How did the standard compare to yesterday?
No one believes me when I tell them Bel is ex-police - they say she looks too small, cute and sweet lol

The standard was better overall, the obedience more accurate and more dogs cleared the jumps. The sendaways were a lot better with the added difficulty of a re-direct. The bitework was harder and more committed, there were fewer 'dirty' bites in the hold and bark, but there were the same difficulties with the recall from the criminal.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Fabulous pics, we spent alot of time talking to the Police today as they did thier bit at the show, One really took a liking to Skye......was going to sell her to him, but he didn't have enough pennies..........(Only joking) I told him ''''hands off mate'''
Like I'd ever believe you were going to sell Skye

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Great pics of a special lad jumping the bench.

Glad you got your walk and bet the doggies were too, we stopped on the way home too, but at Halliburton woods near Coupar Angus. Poor Ben was shattered!
He did so well though didn't he - his wee tail just didn't stop wagging That was what was really noticable as from the videos after his op, he was trying but it was a really 'floppy' wag, now its back to a real 'leg whipper'

Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
No one believes me when I tell them Bel is ex-police - they say she looks too small, cute and sweet lol

The standard was better overall, the obedience more accurate and more dogs cleared the jumps. The sendaways were a lot better with the added difficulty of a re-direct. The bitework was harder and more committed, there were fewer 'dirty' bites in the hold and bark, but there were the same difficulties with the recall from the criminal.
They really didn't like being called back did they I thought afterwards about whether they could actually hear their handler with the air rifle range quite close by and the tannoy for the games. But then in real life they don't know what back ground noises there would be.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 08:42 AM
They really didn't like being called back did they I thought afterwards about whether they could actually hear their handler with the air rifle range quite close by and the tannoy for the games. But then in real life they don't know what back ground noises there would be.
I think they could hear them alright - some on Sunday knew they were being naughty, stole a quick bite, then raced back to their handlers instead of hanging on like they usually do lol

After the show we went on a short woodland walk to give the dogs a chance to stretch their legs.

Yogi showed me his budding agility skills

Yogi's really coming on That's quite a jump!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I think they could hear them alright - some on Sunday knew they were being naughty, stole a quick bite, then raced back to their handlers instead of hanging on like they usually do lol

wee devils

Yogi's really coming on That's quite a jump!
Moobli didn't intend him to jump it to start with - I wanted a photo of them sitting on the bench, so she asked him to jump on to it - he just went straight over the top and thought it was great fun, so she got him to do it a couple more times for me to get the photo
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Ohh lovely pics, I'm jealous as I'd love to have seen that

I always wanted to be a PD handler (or a vet) when I was a kid too

Isn't it amazing how many parents allow their kids to just stroke a strangers dog!
Thanks AM. The scary thing was that most of the parents weren't even either with, or watching, their children!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Great pics you have really captured the day. Have to say I agree with you about kids just charging up to dogs...though Ben got his own back last thing in the day. He was very tierd by then and just being very very sooky and 3 kids bounded up and started stroking and fussing him so he duly lay down rolled onto his back...and....started to widdle The kids made a shrp exit!!
Too much excitement for 1 day me thinks!!
Will definitely have to all meet up again.
I too wiiould love to know who won the police dogs overall
LOL at Ben! He showed 'em

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Lovely pics. So glad you all had a good day and Ben is looking fab, bless him
Thanks Wuffle. Ben was looking amazing and such a friendly wee boy - he is gorgeous.

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Lovely photos - gorgeous dogs all
Thanks Miss E

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Great pics looks like you all had a great day.
Good to see Ben up and about.
Thanks Lynn. We all had a fabulous day.

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing x
Thanks Lou.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Looks like good fun.
I would have loved to have seen the kids faces when Ben tiddled
LOL me too!

Was a really good day, made so much the better by the people I was sharing it with
Hali, Moobli, I think the Policewoman (the one with the dog with the cut in it's ear) came second overall.
It seems Bel doesn't look the part as a police dog (even though she used to be) as yesterday not one person asked me if she was one, but today walking around with Cox 4 people asked me if he was one of the police dogs and whether he bites! lol.
Aww poor Bel is just too sweet looking I don't think those boys believed you she was even a GSD when they asked! LOL - well Cox certainly has *presence* How did he get on with all the people/dogs around etc?

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Great pictures, Kirsty! Looks like you all had a great day.
I think Callander is a lovely wee place. Aw, I wish I had went now!
It is a lovely place, and I would definitely like to go back for an explore.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >