View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 04:58 PM
There really aren't any books on all shepherds, as that would take a HUGE amount of paper when you tally all the breeds.

BUT, there is this book which is very good for all four types of Belgain Shepherds, including the very rare Laekenois.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...491931-8799034

Is there any other shepherd breed you would like to find a book on, I could proably find one.
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 05:00 PM
she is lovely Amanda
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by gordon lover
There really aren't any books on all shepherds, as that would take a HUGE amount of paper when you tally all the breeds.

BUT, there is this book which is very good for all four types of Belgain Shepherds, including the very rare Laekenois.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...491931-8799034

Is there any other shepherd breed you would like to find a book on, I could proably find one.
Thanks GL you're a star I am still trying to get my head round this breed variation thing because now I am confused. You see I thought that the Tervuren were one type, then there were Belgians, then Australian and then German etc.... So am I right in thinking the 4 you said were all part of the Belgian strain, and so there will be loads and loads of variations on the German strain etc...?

Thanks Emma She's curled up by my feet now after having a long run with the pups, which I think she loved all the more as she had someone faster than her
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi Amanda

There are 4 dogs all going under "the Belgian Sheepdog": Groenendaal, Lakenois, Tervueren and Malinois.

The latter is a often used police dog in America....

Its really 4 different dogs.

In the gsd department, its the colour and length of fur, but still a GSD
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Jeanette, you put it so nicely. I could never put it so well.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Aawww thanks Kate
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 10:15 PM
aww shes lovely
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Thanks Jeanette, I understand now
After doing a search through old threads on HD, I found this thread of Gems which has a link posted by wolfie that I've found really as it covers all the different colours of shepherds
I think Micha is part blue and I've finally found out Luke's offical colour too... he's a black sable
http://dogweb.co.uk/talk/dog4463.html

Thanks Candie she is an absolute star

Well we're a little worried about her at the moment as we've noticed that she is having difficulty in getting upstairs and she 'bunny' hops when she runs as though there is a problem with her left leg, so I'm hoping to get her into the vets this week for a full check up. I hope that it's just lack of muscle, but hubby reckons it's HD

I've managed to charge my phone up so I just got a couple of extra shots of her (sorry they aren't very good)
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2004, 08:33 AM
sounds like hd................hopping is one of the signs.the only way to be sure is x rays.i hope it isn't she is so young.she looks great and very settled with you and the family. it could be muscle if you have let her off and shes not used to it maybe she pulled some thing with playing or just a strain.
i hope every thing is ok and nothing serious.
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 10:20 AM
She's stunning Cumbrian Lass, I do hope Misha doesn't have HD, maybe her last owners just didn't give her the excercise that she's needed hence the lack of muscle and now that she is getting excercised and starting to work those muscles it may be a little sore. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not HD.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >