Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by ESS Owner View Post
As i was passing the ring with my son we saw the title on the board ' Childs best friend ' - next to that nothing about cross breeds or no pedigrees welcome!!! .. After asking the helper taking enteries if we could go in we gave our £1 (Which we thought was going to a good charity!!! and may i add knowing nothing about this class being a qualifier for anything) and entered the class .. My main issue here is finding comment on here about my dog and the fact that Westie felt the need to mention my dogs docked tail???!!! for some reason, now that is unacceptable .. Her issue here is with the organiser and nothing to do with my son, my dog, nor myself .. Thats what she needs to appreciate .. We had a fantastic Family day out where we thought we were contributing to a charity day FULL STOP ...
And on the board, up above the "Childs Best Friend" class title was the competition title "Scruffts: Family Crossbreed Dog Of The Year" in big, colourful letters. Not hard to miss, I wouldn't have thought.

I have already made it clear, several times, about why I added the comment about your dog having a docked tail, but I'll say it again in case you missed it. It was to support my argument about the fact that you have a pedigree docked. I stated a fact, nothing more. How is that unacceptable? If I wanted to try and get you for your dog having an illegally docked tail, I would't have guessed your dog was 3-4 years old, now would I? That didn't even cross my mind at the time, so please don't try and turn things around to suit yourself.

Spare me the part about the £1 for charity. Please.

Please close this thread. I think everything has been clarified more than once. Thank you.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Yep, it is, it says that in the rules, posted multiple times in this thread for anyone who has missed them!
When you enter classes at fun shows and not really interested in the serious side to showing, you really dont feel the need to go around reading all the rules beforehand though Westie must .. We were passing the ring as already written and thought the chartity would appreciate every donation no matter how small it was .. Therefore we entered for fun ..
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by ESS Owner View Post
When you enter classes at fun shows and not really interested in the serious side to showing, you really dont feel the need to go around reading all the rules beforehand though Westie must .. We were passing the ring as already written and thought the chartity would appreciate every donation no matter how small it was .. Therefore we entered for fun ..
If I didn't know already about Scruffts, the title would have given it away for Scruffts being for crossbreed dogs only. I would not have had to go and read the rules.

Being entered for fun or otherwise, you were not eligible for the class, whether the organisers said so or not.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
If I didn't know already about Scruffts, the title would have given it away for Scruffts being for crossbreed dogs only. I would not have had to go and read the rules.
Again I dont agree with that, some people would assume that it ment scruffy dogs,, as said before I would have been tempted to stick vinnie in, hes scruffy, Im sure we have had scruffy things on here in the companion show side of the forum, it made no diff if the dog was ped or xbreed, it came down to how scruffy they are
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I think this thread should be closed as it's going nowhere and points have been clarified several times.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Again I dont agree with that, some people would assume that it ment scruffy dogs,, as said before I would have been tempted to stick vinnie in, hes scruffy, Im sure we have had scruffy things on here in the companion show side of the forum, it made no diff if the dog was ped or xbreed, it came down to how scruffy they are
OK, how about the title at the top of the board and the entry form "Scruffts: Family Crossbreed Dog Of the Year". Would that not indicate to you that it was for crossbreed dogs?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Please bear in mind that it's the organisers I have a problem with, as stated in my original posts.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:42 PM
if you feel that the thread is going nowhere and it should be closed why do you keep on posting westie? Why not just bow out like you said you were doing three or four pages ago?

YOu are never going to be able to convince those who disagree with you that you are right and vice versa! Instead of calling for the thread you started to be closed......just stop posting!!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
if you feel that the thread is going nowhere and it should be closed why do you keep on posting westie? Why not just bow out like you said you were doing three or four pages ago?

YOu are never going to be able to convince those who disagree with you that you are right and vice versa! Instead of calling for the thread you started to be closed......just stop posting!!!
Please don't tell me to stop posting. I have the right to change my mind.

As i've said, I will fight this all the way as I know I'm in the right and I have not turned this in to a slanging match.

I am defending what I believe to be right and several points in tonight's first post from ESS Owner was directed at myself.

There are opinions and there are facts. The facts speak volumes.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
And on the board, up above the "Childs Best Friend" class title was the competition title "Scruffts: Family Crossbreed Dog Of The Year" in big, colourful letters. Not hard to miss, I wouldn't have thought.

I have already made it clear, several times, about why I added the comment about your dog having a docked tail, but I'll say it again in case you missed it. It was to support my argument about the fact that you have a pedigree docked. I stated a fact, nothing more. How is that unacceptable? If I wanted to try and get you for your dog having an illegally docked tail, I would't have guessed your dog was 3-4 years old, now would I? That didn't even cross my mind at the time, so please don't try and turn things around to suit yourself.

Spare me the part about the £1 for charity. Please.

Please close this thread. I think everything has been clarified more than once. Thank you.
All i can say is you should thing about what you write before you post anything on the internet .. I was very upset about what i read on friday and really think you should make things slightly less personal .. I was there for fun, did not do anything wrong and find me being made out to be someone who ruins shows for people .. I dont think so .. I can assure you it does not make nice reading .. You are lucky i do not let people like yourself put me off fun charity shows but you would do a lot of people .. Think before you get personal about beloved pets please ..
Closed Thread
Page 29 of 33 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »