View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Bugzy.... His litter brother the breeder was keeping was going to be called Malone, Bugzy malone

Meeka... As a tiny pup she looked like Meeko the naughty racoon from Pocohontis, as she is female I changed it to Meeka for a more feminine sound.

Aura.. When we got Aura , I wanted something spiritual, was going to call her moonstone as she is the colour of a moonstone crystal but I thought that was too long... Moonstone crystals can clense your Aura, so there you go... we decided on Aura
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Jonah ... named after a famous ex-rugby player in NZ called Jonah Lomu - runs as fast as the wind and swerves at the last minute!
Nola
New Member!
Female 

16-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Nola is the abbreviation of New Orleans, Louisiana. No particular reason for calling her that - it is the name of an album by Down and I just thought it sounded pretty.
Browndogs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I tend not to name my animals when they first arrive but give it a few days for their personality to come out and then see what suits them. When we got Bruno as a puppy he was like a little brown teddy bear and I started calling him Bruin (for bear) and this quickly became corrupted into Bruno which really suits him (though people who have never met him tend to assume he's a boxer becasue of the name - can't imagine why )

Mouse came with her name but I know she was named this as a puppy becasue she was tiny and with her mouse shaped ears and habit of scuttling about it also seemed natural. We were thnking of changing it when we got her but, once again, it seems to suit her so well - though OH likes to call her Mo
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Cherry was called Cherry when we rehomed her and we changed her name to Bessie but then my husband kept calling her names like "Darth Bessie" and "Bessie the monster dog" (she used to be a little bod) and I didn't like it so we changed her name back to Cherry again.

Parker was called Smudger but I didn't like that name as I don't think it's really him if you know what I mean. He is called Parker after Detective Chief Inspector Parker in the Dorothey L Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey detective stories. As he's very nosey it really suits him!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 06:07 PM
well ty was either gonna be called kaiser or ty (after my grandads gsd that he had when he was younger) i couldnt decide what to call him and my mum still had him till i could collect him so i got her to call out both names and see which he responded to and he ignored her both times so i let my mum choose and ty it was
steveyp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2010, 06:59 PM
We went to the rescue for my daughter who wanted a dog called Oscar and we kept looking til she found one that looked like an Oscar.

Misha came with her name, we bought her off a breeder at 7 months so we kept it.

Paddy is named after my dog when I was little. I had already decided that our next dog would be a boy called Paddy but he was actually an impulse buy when we looked at a litter for my Mom who bought his brother.
pinkgunner
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Floyd is named after Brad Pitts character in the film True Romance, one of my fave films and although he wasnt in the film much, he was brill in it.

Ruby was going to be called Mia and when we were driving home she just didnt suit it, and Ruby just popped out of nowhere, she just looked like she should be called Ruby!!
Kelly27
New Member!
Female 

17-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Kyle got his name as my dad named him and it just stuck.

Skye already had his name when we got him.

Roxy was called "Foxy" when we got her, so that night we sat trying to think of a name that would kind of sound the same then on came eastenders and thats how "Foxy" became "Roxy" and roxy mitchell

Mya, my sister named her and she suits it

Our new dog that we get next month is called Bailey and we'll just keep her with that
mariasmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2010, 11:18 PM
my dogs name is shadow, hes always by my side
Page 29 of 46 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 > Last »