View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:34 PM
When the dog is in your care you only want the best by them, so I would want to be sure I was doing what was right for that dog.

Originally Posted by leo View Post
the thing is again if you did allow the breeder to have the
dog back there is nothing to stay that breeder will not then go on to re home the dog they said to you they would keep.
You read me wrong ifthe dog were to go back to the breeder it's for the breeder to rehome the dog responsibly and I ask that I be kept updated. But like I said I've never had a breeder offer to take back an adult dog
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2006, 08:37 PM
ok but i don't understand why you judge the breeder if they are prepared to take on the dog and find it a new home.....surely like zounds pointed out its 1 less in the kennel waiting for the right owner and 1 more space for a dog who hasn't got any where to go even if it does turn out to be a temp home.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:38 PM
well now you've met a few. i am 100% sure the breeders here would take their dogs back - I knwo if I were breeding dogs I would take any back, at any age, no questions asked - and what's more, the same for the rats - if anyone can't keep any of the rats i breed - they come here - i would be gutted if htey went into rescue, and demand them back - contract in hand.

xx
sammymax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by AllBreeds View Post
If I knew the breeder was 100% genuine or it was an adult with no selling potential I would consider it as this would make me think they're not doing it for profit. However they would be treated the same as any potential adopter ie home visit etc and the dog neutered prior to leaving.
But you'll never know, will you? Because, as you've previously stated, you refuse to give the breeders the chance to help you. And so, it seems to me, that you're judging all breeders of your rescues without giving them the opportunity to show you if they're good breeders or not. Doesn't seem very fair on the breeders does it? And it would seem to make your rescue problem worse if you're not even giving people a chance to help you.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
So basically your telling them,that you have one of there dogs,they can't have it back,even if they want to,so why bother with the phonecall in the first place?
To hopefully make them think twice the next time

Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Surely it would be better going back to a breeder than been kept in a kennel for god knows how long
Sadly a lot of breeders keep their dogs kennelled too, some for life.

All my dogs are kept either in my home or in foster homes, never kenneled or caged.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:44 PM
To hopefully make them think twice the next time
think about what? how unfair the rescue in question is being?!

sorry but that's ludicrous! if a breeder is genuine and desperately wants their dog back - what's there to think about???!!!!

xx
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by sammymax View Post
But you'll never know, will you? Because, as you've previously stated, you refuse to contact the breeders. And so, it seems to me, that you're judging all breeders of your rescues without picking up the phone first. Doesn't seem very fair on the breeders does it? And it would seem to make your rescue problem worse if you're not even giving people a chance to help you.
sorry but your either not reading my posts or your twisting my words. Like I've said I do contact breeders, everytime I get a dog in with papers but they never offer to take the adult dogs back
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:47 PM
but would you give it to them if they did offer?

xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2006, 08:49 PM
but thats just it........my dogs live in doors never been in a kennel or any type of crate and any pups i produced would be treated the same.
this is what i think most ppl mean how will you know what type of person the breeder is if you don't give them the chance to be there for the pups that they have produced?
so you call a breeder and make them aware you have 1 of their pups then what?
just trying to work out what happens?
to me as a possible breeder and owner i know any dog i produced would always have a home with us.
the sex,age,condition,problems the dog may have don't come into it but to think rescues could have my details and not give me the chance to stand by and care for 1 of my pups is harsh.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
think about what? how unfair the rescue in question is being?!

sorry but that's ludicrous! if a breeder is genuine and desperately wants their dog back - what's there to think about???!!!!

xx
Please read through my posts Zoundz - the breeders don't offer to take the adult dogs back, puppies yes but not adults. In my experience anyway. I wonder if any of the other rescues on here have had a breeder willing to take an adult dog back?
Page 29 of 39 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »