Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
...................Bring in dog licensing!
They have dog licences in the USA, Northern Ireland & lots of other countries which have the same problems as we do here.

Please explain how licensing a dog will stop it attacking someone-will the licence include all dogs having to be muzzled & fastened up all the time in secure kennels ??
spot
Dogsey Veteran

01-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and personally I find yours objectionable.

There are ways of conveying your obvious strength of feeling without being so offensively graphic.

J.
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Yet another offensive and in my opinion vile post. If going at the dog with a knife would make you feel better then that speaks volumes...nefore you say it no I do not know you nor do I want to after that comment. and no I do not condone any dog attacking and killing a child but slashing it to death will not change the outcome of a poor child and a failed "pet"

The dog, as I have previously said, had its fate sealed when it attacked... it is surely every decent human beings duty to ensure that any "dispatch" of the dog is as quick and stress free as possible after all were it not for us "the superior race" that dog would not have been in that situation and that child would still be alive. You may argue that the child's death was not quick nor pain free and not being at the incident I can not argue that point but the incident took place because of humans however you look at it (bad breeding, bad treatment of dog, allowing child unsupervised access etc etc - all human created situations)

Beggars belief that such vicious comments are allowed on a "dog lovers" forum
Excellent posts both! Anyone who would take 'great pleasure' in stabbing a dog not only disgusts me but frightens me!

I totally agree with you Benzmum - its the humans at fault not the dogs.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by weestumpy View Post
Shot the dog, i would have had great pleasure in going at it with a large knife
Then you're as bad as the folk responsible for this dog and the child's death!

JMO, of course!
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=johnderondon;

It's not the breed.

Personal Responsibility - there's an idea![/QUOTE]

yes and yes!!

you have problems that go beyond the reach of this forum.

Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post

Stop focusing on breeds and refocus on the nutjobs.

Dog Ownership Test
yes and yes! Again!!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
that horrible comment, sounds like it has come from someone who might actually own a particular type of dog for the "hard" look. thugs of this world come in all shapes and sizes.

Mo
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Do you honestly believe that yorkies are inherently dangerous?

Stop focusing on breeds and refocus on the nutjobs.

Dog Ownership Test
I've seen this before and it has been around awhile. It was interesting reading some of the comments as well.

It could help I'm sure but I just see the loopholes that the honest person would not try to jump and another might. It would be costly for you all but it is well thought out and could really help so much.

I thought everyone will want to run a rescue that is trying to hide from the law but that is very well defined. Of course something like this would take years with more life lost but it's a great idea.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Make you feel big, would it? Odd.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
They have dog licences in the USA, Northern Ireland & lots of other countries which have the same problems as we do here.

Please explain how licensing a dog will stop it attacking someone-will the licence include all dogs having to be muzzled & fastened up all the time in secure kennels ??
I don't think any dogs will have to be muzzled or fastened up in secure kennels if there was a method of stopping this backyard breeding that is spoiling the breeds we love as the negative characteristics could be bred out by responsible breeding! If everyone who owns a dog had to produce a licence on request, for each dog they own, if the police/licenced authority were able to perform spot checks on any house to check to see if there is a dog in residence, it might make a difference and put people off this breeding for profit!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:45 PM
You know I'm actually quite saddened to read a few of the coments on this thread

We don't know as yet, why the dog did what it did,we may never know but the comments to kill it with a knife etc are offensive,disgusting and totally out of order in my opinion.

It seems as though it was human error at fault,yet we want to take our revenge on an animal that felt the need to attack for whatever reason,when it was us,Man,that have possibly created the problem in the first place.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I don't think any dogs will have to be muzzled or fastened up in secure kennels if there was a method of stopping this backyard breeding that is spoiling the breeds we love as the negative characteristics could be bred out by responsible breeding! If everyone who owns a dog had to produce a licence on request, for each dog they own, if the police/licenced authority were able to perform spot checks on any house to check to see if there is a dog in residence, it might make a difference and put people off this breeding for profit!
We have a yearly dog license and the money taken in is used for different reasons. Sometimes to stop animal abuse and other important reasons pertinent at the time. It's a wonderful way to raise money and was the only way to help with a lost dog until micro chipping.
Page 29 of 53 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 > Last »