Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Jessica, someone called into question my integrity , they chose to do so in this thread and so I am responding in this thread . You can't just agree to disagree having questioned someone integrity .

The person in question could have bowed out after Admins first posts or taken the matter to PM then but they chose not to do so.

If you wish to appoint yourself spokesperson for someone who has decided they won't post in this thread anymore that is your choice, but please don't try and tell people when they are or are not allowed to comment on points raised in this thread .

Also please note, you are the one perpetuating this discussion, if you do not wish me to continue commenting don't respond.

Now who's saying who can and cant post!!

With all due respect, several of your posts were certainly calling into question CC's integrity.. Accusing her of making threats to people (which i did not read it as at all, to me she was saying the person would not behave in person as they do whilst hiding behind a computer) and lying about people PMing her. So i dont think its fair to say she was wrong and you are right 6 of one, half a dozen of the other springs to mind!

And theres no point having a dig at me as i wont rise to it im afraid. I have not appointed myself "spokesperson" for anyone as you can clearly see from my posts i am giving MY opinion. And MY opinion is that you were acting in a way which did not reflect the position you hold on this forum. As a moderator, you are a representative of the forum and i believe moderators should conduct themselves in a professional manner. I know the forums i moderate on, i would certainly not get involved in petty arguments And i also would not focus on one member and hound them and harrass them in an attempt to prove they are wrong and i am right. Just as Azz said to CC if she has a problem with you it should be taken to PM/feedback, i believe the same should apply to you if you have a problem with an individual on the forum. It is incredibly unprofessional to nit pick at an individual like that...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I will also like to add some of us have been here a long time and worked hard to build up this site. We have done many things to help people like staying all night to give support to people in times of trouble like the instance where a bitch had eclampsia and we were trying to save the puppies, or the lady in the USA with a seriously injured dog stuck in deep snow unable to reach a vet.

We really don't need people who have been on the site a couple of months going on about site bullies, cliques etc and spreading discontent with their negative comment .This reflects very badly on the many lovely people who contribute so much to this site and who far outweigh the odd harsh comment.

I hear a lot about cliques from a few people, usually those who are in one. Like most people here I have never belonged to one and agree or disagree with a person as a topic dictates. Having the same opinion as someone does not make you part of a clique. I agree and disagree with people on a daily basis and I am sure most people here do too and like me they are here as individuals to help as and when needed and to enjoy the company of other dog owners .

I have looked at a number of sites over the years and have never found one quite like this one, I doubt I ever will .
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Have to agree Mini with you there.

When Reah was in the vets 5 days after having an obstruction and peritonitis, I was overwhelmed with the posts of support and the pm's i got with alsorts of offers of help, brought me to tears, never had I ever expected such a response from people i have never met.

Also when I posted about my ''breakdown'' relationshiop with my sons, I had pm;s from newish members that i have never spoken to, as well as the oldies on here.

I am not saying I always agree with things people post, sometimes I read things and shake my head in disagreement, but I can choose or choose not....to post a answer. Therefore I think that is the best way of staying involved or un-involved....freedom of choice.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Well, i havent noticed it to the degree i have in this thread, but as mini is a moderator i would ehave expected her to conduct herself in a way that represents the forum as fair, non-judgemental, adult and unbiased. I dont think those last posts were. That is my opinion, you are all welcome not to agree with it. Im sure others who read this thread can come to their own conclusions.

I have had heated discussions on this forum and remained friendly with those who were opposing my opinion. So thats not the issue. I think think that to hound one member even when they have agreed to let the issue lie is unfair. Yes, continue discuss the issues raised, thats fair enough but to quote that member AGAIN.. That to me is targetting one member and picking apart what they say to stir things up. Thats just how it comes across to me, and im sure others will think the same even if they do not feel comfortable posting their opinions as has been made obvious.
Ditto - this is what i have been saying but have had no reply to my posts - very convenient. BTW her integrity was questionsed after these quotes were posted - i replied by saying i thought it was unprofessional for a mod to post biased opinions re members, apart from the fact that theres obviously rules for her and rules for everyone else so it seems.

As far as i can see its become a personal vendetta against CC ! there was no need to quote those posts again - it was just to stir it up again. There are obviously issues and every effort has been made to discredit CC IMO
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I will also like to add some of us have been here a long time and worked hard to build up this site. We have done many things to help people like staying all night to give support to people in times of trouble like the instance where a bitch had eclampsia and we were trying to save the puppies, or the lady in the USA with a seriously injured dog stuck in deep snow unable to reach a vet.

We really don't need people who have been on the site a couple of months going on about site bullies, cliques etc and spreading discontent with their negative comment .This reflects very badly on the many lovely people who contribute so much to this site and who far outweigh the odd harsh comment.

I hear a lot about cliques from a few people, usually those who are in one. Like most people here I have never belonged to one and agree or disagree with a person as a topic dictates. Having the same opinion as someone does not make you part of a clique. I agree and disagree with people on a daily basis and I am sure most people here do too and like me they are here as individuals to help as and when needed and to enjoy the company of other dog owners .

I have looked at a number of sites over the years and have never found one quite like this one, I doubt I ever will .
So, what you're saying is... New members should not feel they have the right to raise any issues they have with the forum? Especially if it calls into question the behaviour of long standing members and bullying they have witnessed? Interesting....

I have been a member of this forum for 4 years. I have made some very good friends, i have had some unpleasant run ins, i have had amazing help and i hope over the years i have helped others. I have never considered myself part of any clique, i will happily chat to anyone on the forum and listen to their opinions, old or new members.

One thing i have always respected so much about how this forum is run is that it has allowed anyone to talk about whatever they want with no judgements, no matter how old or new a member they are. Sadly, it seems that is no longer the case, as highlighted in the quote above??

I didnt realise that new members were not allowed to raise problems with the forum.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You have made some excellent points here Mini, but not sure CC will ever see anyone else's point of view.

She keeps defending her right to be vicious with those who start on her...yet if anyone takes the time to read through thee CM thread , where her nastiness took it to another level... you will see her justification for her outbursts.. where not as a result of HER being picked on.

Yes someone called her naive... and that word alone set off a tirade of nastiness , we have not had on here for a very long time... and yes I do agree that someone coming back with "bovver ed" was silly and playing into the moment.

But no one has the right to call others "ugly" "Bitches" "hags" calling into question peoples relationships with their partners... telling members that their opinions are worthless because they dont post often

I think for those who have been round long enough will know that Minni is neither "Judgmental " "biased " or a "Bully"... in fact she does an excellent job of moderating.

It is NOT a condition of this board for Mods to refrain from posting an opinion... this board is individual in itself.. it has its own rules and abide well by them.

CC need to understand that different opinions to her are not bullies

You only have to look at the tirade she directed as Spot for her daring to quote something she said...

We all need to get away from these bullying accusations that is being thrown round this board... it is spreading divide , unjustly so in my opinion.

Yes there are many heated debates and yes you will often get members holding the same passionate opinion against another,,, but that is not bullying .

And what you will aslo find is that those same members may unite on an other topic.

That is what some need to understand , and not take a different opinion as a personal slur.

People will jump onto one side of the fence or another.. depending on their view points... sometimes you will have the fence unbalanced again depending on who answers it..

To then accuse the majority of bullying the minority is senseless, all it does is sets unrest .

We have a very unprejudiced board, with many different opinions, with most members knowing how to debate in an adult fashion.

Without resorting to abuse and the attitude if you mess with me... I will repay tenfold.

To what post does this quote refer to then if its not a threat ? this is your text is it not ?
Meg
Supervisor

20-04-2009, 03:43 PM
So, what you're saying is... New members should not feel they have the right to raise any issues they have with the forum? Especially if it calls into question the behaviour of long standing members? Interesting....

I have been a member of this forum for 4 years. I have made some very good friends, i have had some unpleasant run ins, i have had amazing help and i hope over the years i have helped others. I have never considered myself part of any clique, i will happily chat to anyone on the forum and listen to their opinions, old or new members.

One thing i have always respected so much about how this forum is run is that it has allowed anyone to talk about whatever they want with no judgements, no matter how old or new a member they are. Sadly, it seems that is no longer the case, as highlighted in the quote above??

I didnt realise that new members were not allowed to raise problems with the forum.
Jessica,as I have said in many posts in this thread and as my signature states..

- Please use the report post icon if you have a concern about a thread or post.
- Please use the feedback section if you want to leave feedback about the site or any Dogsey users.
- Please use the support forums for help with any other aspect of the site
- Thank you.

I hardly thought it needed repeating again!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Obviously the posting rules only apply to members then and not staff - how hyprocrytical ! Pity you didn't follow the above instructions .... bit late for that now isn't it. Interestingly i'm surprised this thread has not been locked - perhaps its rather entertaining....
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Jessica,as I have said in many posts in this thread and as my signature states..

- Please use the report post icon if you have a concern about a thread or post.
- Please use the feedback section if you want to leave feedback about the site or any Dogsey users.
- Please use the support forums for help with any other aspect of the site
- Thank you.

I hardly thought it needed repeating again!
I have tried reporting several of your posts and i just get an error message. I know other people are having the same problem. I dont know if thats just a bug in the forum. But as you said earlier, comments were made on THIS thread that you didnt like so you replied on THIS thread. Just going by the rules as you set out earlier mini

I find your last post very concerning Mini. I am truely shocked and saddened that you have that terrible opinion of new members. 5 years down the line they could have added as much to the forum as you and others have, but i guess they are not given the opportunity now I truely couldnt believe what i was reading in that last one... As i cant report it, i hope that Azz does read this as im not just expressing my own concerns, i know other members had the same reaction when they read that. What sort of welcome is that for any new members who may be reading this???? From a member is one thing, the moderators would give them a telling off!! But from a moderator....
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

20-04-2009, 03:59 PM
:
With all due respect, several of your posts were certainly calling into question CC's integrity.. Accusing her of making threats to people (which i did not read it as at all, to me she was saying the person would not behave in person as they do whilst hiding behind a computer)
Like I said, I hope one day I get to meet you in real life. Something tells me you wouldn't have quite so much to say without a pc in front of you
Jackbox, I would love to meet you in real life.
[

Well Jessica, whether you think these amounted to threats or not is immaterial

As the recipient of them I did, and was pleased to see someone else pick up on the connotations of the statement.

But as I said, I am sure it was a misunderstanding , and not meant to come across as they sound!!

Originally Posted by Minihaha I hear a lot about cliques from a few people, usually those who are in one. Like most people here I have never belonged to one and agree or disagree with a person as a topic dictates. Having the same opinion as someone does not make you part of a clique. I agree and disagree with people on a daily basis and I am sure most people here do too and like me they are here as individuals to help as and when needed and to enjoy the company of other dog owners .
Completely agree, but it seems they are OK for some but not for others ..

I for one dont belong to any... I follow a thread, and somtimes agree or disagree with a member, it will all depend on the content of the thread.

In saying that I have made some lifelong friends through the world of forums, and will be forever thankful
Page 29 of 32 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >