View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 05:44 PM
You have so many wonderful memories, Helena. The biggest of hugs is winging its way over to you xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 06:36 PM
So sorry to hear this hun but at least he's at peace and running free. Thinking of you xx
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 08:42 PM
im so so sorry Helena, i have to say my heart sank when i saw this thread, Georgie was such a special boy, hugs to you all x x
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Thinking of you Helena, nothing more I can say. RIP Georgie. x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I am so sorry, your boy was a real favourite of mine and he will be deeply missed.

Take care H xx

Run free Beautiful Boy xxx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm so sorry Helena I've not been on for a few days, so missed all of this. Run free Georgie, have fun at the bridge xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2012, 08:46 AM
There is a story about the elderly widow whose beloved dog died after many faithful years. Distraught, she went to her pastor.

"Parson," she said, tears streaming down her cheeks, "the vicar said animals have no souls. My dog has died. Does that mean I won’t see him again in heaven?"

"Madam," said the old priest, "G-d, in his great love and wisdom has created heaven to be a place of perfect happiness. I am sure that if you need your beloved dog to complete your happiness, you will find him there."
Run free beloved Georgieboy, run free. xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Helena I am so sorry you have had to say goodbye to Georgie .
I don't think 'non doggy' people understand how we feel when we lose a much loved friend, getting through each day is hard ...

Sleep well Georgie, you will be missed by all your friends...
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear this. He was lucky to have such a caring family x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks all, for all the lovely messages, not forgetting my sympathetic pm's, and all the long and thoughtful posts, I cannot believe he had such a huuuuge fan club in Dogsey, but then he was around for many happy years.

Feeling a lot better today, I haven't cried once (yet!), and I spoke to him again when we were up the top on our walk that he loved so much.

Zena is slowly coming round, except for the quiet times here at home, which I'm making sure there aren't many of. I took her out with me to the shops just now, because I know she is fine on her own home alone, so it doesn't have to be that I leave her every day, she can stay in the car, for 10 mins or so, it will do her good, and nobody in their right mind would try and steal her from the back!

I've had a fantastic offer of a walk with two other gsd's from a lovely lady on here who has now moved back to my neck of the woods, and it is going to be so fantastic for Zena to be able to run and play with her own kind on a walk, especially as they are two friendly males, I'm sure they will both fall in love with her and maybe we can make it a regular weekly thing.

I was hoping I might get my little box by now, but nothing yet. Maybe that's a good thing, it's a bit too early, because the realisation will really set in when we have that. I wonder if Zena will be "interested" in it???!! I hadn't thought of that, because normally, we've always buried our dogs, and even then I know they "know" because I would often see them lying on top of the grave. Oh dear, this is quite worrying now, should I let her have a sniff of it I wonder, or should I keep it well out of her way??!! Never been here before with a dog ya see, only the horse and dear old mum.

Dave is still quite sombre and sad, but he has to hold it all in all day at work, so maybe over the week-end, when we're out with Zena he can let some of it go, so I will take a pocketful of tissues, coz I want to talk about Georgie, I don't want to hide him away.

Oh I dooooooo miss the old fella, but at least the tears have dried up for the time being, thanks to you lot as always.xxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 28 of 31 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >