Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I think its already been confirmed that no one uses an epilator or wax's there dogs from people who own the breed,
Yep is has several times, I wouldnt dream of waxing my dogs! and being around the breed I have never once seen or heard of anyone that does such a thing...Jeez!
But of course people that only know of the breed through the internet know so much more!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I think its already been confirmed that no one uses an epilator or wax's there dogs from people who own the breed,
So how did you come to that conclusion? What everybody with that breed of dog has voted have they?

In reply to your question to me no I have never had a show dog because I personally don't agree with showing dogs and especially the pampering and preening to an inch of the dogs lives and the silly cuts some breeds are forced to have. That is MY opinion and I am allowed to have it - if other people want to show their dogs that is up to them I'm not stopping them am I? I have a right to my own opinion and as it is a fact that people are doing the waxing and epilating of dogs in the show world that to me shows the level of some peoples inaneness and cruelty! I am not saying that every dog shwer does it just that I wouldn't.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
So how did you come to that conclusion? What everybody with that breed of dog has voted have they?

In reply to your question to me no I have never had a show dog because I personally don't agree with showing dogs and especially the pampering and preening to an inch of the dogs lives and the silly cuts some breeds are forced to have. That is MY opinion and I am allowed to have it - if other people want to show their dogs that is up to them I'm not stopping them am I? I have a right to my own opinion and as it is a fact that people are doing the waxing and epilating of dogs in the show world that to me shows the level of some peoples inaneness and cruelty! I am not saying that every dog shwer does it just that I wouldn't.
I find that a bit strange considering your own dogs are half Standard Poodle!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 11:58 AM
no they have not, but I have no reason to doubt the word of people within the breed, also I do happen to see what goes on at dogs shows, unlike yourself who is basing there judgment on what they have heard
In reply to your question to me no I have never had a show dog because I personally don't agree with showing dogs and especially the pampering and preening to an inch of the dogs lives and the silly cuts some breeds are forced to have.
and there in lays your gripe with the world of showing I think is obvious you dont like show dogs, ps....my lot are not preened to an inch of there lives though im sure holly would enjoy the attention if she were to be.

That is MY opinion and I am allowed to have it - if other people want to show their dogs that is up to them I'm not stopping them am I? I have a right to my own opinion and as it is a fact that people are doing the waxing and epilating of dogs in the show world that to me shows the level of some peoples inaneness and cruelty! I am not saying that every dog shwer does it just that I wouldn't.
can you prove people are doing this? if so! come on give us the proof?
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I find that a bit strange considering your own dogs are half Standard Poodle!
What do you find strange about it? My dogs might be half poodles but that doesn't mean they have to be clipped like some Poodles are cut? Our dogs don't look anything like Poodles so I cannot see what you find so strange!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 12:08 PM
no they have not, but I have no reason to doubt the word of people within the breed, also I do happen to see what goes on at dogs shows, unlike yourself who is basing there judgment on what they have heard

and there in lays your gripe with the world of showing I think is obvious you dont like show dogs, ps....my lot are not preened to an inch of there lives though im sure holly would enjoy the attention if she were to be.

can you prove people are doing this? if so! come on give us the proof?
Firstly you said that you had established that epilating and waxing is not done and I asked you how did you come to that conclusion. I am going on the article written in Dogs Today as I previously put. As for you assuming I don't like show dogs you are wrong - what I don't like is the showing of dogs and the unnatural preening ie: waxing/epilating/shaving/cutting off their whiskers, which is done purely for the show ring not for the good of the dog. I did say that not all show dog owners do that if you read what I put and just because our dogs are half SP's does not mean I should agree with showing dogs either..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Firstly you said that you had established that epilating and waxing is not done and I asked you how did you come to that conclusion. I am going on the article written in Dogs Today
is there a link to that article? I may have missed it.
as I previously put. As for you assuming I don't like show dogs you are wrong - what I don't like is the showing of dogs and the unnatural preening ie: waxing/epilating/shaving/cutting off their whiskers, which is done purely for the show ring not for the good of the dog. I did say that not all show dog owners do that if you read what I put and just because our dogs are half SP's does not mean I should agree with showing dogs either..
do you groom your dogs? do they enjoy it?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm not entirely sure what preened to within an inch of their lives means???? Has grooming become dangerous all of a sudden?

It takes two hours to groom Dandy from start to finish. He has a bath, blast and dry and will stand on the table whilst I brush his coat and trim his dew claws. This needs doing every six to eight weeks. The only other grooming he gets is a five minute brush once or twice a week. My friend shows Tibetan Terriers and once a day they get a five minute brush through, then a bath and brush every few weeks for shows. Do people not wash and brush their hair regularly? I know I do and it's a part of my life and keeps me feeling comfortable - same as it does for my dogs.

As for pampering - my dogs love it, they love being brushed and fussed. It's quality one to one time that I spend with them.

They also love going to shows and meeting up with doggy friends. Rio loves showing, Dan prefers just hanging out on the benches and being fussed.

You have to remember that PDE showed the worst of the showing world. The minority. Dog's Today is nothing but a tabloid these days and I would take everything written in there with a huge dose of salt.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 12:13 PM
just found the link im off for a look just now.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 12:45 PM
is there a link to that article? I may have missed it.

do you groom your dogs? do they enjoy it?
As you will have seen I have repeatedly said back on this thread that of course my dogs get groomed - they do NOT however, have their whiskers removed nor are they waxed/epilated/shaved for aesthetics sake - dogs have whiskers for a sensory reason and you are IMO deliberately trying to say that I think grooming per se is wrong when I am no... or maybe as I put on another forum you are just argumentitive, narrowminded or just plain rude! If you actually READ what I put you wouldn't have to ask the same repeating questions and stop making yourselves look silly!
Closed Thread
Page 28 of 31 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >