Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
You're the ridiculous one (note spelling) - get your FACTS right before sounding off please See my previous post.
But what I do is blast the little ******* with my hose when they go up my hawthorn tree to ambush the birds!!
you mean the one about soaking the cat with a hose on full blast as its up the hawthorn tree to get the birds? or the one above?

or the one about your mother dunking a pet cat into a bucket of water?

PS; I am so glad that since you have dogs with a 'natural insinct' to kill cats that you happily allow them to chase cats in your garden and a cat that goes on killing sprees you can at least feel good about your spelling. That must be nice for you.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I would never ever ever ever be cruel to any animal - I do not consider squirting a cat with water cruel. I do not consider squirting any animal with water cruel actually. I have squirted Tai and Ben, and other dogs too, with the hose when they have been fighting. Water used in this way is THE safest and THE best way of, for instance, demonstrating to an animal who HATES water (cats) that the behaviour it is currently displaying is totally unacceptable.

I agree that water is not bleach. I never said it was. I was telling the story of what a neighbour of mine thought was okay to do.

However, in reference to what I quote above, there is a world of difference between a "squirt" of water, such as from a plant mister (and no, I don’t do that either) and a hosepipe on full blast or being dunked into a bucket of water, which you also seem to find acceptable.

You agree that cats hate water, and yet you consider that the above treatment is not cruel? Would you think I was being cruel to you if I forcefully covered YOU in something that you hate or dropped you into a vat of it?

I stand by my previous post: Some of the things you seem to think are fine to do to animals totally disgust me.

By the way, although I am a relatively new member to the forum, I have read a lot of old threads, so this is an observation based on a lot of your posts.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
At the bottom of the report it says:

"Lord Bonomy, who heard the appeal with Judge Brian Lockhart, said: "The information before the justice was that the same dog had previously been found in the street and that had been drawn to the appellant's attention."

"He said against that background and when faced with the circumstances of the event that gave rise to the charge he was entitled to consider a control order would not be adequate and to make an order for destruction."

If this reporting is correct, it sounds as if the owner was not taking steps to keep her dog within her boundares...... Wys
x
yep, thats what I thought Wys, we all know that accidents happen and dogs get out BUT if the dog has already been reported/had an order on it etc then youd think the only time it was out would be on a lead/harness to prevent escape etc?
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
no I think he probably just stopped thinking she was worthy of any presents/a share of his kill

I can't see the sense in this at all.

and WE/people 'slaughter' animals but thats ok
Usually we eat the animals though, even those killed for sport, while cats usually just kill for fun it seems. Admittedly dogs would do the same but just are not that proficient at hunting.
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
As for the last paragraph; I am thinking your not as clever as a cat then.
Pot and kettle?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by BangKaew View Post
Usually we eat the animals though, even those killed for sport, while cats usually just kill for fun it seems. Admittedly dogs would do the same but just are not that proficient at hunting.
....and because we eat them that mskes it alright? What about the trophy hunter, the latest must have snow leopard skin, the ivory trade, bears exploited for their bile, etc etc

Humo sapiens are hardly an example worthy of note..

- the famous quote by Mark Twain says it all - as noted below -

Quote -

"Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable.
Of the entire brood, he is the one who possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong, proves his moral inferiority to any creature that can not."
Mark Twain
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
....and because we eat them that mskes it alright? What about the trophy hunter, the latest must have snow leopard skin, the ivory trade, bears exploited for their bile, etc etc

Humo sapiens are hardly an example worthy of note..

- the famous quote by Mark Twain says it all - as noted below -

Quote -

"Of all the creatures, man is the most detestable.
Of the entire brood, he is the one who possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong, proves his moral inferiority to any creature that can not."
Mark Twain
I agree 100% with you.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't think turning a bog standard garden hose on a cat is going to cause lasting trauma/ damage - If you want to discourage them from coming into your garden I think it's fair enough. Not that I ever have - got no problem with the various visitors. I have given two cats a watering in my life. They were fighting. It worked.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 01:51 PM
What a lot of nonesense!! I think VB said it well and I dont need to comment further on this post.
Pot and kettle?
and how do you get to that conclusion? I presume because the post directed to you (by me) said that yours was utter BS? Because it was. I have had cats for years and mine didn't kill for fun only, they killed and they ate it. Unlike us humans who like to get picky and waste the head etc now since brain and so on is now out of fashion, my cats ate the lot (bar the gall bladder) and good for them too!! They were never spotted eating the young of the birds and mostly they went for other 'pests' and I am glad to say that while my neighbour had mice, we never had any! They were also happy to sunbathe with birds near them and leave them be since they weren't hungry.

I have to say we never seemed to have a declining population of birds either!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I agree 100% with you.
change of tune? before you said that we kill and eat it.....
Page 27 of 30 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 >