View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2010, 03:54 PM
it's a no from me, she actually kicks me if I am in the way - plus O/H will not stand for it. However, the dog came before the O/H and she did used to share my bed when she was a pup.
have to agree about the hair thing though, it is nice to have one room in the house without it.
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
it's a no from me, she actually kicks me if I am in the way - plus O/H will not stand for it. However, the dog came before the O/H and she did used to share my bed when she was a pup.
have to agree about the hair thing though, it is nice to have one room in the house without it.
And a big no from me as they get older its a very hard habbit to get them out of and not just that but it brings on behaviour problems in the dog.
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
And a big no from me as they get older its a very hard habbit to get them out of and not just that but it brings on behaviour problems in the dog.
Sleeping on the bed brings on behaviour problems in the dog?

How?

You're not going to say that by sleeping on the bed they see themselves as being equal to us and therfore we must put them (the dogs) in their place are you.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
Louie has slept on our bed from 12 weeks - it was my OH who let him sleep on the bed, then again we'd gone to the caravan for a holiday and the crate wouldn't fit in the bedroom and ever since 12 weeks old he has slept with the other dogs - Sadie especially, and she's my shadow

I think I moult more than Louie and Sadie though
Gee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2010, 11:29 PM
I did ry to keep him crated in the kitchen but after a week of no sleep I gave in and brought him up to our room.
Luckily its a large bedroom and I have his crate in there across the room from the bed but so he can see we are there with him- he is fine in the crate- in fact my friends that have seen it think its as comfy as our bed, as he has two matresses to sleep on and the crate has crate bumpers ( just like cot bumpers) and is covered so its like a cosy little den
I do let him on the bed in the morning, but as he doesnt moult its not a problem.
I also did let him sleep on the bed when he was traumatised after being attacked by a Greyhound over the park when he was just 6 months old, as his little body was so badly bruised and he just wanted to be close to me and kept heaving great big sighs
Mind you, My Old English used to sleep in the bedroom too, although thankfully, she didnt moult either and knew the floor was where she would sleep, not my bed.
Im just too soft i 'spose.
kirstymomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
Dogs on the bed - never in this house.

And if they're not on the bed, they're on the sofa

Awww! This is too cute especially the last photo! Your dogs are gorgeous! Looks pretty like my house, my dogs do love to get up on the couch and if you are in the bedroom they are desperate to get up on the bed
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
Sleeping on the bed brings on behaviour problems in the dog?

How?

You're not going to say that by sleeping on the bed they see themselves as being equal to us and therfore we must put them (the dogs) in their place are you.
Lol that made me giggle........... 'scuse me got to go now, Jake is getting a little overheated on the electric blanket and Ailsa is lying on the pillow.
PixelBark
New Member!
Female 

17-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Pixel sleeps in his crate at night which is opposite the bed so he can see us in bed. However, I'm not sure if it is a bad habit forming, but, he won't settle in his crate if we pop him in there straight at bedtime. Instead, he has to 'settle' in our bed until he's asleep, and then we'll move him into his crate where we don't tend to hear a peep out of him until morning. In the mornings, if we're having a lie in, he'll curl up in bed with us too.

It's not like he doesn't like his crate, he'll happily sleep in there/eat in there/play in there during the day - and he's really reluctant to come out of his crate first thing in the morning but he refuses to settle down there at night. Perhaps because we've pampered him this way since he arrived- I'm not sure! It doesn't really matter, as I quite like doing a spot of browsing the internet or reading before bed, but it is quite strange.

I used to sleep with a large lurcher: he'd take up the ENTIRE bed and would try to kick me out at every opportunity.

I'm not quite sure how it's unhygienic, at the end of the day we share our homes, most of us let their dogs lick us and they waltz around the house. Surely the only unhygienic thing about it is dog hair in the bed? I'm not sure if it's because we've only ever had hairy dogs before, but no amount of hovering will get rid of the odd hair around the house.

I have to say, I love having a furry hot water bottle on a Saturday morning whilst I debate when to move out from underneath the warm covers!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Michael M fab photos your dogs are lovely!
Ours didn't sleep upstairs for years but a few months ago we started letting them up again...and Tango's spending issues in the house stopped immediately (she's a rescue and was always kennelled). They sleep on their beds on the floor...Tango has 2 beds, one in our room and one in my sons) but if Cosmo has decided it is time for me to get up (same time everyday like a big, clumsy alarm clock) he gets up on the bed to wake me with a big kiss He then curls up next to me until I am ready to get up or he gets too hot. Of course this isn't too comfy for OH as Cosmos tail is wagging all the time! Occassionally Tango will also get up to alert me to the time, but not often, she tends to like her sleep...
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 09:57 AM
It's a No here too - ours are not allowed upstairs, works for us
Loved the pics
Page 27 of 45 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 > Last »