Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
To be honest we class pedigrees purebreeds and purebreeds pedigrees, to us it's the same thing but understand how some others see it.
As for how do we know which dogs have come from reputable breeders, and which are from BYBs; we can only find this out if we have either the kc papers or the pedigree papers, we then compare the breeders details to a database of breeders recommended by the breed clubs, it's highly possible that we get more dogs originating from reputable breeders as many come in without their papers.
So how many actually come in with their papers?
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Thus far, i have had 7 seven rep/praise messages for my posts, so fortunately, not everyone is so cynical.
sorry to put a dampner on this but I would have thought you would have had more as the majority of people on here are pro breeding.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Too many To do the calculations for our rescue this would take time, it would mean going though all our adoption archives. However if people on here think that it's uncommon for dogs to come in with papers never mind those that have come from reputable breeders, by all means I will do this (well for this year at least) when i get some free time it may take a few day, I'm a very busy woman although you would think it considering the amount of time I've spent on here in the last week, but if it educates even just one person it's worth it.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
And seeing the kids of the owners is a good indicator!!!
I agree, especially how much time you can expect them to dedicate to training
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-06-2007, 08:04 PM
sorry to put a dampner on this but I would have thought you would have had more as the majority of people on here are pro breeding.
Yeh, you are right, i have

Although i have suddenly worried if this is bad form to mention in the first place

But they are for the manner in which i have expressed myself even though I am a rescue person whom actually agrees with your general arguement...but then some of the reputable breeders on this thread have done too.

However, Patch said she was gonna rep me too, but we just cannot rep each other at the mo.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
hello Anne, thank you for that.

you are right..we asked each other what rescue we were associated with on another thread.

sorry
No problem, you just got me worried for a minute
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-06-2007, 08:08 PM
At FOAL, the less common pedigrees came in with papers. But the common purebreeds that you often see in rescue, those being Staffie/GSD/BC/Grey/Lab/Rottie/Boxer/Yorkies, mostly did not.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 09:27 PM
So do you think it's necessary for rescues to carryout home checks?
just caught up with this thread ann yes i do , whenever possible and i think they should vet the new owners also .
I try to do home checks when visible when i rehome my pups , i also have lenghty meetings with perspective new owners and have also turned away perspective new owners that i personally have not found suitable , just like any reputable breeder would .
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Two of my crew were handed in with papers. Definately not from reputable breeders in their cases, [ details known by their rescue ].
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Please dont forget that when people give reppies out, they cant give them to the same person in close succession so its perfectly possible that many people may have tried but could`nt [ I could`nt myself ] if they`ve given Kruse reppies for another post but have`nt spread enough elsewhere to do so again yet :smt001
Page 26 of 33 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 > Last »