Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
I hate to break it to you kid, but the Land Rover has 198 problems per every 100 vehicles and is near last in dependability https://www.cars.com/articles/jd-pow...1420683880113/ So you are bragging about an Indian owned model NOT A UK COMPANY that basically is a hunk of junk
Please do not call me kid -

I am 62 years old and deserve some respect.

I am not bragging about an Indian vehicle - I am bragging about a product that outsold all other SUV's of its type in the USA in 2015. A product that is built in Britain, by British people. The fact that Tata owns Jaguar Land Rover just goes to show how astute the indians are at recognising a good product and a good business opportunity.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 10:55 PM
I hate to break it to you kid, but the Land Rover has 198 problems per every 100 vehicles and is near last in dependability https://www.cars.com/articles/jd-pow...1420683880113/ So you are bragging about an Indian owned model NOT A UK COMPANY that basically is a hunk of junk
Fords have over 200 - so do Dodge. So what?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Dude the Land Rover is not even on the list of most sold SUV's in the USA. Check your source kid. http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2016/02...les-stats.html

PS I live here, you don't because my great great great grandfather kicked you to the curb
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2016, 10:56 PM
You are bragging about an undependable hunk of junk. Sheesh a Honda is more reliable than a Land Rover, and 25 percent of the cost. Look it up
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Dude the Land Rover is not even on the list of most sold SUV's in the USA. Check your source kid. http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2016/02...les-stats.html

PS I live here, you don't because my great great great grandfather kicked you to the curb
I repeat - Land Rovers were the number one seller of off road vehicles in the States in the USA. So unless Americans are stupid, I think I can safely say that certainly in 2015 your countrymen and women thought very highly of Discoveries and Range Rovers.

Please do not call me Dude - my name is Gnasher. I know we share the same language, but sadly Americans do have an awful habit of corrupting our beautiful language - please explain to me what "kicked us to the curb" means?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 11:14 PM
What is your currency worth today? Come to think of it what is your currency..................

The European Union will break the USA economically.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa

Try again
OK - a national debt of over 19 trillion dollars? Your country's, not mine.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I repeat - Land Rovers were the number one seller of off road vehicles in the States in the USA. So unless Americans are stupid, I think I can safely say that certainly in 2015 your countrymen and women thought very highly of Discoveries and Range Rovers.

Please do not call me Dude - my name is Gnasher. I know we share the same language, but sadly Americans do have an awful habit of corrupting our beautiful language - please explain to me what "kicked us to the curb" means?
Ok, I will call you the Kid Dude, anyway

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto...and_rover.html

Wow, lot of issues with these Land Rovers. Apparently, I am not the only one. I have a 2015 Land Rover. Problems weren't apparent when I test drove it, but they sure developed quickly after buying it. My issues are mostly nuisance electronic issues that the dealer has not been able to resolve... or isn't willing to resolve. The parking brake sets at stop lights and fails to release. The transmission often is confused on which gear it needs to be in resulting in over revving of the motor and heavy clunking as it engages. Radio reception cuts out on local stations that never happened on my other cars. Intermittent wipers fail to operate intermittently. The seat will inadvertently adjust fully down and back instead of to the default Memory 1 position. Sometimes it will randomly adjust while drive.

One thing I busted them on early was odometer mileage. It logged 250 miles for a highway trip that MapQuest indicated 180 miles. Perhaps they wanted the warranty to run out as quick as possible. I noted this and reported it to the deal. They said nothing was wrong, but after it was in the shop, it recorded the mileage correctly on the next trip. Strange. Perhaps they are repairing more than they want to let on. The local dealer is now in denial. They tell me they "cannot replicate the problem". As the owner, we should have the most credibility with our cars. We drive them everyday, but Land Rover doesn't see it like that. These Land Rovers have electronic bugs and programming issues and it appears Land Rover is hiding from them

Since 2014 my Land Rover not only has caused me serious bodily injury, has been in service more than 10 x to present. 3 or more for the same issue. I have made multiple cases to corporate and several lemon law suits. I am at wits end. My kids and I are so scared to drive in the car because it continues to break down. They have done 10 or more updates, put in a new transmission, starter and the list goes on. It lunges forward, pops out of gear, shakes, vibrates, etc. The car is a safety hazard. The dealership agrees with me that the car has major problems and has not worked right since the beginning. All I want is to get my money back and give the car back. Corporate has not worked with me in any way.

Land Rover Discovery Sport. Where do I start? I'll start by saying that that this is a comparatively inexpensive vehicle built by a luxury car company (mine was $50k compared to $80K) and the TATA company just can't do it. The 4 cylinder turbo is zippy once it gets going and the car is fun to drive, holding like glue in the inclement weather. But that's where the joy stops. The car has experienced problems since 150 miles on the clock. At the time of this writing I've owned the car for 6 months (4500 miles) and it's been in for repair, literally more than 3 of those months, 12+ weeks. I'm going on my 9th straight week in the shop it right now. Multiple check engine lights (that was the first), transmission electronically leaving the gear (unable to duplicate), seat quality/fit problems, screen and radio malfunctions (reported software updates) brake wear warning, more rattles than my 1997 British convertible sports car coming from everywhere.

This car even has a rattle mod that requires disassembly of the interior down to the sheet metal, cutting and re-welding body panels. My out the door price for the car was $52,500 in November. The dealer has offered my $45,000 in mid May and to get away from the total aggravation, I'm taking the $7500 hit and NEVER going back to Jaguar/Land Rover again. A $1250 loss for every month I've owned it and a $2500 per month cost for the time I was able to operate it, and I'm happy to get away. Had I looked into the internet user groups, I would have seen all the problems owners are having worldwide. Do your research before jumping into this. The badge means nothing. This is not the Land Rover of the Queen.

Seriously, can you find a worse car on the market?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 11:25 PM
We can spar back and forth with this stat and that stat. The fact remains is that in 2015 Land Rovers were the most popular off road vehicles in terms of numbers bought in the USA. I myself own one and it is an absolutely amazing vehicle. It was not cheap but worth every penny.

Her Majesty has Range Rovers, made by Land Rover, not Discoveries, as do other members of our Royal Family.

I am not a baby goat, so please do not refer to me as one. And I most certainly am not a dude. My name is Gnasher - or if you prefer, Nikki.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
We can spar back and forth with this stat and that stat. The fact remains is that in 2015 Land Rovers were the most popular off road vehicles in terms of numbers bought in the USA. I myself own one and it is an absolutely amazing vehicle. It was not cheap but worth every penny.

Her Majesty has Range Rovers, made by Land Rover, not Discoveries, as do other members of our Royal Family.

I am not a baby goat, so please do not refer to me as one. And I most certainly am not a dude. My name is Gnasher - or if you prefer, Nikki.
No Son, we can not spare the truth, that this is a terrible vehicle that it's owners hate.

I own a 2016 Range Rover Evoque. Three days after I drove it off the lot, the engine light came on. A call to their service center resulted in being told to drive it for a week and see if it "resets itself". Well, a week later and it didn't so I called back. Within the time frame of the engine light and the servicing, the trunk wouldn't close properly one day (kept bouncing back up) and upon closer look, I notice the latch was chewed up from it forcing itself closed. The Evoque went in for servicing and came out with no engine light and the dealership telling me it had to go into a body shop for 2 days to fix the trunk latches, which apparently aren't aligned properly (translation: they lack a proper QA process on their assembly line). A few hours after I got the car back, the engine light came back on. I called the dealership back and was told that the issue is part of a problem that Land Rover hasn't sent a fix for. Great.

So since buying the car, I've had the engine light on and the trunk doesn't close properly. It was scheduled to go in for servicing at the body shop today or tomorrow but the service folks won't tell me what day. I STILL cannot get in touch with them - leaving multiple messages results in nothing. No call back. Nothing. So I have no idea what is going on. And as if all of this wasn't enough, last week we had rain. Yes. Rain. But apparently a Range Rover doesn't like rain. At 2:00 in the morning, I was awoken by the car beeping twice every 10 seconds. I actually thought the alarm was going off, but unlocking and locking the vehicle didn't stop it. When I walked up to the car, the beeping stopped, but the trunk started to open and close, repeatedly, in the pouring rain. I had NO idea what was happening. A quick google search told me it was the sensors for the trunk, and that RAIN does this. Imagine that - RAIN.

So I decided to back the car up as close to my porch to try to protect it from the rain, but this didn't stop it. Horn going back off. It's now 2:45 AM. I have an 8 AM meeting. My neighbors are telling me they're going to take a "** baseball bat" to the car if I don't shut it up. So when I approach it (within a meter) the trunk starts to open again, but because it's so close to the house, it can't open all the way and then it BEEPS to tell me it can't and then closes. This is no joke. I can't even get off the porch to get into the car to stop it because the stupid trunk opening won't let me. I had to climb OVER the side of the porch and garbage cans to get off the porch (in the pouring rain in the middle of the night in my pajamas) to get into the car. Starting it stopped nothing. So I tried to tape garbage bags over the sensors to protect them - nope. Didn't work.

At 3:00 in the morning, I had to drive my brand new 2016 Range Rover Evoque 20 minutes north of my house to an industrial area with no houses so it could beep to its heart's content. I was soaking wet, frozen and exhausted, and I sat in the car until 6:10 AM when the rain decided to ease up enough that the car would shut up. Then I drove back home, showered and went to work. Do you know what the dealership's response was? "Remove the fuse for the horn". THIS is what they tell me to do. I drove my Mazda 3 for 7 years and didn't have a single problem with it.

I've owned this Evoque for 2 1/2 months and it's been a nightmare. I expect the issue to be FIXED, or give me another damn Evoque sans issues. But don't tell me to drive with an engine light on and remove the fuse for my horn to solve problems. These should NOT be my problems to solve. It's BRAND NEW. So no - do not buy a vehicle because they have issues and the servicing and customer service is absolutely dreadful.

Feb 8th, I test drove a 2016 Range Rover Evoque with an initial salesman, liked the car and planned to come back with a family member to purchase the car & finalize the deal with a second salesman. Returned that evening and test drove a few 2016 Range Rover Evoque car and decided to purchase one of those cars. That evening I mentioned to the second salesman that the LED strip in the headlight was out & he assured me that he would have it fixed by the time I took delivery in the afternoon of the next day.

On Feb 9th, when I arrived the LED light was NOT fixed, the second salesman seemed surprised by this but said he must have forgotten to have it. There was a scramble to get it fixed as there were no spare parts. In the meantime, my initial salesman showed up and apologized for the mistake & jokingly said, "We should find out what caused that but no one came back to me with a cause & they took the lamp from another car on the lot." I waited over an hour for this after being told the car would be ready by 3 pm which it would have been had the light been working properly. NO paperwork on the repair was provided at this time as it should have been. I am unsure if the light was fixed and then fixed again, but looking back on the second salesman surprised reaction to the LED being out, I feel it must have been fixed twice.

Within the first month, the LED light went out again plus there were other strange issues going on with the car that included: random honking from the horn, random warning light indicators about the car being in 2WD (even though I had not changed any settings I have pictures of the warnings on my phone), automatic windscreen wipers would come on randomly in no rain/moisture conditions and then not work when it was raining, the back boot gate randomly would open without pushing any buttons and key fob securely placed in my purse while car was in drive and to top it all off, the windscreen glare is so bad at night that it is nearly impossible to see the edge of the road at times.

I spoke with the second salesman on Tuesday, March 15th in the evening and let him know all that was going on. He said service was closed, but that he would email them and that someone would call me in the morning. No one ever called from service so I did not plan to bring my car into Patrick Land Rover for the repairs as already I had a feeling the service was not great as they had fixed the original problem and no one was anxious about getting back to me. Regarding the windshield glare issue, Lucas told me, "Yeah, that's just how they are" even though I told him it's dangerous to not be able to see the edge of the road at night. He did not seem to care about any of the complaints or take anything very seriously.

On Saturday morning March 26th I finally took the car to the Hinsdale Land Rover near my home. The original diagnosis on the afternoon of March 26th was that a central box or brain box was required to be completely replaced as it was bad and that would be the cause for all of the strange things going on with the car and I would have my car back no later than Tuesday, March 29th after work. On the evening of Monday, March 28th I called the first salesman at the Naperville Land Rover to let him know the entire history above. He seemed genuinely concerned and said that he would get with the dealer representative and get back to me within a 3-4 days.

Yesterday, Wednesday, March 30th the service rep at Hinsdale Land Rover calls in the afternoon and advises that there is something much more wrong with my car that replacing the central box did not fix the issues, but that there is some more serious electrical wiring issues that the service men have been on the phone with Land Rover all day and cannot resolve yet, so they will need the rest of the week to attempt to fix. On the evening of Wednesday, March 30th I called the first salesman in Naperville Land Rover to discuss the status of my repair and the issues that have now been brought to light. I was told he was with a customer & to leave a message, which I did but I did not hear back from him.

Needless to say, I am infuriated at spending such a huge amount of money for a car that was defective before I ever even purchased the car. Since I have researched electrical issues with Range Rovers, and Range Rover Evoque specifically and most complaints (there are HUNDREDS of them) typically have complaints initiating with the lamps and/or LED strips not working. I feel that I was misled into buying a car that was already defective and that all of this cannot be a surprise to anyone if it's so easily found all over the internet in droves.

This car is most obviously a lemon and already on its presumably FOURTH attempt at resolving the issue to no avail. It would be one thing if the car broke after I rolled off the lot, but this car was already defective before I even took it and your sales & technical team should have already known that & may have since I am sure they ran a computer on it when the lamp issue first presented itself. I have owned many cars in my life and have never had such issues ever & could not be more disappointed in the vehicle and the customer service received.

3/31/16: spoke with first salesman on the issue, he has compassion. I told him that I want the car returned and all my money back but he mentioned that he cannot make any decisions about & will communicate with the general manager of the Naperville dealership who at the time was in Las Vegas at a car convention. He said he would relay the message to both the head of service and the showroom manager and that they would be the ones to get back to me.

3/31/16 (after call with first salesman): spoke with head of Naperville service department. Explained all items in the email & she mentioned that the first salesman has spoken with her and she will reach out to the Land Rover Service Leader. She is investigating and getting back to me. 3/31/16 3:52 pm Head of Service at Land Rover Naperville service department called and advised that she spoke with the District Manager and he is aware of my situation and following now.

4/1/16 (afternoon on work phone) first salesman from Land Rover Hinsdale called. Said that he felt the car was fixed with all the rewiring that was done & brain box replaced. He felt confident that all was fixed, but wanted to keep the car for the weekend just to be sure all was ok. He said he would call on Monday to advise if pick up was ok.

4/4/16 3:10 pm service rep from Land Rover Hinsdale called. Said he needed to be honest with me, car is still not fixed. They sent it out to the body shop (I was unaware that the car was going to the body shop) to have the back gate realigned as it was catching and the plastic was wearing at the latch area. LED light was fixed when they took it to the body shop & then when it arrived it was out. The driver called the service rep who wanted to confirm when the car was brought back to the garage. Indeed the LED light was out again. When the brain box was tested again, the amps were incorrect and the box requires replacement once again. The service rep expressed his frustration with not being able to fix the car. The promised call from the Land Rover Manager in Naperville did not happen. Not one word from Naperville dealership since 3/31/16.

4/6/16 (afternoon while in NYC) service rep from Land Rover Hinsdale called and let me know that the problem has been determined finally by the regional Land Rover service manager who they were working with. Apparently there is an issue that has occurred in other Range Rovers where the wiring was pulled too tight during installation that breaks the interior integrity of the wiring but does not show on the outside of the wiring. He believes if all the wiring in question is completely replaced that they will have a successful conclusion & he is hopeful. He wants to test the car and be sure that the LED headlamp lights are still working but feels confident after further discussions with the regional service manager.

4/7/16 late afternoon/early evening. Had phone conversation with the showroom manager from Land Rover Naperville about my issue. He stated that humans made the car and humans make mistakes, which really did not help the situation or build any confidence in the Land Rover brand. I told him that I wanted to cancel all of the additional charges from warranty and coatings, etc. & he stated that Land Rover would have to cover the cost of the coatings & they could only cancel the additional warranty items and that he would have the business manager email me that same day (which never happened). He explained that all liability and determination on damages would be made by Land Rover and that they are "simply a franchisee" and have no liability or responsibility in the matter.

4/8/16 Car is ready for pick up & picked up in the evening. LED headlamp appears to be working. Hinsdale showroom manager walks me out to my car and we realize that the seats are dirty and the side of the passenger seat in the front is solid black with dirt. He is disappointed but offers for me to bring the car back for a detail to get the car back to looking new. Liftgate appears to be in working order. I did not check the windshield wipers but was told they were fixed earlier.

4/9/16 late morning go to Naperville Land Rover Showroom as I have not heard back from the business manager as the general manager had promised, so I am forced to go in person to get all extended warranty items cancelled as I do not plan to keep the car, having lost all faith in the safety, reliability and brand of Land Rover and will not be keeping car, no matter the determination of Land Rover or the Illinois States Attorneys office in regard to the Illinois Lemon Law that it appears the car qualifies for on more than one defining item listed on the Illinois Lemon Law requirements.

4/13/16 morning on the way to work I noticed the driver side LED strip on the headlamp is not working while in (2) tunnels and automatic windshield wiper controls are still not working properly. Later that day the back gate does not close properly & realize that it is once again not aligned and showing evidence of scratching near the clip mechanism so schedule another time to bring the car into Hinsdale. Car is subsequently brought back to the shop on Saturday, April 16th as it is difficult to get in during the week now that I am living in the city.

4/16/16 service rep from Hinsdale Service Department calls to let me know that they are embarrassed to say that the entire time the wiper blade issue was a setting issue that must have reset to a non-standard default system one of the times they reset the car brain box. But that it is finally in working order as per the automatic settings. The LED strip light they believe was out only because the turn signal was on even though I only had the turn signal on at the first instance in the tunnel, not the second, so I plan to keep an eye on this issue. The car has to go back to the body shop on Monday for the back gate misalignment and detailing on Tuesday, so car should be ready early next week for pick up.

4/17/16 service rep from Hinsdale Service Department calls to assure me that everything will be fixed and the car ready to pick up on Tuesday & he apologizes for the mishaps. 4/19/16 pick up car. All appears to finally be working properly after several attempts at the wiring/lighting issue and two attempts at the back gate issue.

4/25/16 had call with Consumer Affairs Specialist from Land Rover on my case. He said that he has had lengthy communications with the Naperville location, but that no one at Hinsdale would return his calls and he was unable to get ahold of anyone there in Hinsdale, so he would reach out to them again. I mentioned to him that I had a very good and very responsive experience with the Hinsdale team and that they have gone above and beyond to improve a very bad situation where I did not receive any communications and or good service from the Naperville location. That in fact they have worsened the situation by their non-commutative style of customer service and bad excuses they have made for selling me a car that was already broken before I even signed the documents and/or took delivery for the car. He said he would get back to me within a day or two.

4/27/16 Jonathan ** with a letter from Land Rover stating that they do not feel that the car qualifies for a buyback, but that they will offer only $3,000 in compensation for the inconvenience. This offer is good for only (10) days. I respond that this is not acceptable and I will pursue with the Illinois States Attorneys Office as directed by my lawyer friends.

All in all - this has been simply the WORST service from both Jaguar Land Rover of Naperville (also known as Patrick Land Rover) and Land Rover USA. The only promising moments were with Hinsdale Land Rover as they actually cared and showed some compassion in a bad situation. They kept their promises and an open line of communication.

The rest of the experience has really turned me off of Land Rover, Range Rover, Evoques and the Patrick dealerships of the Chicagoland area. My word of advice for anyone looking at Range Rovers - do your homework and investigate all the hundreds of complaints. They all have some common themes - bad electronics and horrible service and follow through when things go wrong! Not worth the money you pay to own a Range Rover.

We have laws in America that cover pieces of shit like this, too bad for you in the UK with your Sharia laws that only cut the noses off of women.

Great country there
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Sheesh your ignorance knows no bounds!! You seriously need to go back to school before attempting to tell someone who has lived in this country for 62 years about what is law here!

And this country is great ... the clue is in the title.

Goodnight.
Page 26 of 57 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 > Last »