Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I must say I find that pretty extraordinary - how do horses survive in the wild? Or maybe it's the extra load that's causing the problems?

If it really is that hazardous to the health of a horse, then I would hope people reflect on whether they should be putting horses to such risk for their own pleasure after all. If they really love horses, that is.
Well, there aren't a huge amount of wild horses in the UK. But also, wild horses probably wouldn't be on a beach, or galloping through a cross country course....

So, on that note, maybe we shouldn't have domesticated the horse after all, and put it through all that stress and pressure. But if we didn't do that, then we would have hardly any horses at all... as we wouldn't keep them for pet/companionship....
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
so its not true that most are sold for meat or destroyed? Seems thats the opinions, as there are so many and few homes wanting?
I'd quite like a horse, but have no land, and can't afford ££££'s to buy a horse and land and stable space (and tack, and food, and insurance, and vetinary care). I couldn't even afford the cost to put a horse in livery...

So the options are fairly limited, for the majority of people who might want a horse....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I'd quite like a horse, but have no land, and can't afford ££££'s to buy a horse and land and stable space (and tack, and food, and insurance, and vetinary care). I couldn't even afford the cost to put a horse in livery...

So the options are fairly limited, for the majority of people who might want a horse....
I would love a horse to but cant for the same reasons as you - but thats not the point - the point is it seems not many horses bred make it to the races, and them that dont are destroyed because of few homes wanting..So on top of the youngsters that dont make it to the races every year, there are also around 5000 who leave the sport for various reasons...
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2011, 09:12 PM

And Araldite would fix a broken leg too.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:18 PM
i hate he grand national them poor horses.
we have 2 nf ponies one oldie the other rising 5 much harduer than horses so dont cost as much either, again alot being bred those that dnt sell off to the meat man
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
It certainly counts for a lot in my opinion! But Im sure you dont really care what a greyhound lover's opinion is anyway
Obviously I am not a dog lover then am I.

Yawn.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

09-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Obviously I am not a dog lover then am I.

Yawn.
No IMO you are not ! simples really !

EDIT in fact you are far worse than NOT a dog lover you are IMO a supporter of animal cruetly. You support an INDUSTRY that uses animals as objects of entertainment at best and as money making machines at worst. fair enough thats your bag but I certainly do not believe any animal lover condonse what is done to greyhounds - you do and and that your right fair enough.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:26 PM
So because someone has been to dog racing before, they aren't a dog lover.....
spot
Dogsey Veteran

09-04-2011, 09:36 PM
So because someone has been to dog racing before, they aren't a dog lover.....
Before what? A supporter of greyhound racing is a supporter of everything that goes on in that sport - how can you support something or love something if you dont agree with it? Confused or what?

Sorry Hevvur/Iso how many greys have you got?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:49 PM

EDIT in fact you are far worse than NOT a dog lover you are IMO a supporter of animal cruetly. You support an INDUSTRY that uses animals as objects of entertainment at best and as money making machines at worst. fair enough thats your bag but I certainly do not believe any animal lover condonse what is done to greyhounds - you do and and that your right fair enough.
Nope, i'm obviously not a dog/animal lover.
I certainly do support animal cruelty, infact, I inflict it every day
Page 26 of 52 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 > Last »