View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Having read a bit more have come on to say I knew the peke who won at Crufts & he is one of the fittest pekes I know, went for walks every day & was allowed to run & play & get dirty. He was sitting on ice because the best in show ring at Crufts was already far hotter than he is used to but apparently the heat of the cameras after the award was far worse, & his owner would not let him be filmed without some way of cooling him down.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Look who sponsors dogs shows in Japan!!
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~oz-jp/bruce_wd_okayamafci.jpg
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Can I ask BD, Jackbox and Morganstar please.

Is everything perfect in the world of showing? If not what is not perfect?I wouldn't be defending HTM or agility and saying it was all perfect---there is IMO quite a lot than one could be critical of with good cause.

It seems with showing that that isn't the case?

rune
There is a yin and yang for every walk of life, no one said its perfect, as with anything in life you get good and bad.

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
daphni pants when she gets excited...
Mine to , they must be stressed and overheated

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I find that extremely sad. It has happened to me in the past when I have 'spoken out' and I am ashamed to say I have sent support via PM as well.

The fact that people feel that cannot comment on a thread without being jumped on says a bit too much to me.
I find it extremely sad ,that some one has use the "support by pm" excuse to back up their argument.

Like someone already said, if I had a penny for every support PM in a thread, I would be quiet rich, but I dont need to use them to back me up, after all the private in the message is the clue to the point of them.

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Why do you still feel I did this just to wind people up? It's very odd. I've made it perfectly clear that it is a topic I find very interesting and the debate aspect on a forum is fun. What's wrong with that?

The title of the thread is anyone else NOT a fan, was /is inflammatory, it says nothing about starting an interesting debate.

It's infuriating. I don't blame them, but I do wish they would not let the 'hawks' get to them like this.

Its also not very good form to disclose support from members who give it in private, simply to give you back up!!

No, I've started a thread ADMITTING my ignorance (after all, if I'm anti large shows like this, why would I know all there is to know, but I do have an opinon) and asking people for their views. If you remember Dawn I asked you for your thoughts and I believe Rune has also, but you chose not to reply. Which is fine, but don't say I didn't try to see other's view points on this interesting debate.
No you didn't, you started a thread with a negative tone, knowing it would inflame some members,

Your admittance of "ignorance" was after you were pulled up about some of the twaddle you where spouting.

BTW Pidge, did you miss my question about the difference between buying a pedigree from a breeder to a rescue is , when you have stated you would never buy one again!!

Another point about the "same old" the "same old" is the same people from either side, be it pro or anti!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Indeed, and probably countries that still crop and dock!!
?????

What has that to do with anything?

rune
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
I have been a couple of times, always when the Pastoral group is on. Both times I have taken the boys. We have really enjoyed going round the stalls, meeting the dogs and owners, watching obedience, agility, HWTM, junior kennel club, discover dogs. We have come back with treats for the dogs. Not once have I seen any dog distressed or mistreated. Everydog has been approachable by me and the kids and have all enjoyed their fusses from us.

Weeing n pooping on some sawdust is a lot better than where a lot of other dogs get to go.

We just enjoy seeing dogs, in great condition, loved, well trained etc etc. So basically I love Crufts .......runs.......
Yes, I agree with you. I have been several times and have never seen any dogs in any distress and I too enjoy the stalls and enjoy the opportunity to see other breeds. I may be mistaken but it seemed to me most of the dogs enjoyed the company and the fuss. My friend breeds and shows GSDs - she loves her dogs beyond reason - she would never subject them to anything that would stress or upset them. I love the agility with the rescue dogs at the end of the show too - I have a hard job believing that they're not thoroughly enjoying themselves.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
There is a yin and yang for every walk of life, no one said its perfect, as with anything in life you get good and bad.

Mine to , they must be stressed and overheated

I find it extremely sad ,that some one has use the "support by pm" excuse to back up their argument.

Like someone already said, if I had a penny for every support PM in a thread, I would be quiet rich, but I dont need to use them to back me up, after all the private in the message is the clue to the point of them.

No you didn't, you started a thread with a negative tone, knowing it would inflame some members,

Your admittance of "ignorance" was after you were pulled up about some of the twaddle you where spouting.

BTW Pidge, did you miss my question about the difference between buying a pedigree from a breeder to a rescue is , when you have stated you would never buy one again!!

Another point about the "same old" the "same old" is the same people from either side, be it pro or anti!

You obviously didn't miss my question but could you be more specific about the bad please?

You see in all the threads on showing I have never seen anyone who shows admit that in any way there is anything wrong within it.

Thanks.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:16 PM
?????

What has that to do with anything?

rune
Didnt you know? Pedigree were in it for animal welfare. I mean they are happy to sponsor dog shows in Japan where dog cruelty is prevalent, but based upon false "facts" of the BBC "welfare" program, they used it as an indirect excuse to cut sponsorship here.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Look who sponsors dogs shows in Japan!!
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~oz-jp/bruce_wd_okayamafci.jpg
And south korea I believe? If thats pedigree you are on about?

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:17 PM
You obviously didn't miss my question but could you be more specific about the bad please?

You see in all the threads on showing I have never seen anyone who shows admit that in any way there is anything wrong within it.

Thanks.

rune
What do you see wrong with showing a dog?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Didnt you know? Pedigree were in it for animal welfare. I mean they are happy to sponsor dog shows in Japan where dog cruelty is prevalent, but based upon false "facts" of the BBC "welfare" program, they used it as an indirect excuse to cut sponsorship here.

Ahhh---so docking is cruel then and a welfare issue----I didn't realise we agreed on that.

rune
Page 26 of 103 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 76 > Last »