Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah0126
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Depends here. Rupert isn't allowed to sleep on the bed when me and the hubby are both in bed, there just isn't room for the 3 of us to sleep comfortably and Rupe's a bed hog at the best of times. He is allowed to come up for a cuddle when we first go up then is sent to his own bed for the night.

If the hubbys away Rupe sleeps on the bed with me. And if hubby gets up before me Rupe's on the bed, cuddled up to me and snoring away before Calvin's even left the room

He's had no problem getting that if we're both in bed, he's not allowed up but if only I'm in bed he's welcome. If I get up first he comes downstairs with me rather than get on the bed.

He's also allowed on the sofa and spends most of his day there.
My situation is almost exactly the same as this lol it did make me chuckle when I read it.
sandyrarr
New Member!
Female 

18-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Well my 4 would love to sleep on my bed but I have one at 79 kilo's, one 57 kilo's, one 45 kilo's and a puppy who weighed in last week at his 6 month check at 32 kilo's, so as you can imagine if my 4 were to sleep on the bed hubby and I would be on the floor lol.

Seriously though they all jump up on the bed and lay in a row every night and have their bedtime treats and then they get down and let us get in bed, then they get up 2 at a time for a cuddle and after that they all settle down and go to sleep until the morning when one of them will always come and wake us up with a lovely sloppy wet kiss where they have just been in the water bowl and then jump on the bed for a cuddle.
huggablehounds
New Member!
Female 

28-09-2010, 04:50 PM
I have 3 dogs one sleeps with me, one in his bed, and one alternates between my son and myself. I sometimes wish they all slept in their own beds. But I must admit that it is rather comforting to know that they are close, especially when I am on my own. Although rather annoying when they hear something in the garden, a cat for instance with a death wish, then they all rush out and there is no consideration for anything that may be in their way mainly myself sound asleep. I have to say here that they are not large dogs so I suppose they get away with it. I know that behaviourists do not agree with this but I suppose it depends on how you view things, as long as they know who the alpha is I cannot see the problem. Wolves in the wild all lie together.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Ours have their duvet on the floor next to our bed. they start out sleeping on their duvet but by the morning they have managed to sneak up with us lol
When my OH goes to work they both have a cuddle with me
saraho
New Member!
Female 

30-09-2010, 03:25 PM
It's a 'No' for me, Don't like waking up with dead legs!

I also saw the lady who was mauled by her friendly dog whilst asleep, not nice!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
No here, I need a good nights sleep and would get annoyed with Teg moving round waking me up! Dog bed in the kitchen for him!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
Absolutely, definitely, categorically NO.

Mine are not even allowed up stairs let alone on a bed.

To my mind they are animals and have their place and that place is not on my bed or even in the bedroom.

If for some reason I think they need some sort of attention or comforting then I will sleep on the settee. I have just had a few days on the settee to keep the new pup, who was in a cage not on the settee, company.

Sorry but I think letting dogs in or on a bed is humanising them and belittling the fact they are a dog.

Steve

Totally agree.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Asti has her bed in our bedroom which she sleeps in but never sleeps on our bed.
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Id say yes! I always let mine on the bed when he likes to sit there for about 15 mins-half an hour then prefers to sleep on the floor but hes lovely and cuddly so i dont mind when hes on he keeps me warm
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes. Luke has always slept with me, and even though I have no room (we have a double bed), and he kicks, dreams, talks and drools in his sleep, he's always wrapped around me in one way or another. I'm used to it lol. Now..he never smells like a dog, even when he's wet, his breath is perfect, and I've long since gotten used to his toots when he has them, so no problems there. I've only been booted off once, when I was too close to the edge and he had bad dreams..kicked me a bit too hard. When I'm watching Mom's shih tzu Mya for a few nights, as I am right now...she sleeps with us. Talk about tight squeeze lol.
Page 25 of 45 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 > Last »