Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
That's true !!

Credibility Pidge, in as much as you are usually someone who is more understanding to other opinions, not someone who like to post threads with the deliberate intention of getting a rise.

Unlike this thread , its out of character, but hey ho, as long as you get PMs to support you then carry on.
Why do you still feel I did this just to wind people up? It's very odd. I've made it perfectly clear that it is a topic I find very interesting and the debate aspect on a forum is fun. What's wrong with that?

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I find that extremely sad. It has happened to me in the past when I have 'spoken out' and I am ashamed to say I have sent support via PM as well.

The fact that people feel that cannot comment on a thread without being jumped on says a bit too much to me.
It's infuriating. I don't blame them, but I do wish they would not let the 'hawks' get to them like this.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It is yes.

Poor you!

Countless? Whoopie, perhaps they can answer for themselves then? What a shame you have to write that. if I had a pound for every time I had support like that, Id be doing darn well!

You have started a thread and clearly demonstrated your ignorance on the subject, thats what speaks volumes to me. Perhaps you would have preferred the people who dont show just to answer, give you more of that "back up" you seem to require.
No, I've started a thread ADMITTING my ignorance (after all, if I'm anti large shows like this, why would I know all there is to know, but I do have an opinon) and asking people for their views. If you remember Dawn I asked you for your thoughts and I believe Rune has also, but you chose not to reply. Which is fine, but don't say I didn't try to see other's view points on this interesting debate.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
How?

rune
By following the pointing fingers.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Why do you still feel I did this just to wind people up? It's very odd. I've made it perfectly clear that it is a topic I find very interesting and the debate aspect on a forum is fun. What's wrong with that?

It's infuriating. I don't blame them, but I do wish they would not let the 'hawks' get to them like this.

No, I've started a thread ADMITTING my ignorance (after all, if I'm anti large shows like this, why would I know all there is to know, but I do have an opinon) and asking people for their views. If you remember Dawn I asked you for your thoughts and I believe Rune has also, but you chose not to reply. Which is fine, but don't say I didn't try to see other's view points on this interesting debate.
no you started a thread asking if anyone else was not a fan of Crufts. There is a negative connotation in the very thread title. If you had been geniunely interested in hearing balanced views from both sides and wanting to learng something, you would've posted something like 'tell me about Crufts - the good and the bad'.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:18 PM
I think I have replied to everything, which things have I not replied to?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Was just thinking about the "pedigree" thing and them not supporting Crufts , yet they (royal canin) were the sponsors for the Junior Warrant finals at Discover Dogs show in November!! Held by the kennel club and that was solely for showing!!!!!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Haven't read all the way through so excuse me if I am repeating anything already said. I love Crufts for the atmosphere & the shopping. Loved showing my dogs there at times. Proudest year was the year 3 of my litter owned by different people were all competing in junior dog. However if the dog did not seem happy there I didn't take them again. I enjoyed breed showing & obedience & agility but if my dogs did not appear to enjoy it we didn't do it. My one male only enjoyed outdoor shows so I stopped taking him to indoor shows.
Had one dog who loved Crufts & showed better there than at other shows. Mind you he was always contrary, hated agility & refused to participate unless forced to, so stopped us doing any agility at the club we went to & although he would happily work in obedience at training club, when you took him in the ring you would think he had never had any training.
Having said all this I wish people would realise Crufts is ONLY another show albeit it a big one & nowadays one where you have to qualify to go. Most of my friends who do not show & even those in other breeds who do, can not understand why a good place & a high grading at our two day National Breed show meant a lot more to me than a card at Crufts
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

You started yet another thread to inflame the members and for someone who claims to know nothing you quoted all sorts of rubbish even managing to get the sponsers wrong.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Was just thinking about the "pedigree" thing and them not supporting Crufts , yet they (royal canin) were the sponsors for the Junior Warrant finals at Discover Dogs show in November!! Held by the kennel club and that was solely for showing!!!!!
Pedigree Chum are also very active supporting shows on the continent and I believe in the USA.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:53 PM
This feels oddly stalker-like. No Dawn, Woody is panting because we've been walking with him. All of these were taken after a lovely, long walk in the countryside. Something my dog enjoys a lot more than 12 hours in a stadium with the occasional trot around a show ring so I can show all my friends how perfect his feathers and hocks are.

Lovely pics though so thanks for the reminder

This proves where I'm going with this and let it be known, the purpose of the thread is to express my opinion. I don't like Crufts for what it stands for. I also don't like showing, but only because I don't get it and I never will, it's not for me, or my dogs in this capacity.

I don't get this? I said I will never BUY another pedigree. Have you not heard of breed rescue?

Erm, I was there with work promoting responsible breeding and helping people choose the right puppy, something I am very passionate about. Wouldn't quite work if I was miserable now would it and yes, I'd heard you saw me when you were there. Funny how you didn't come and say hi isn't it.

I can't say I've spent the past 9 months dwelling on it but I certainly came away with lots of things to ponder from what I'd SEEN whilst there. As well as a bargin bag of Arden Grange Crunchy Bites

OK, I'm not too hot on the FACTS I never am really as my memory is rubbish, but I trust my instincts and my feelings on things and they are telling me that unless things change I am not a fan of Crufts. I am entitled to that opinion.

Oh and Iams was once at Crufts but I can't find anything to prove that to you online.
Sorry I thought you also posted at the time, how much you enjoyed it...anyway no probs.
Sorry about not speaking but as you say you were working plus I hardly knew you and I was with friends/hubby/family who wanted to have a good mooch about
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Pedigree Chum are also very active supporting shows on the continent and I believe in the USA.
Indeed, and probably countries that still crop and dock!!
Page 25 of 103 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 75 > Last »