View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2010, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=lesleyo;1966311]before i got my pup, i had big ideas of how he was going to sleep in hall. HA, he has been on my bed from about night 4when i couldnt take sleeping on the sofa any more.

it was my intention to wean him off but i actually like him there, he puts his head on the pillow next to mine and sleeps all night. in the morning he wakes, stretches and wants a belly rub!!!

Hmm sounds like my OH
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2010, 07:07 AM
We moved out of my parents detatched house where the boys slept in the kitchen and into a terraced house where any little noise would set them off barking. We only rent and were worried about upsetting the neighbours so decided to have them in with us and see if they would settle like that. To start with they slept on the bed, mor often then not leaving me & OH with just a few inches of the edge of the bed, but when we put one of their cages in Max started sleeping in that and Ben now likes a piece of blanket on the floor. Sometime between 5 and 6 Max gets out of his cage (we don't shut him in), walks round the bed and licks my nose then goes back to his cage until we wake up. If we don't wake by 6.30 he jumps up and makes sure we don't sleep in! At that point Ben come up too!
I really don't like the hair aspect of it, but I wouldn't have it any other way now and I'd rather wash the sheets every week then change their sleeping habits now.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Sleeping in the bed NO WAY sleeping on the bed yes in the past.

I have only had the little dogs on the bed and only after being invited. But that was as singleton growing up. Now I have to share a bed with the hubby and his asthma the dogs are no longer allowed on the bed.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 11:28 PM
My pup is nearly 16 weeks old and he sleeps in a crate in the dining room just now!
My bed is a single, and is higher than your average bed! (my Dad built it), so would be terrified of him trying to jump off and hurting himself!
He is allowed on the bed if I am sitting at the computer (right next to it), as long as he lies down, that is the rules.

But he does sleep with me on the sofa downstairs if I am having a nap in the middle of the day, and I can see me letting him in my bedroom at night, but not on the bed, unless I get him steps... haha
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Well it's a yes and a no from me (awkward one I am!)

We let our greyhound sleep on the bed in the day time, she prefers it upstairs as it's warmer (No double glazing or Central heating here) in the winter and cooler in the summer as we open the windows upstairs.

At night time though it's a definate no. She has no sense of space and thinks she's smaller than she is so just takes up most of the bed and gets a grump on if we move about. She sleeps in the bedroom but on her dog bed on the floor. Also she has a habit of doing that crazy twitching when she's asleep which gets a bit worrying when she punches you several times and starts growling at herself.

Defo not IN the bed either, she could fill a room up with her smelly bottom let alone under a duvet
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 11:59 AM
No, because Kiki hogs the bed I remember when I moved back to the family house, just got Casper and not long after that my mum's new house completed so they were ready to move out of the family house. I was in the smallest room at the time, waiting to move to the largest double, so only had a single bed, and one night I had to have the dogs up with me as the living room was so full of moving boxes, folded down furniture, etc. that the dogs had no space. One of the worst night's sleep of my life Kiki lay across most of the bed, leaving me dangling off the edge, and Casper squeezed in across the bottom but kept getting up and down off the bed all night because he got too hot, then wanted to join in the cuddles, then got too hot again - over and over all night I woke up just about to fall out of the bed onto Casper and haven't let the dogs sleep in bed, even the double I've now got, ever again
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 12:08 PM
yes and no from me as well. Ted usually sleeps on the floor next to my bed but occasionaly i do let him up (normally if i'm cold ). I have a single bed and there just isn't the room for both of us particularly as ted likes to spread out and i normally end up squished up to one end. When i do let him up he normally gets off during the night but he won't attempt to get back on. He did try once and half asleep i pushed him off as he was trying to clamber over me so he only waits to be invited up now
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Depends here. Rupert isn't allowed to sleep on the bed when me and the hubby are both in bed, there just isn't room for the 3 of us to sleep comfortably and Rupe's a bed hog at the best of times. He is allowed to come up for a cuddle when we first go up then is sent to his own bed for the night.

If the hubbys away Rupe sleeps on the bed with me. And if hubby gets up before me Rupe's on the bed, cuddled up to me and snoring away before Calvin's even left the room

He's had no problem getting that if we're both in bed, he's not allowed up but if only I'm in bed he's welcome. If I get up first he comes downstairs with me rather than get on the bed.

He's also allowed on the sofa and spends most of his day there.
vgstar44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2010, 08:22 PM
No way!!! I have seen the hairs my Dyson picks up and i'd rather not put up with that in my bed.

He cant jump up on the bed himself yet so its not really an issue...... thank goodness.

Hes in his crate still just now but hopefully he prefers his doggy bed over mines!
Eddie'smum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Yes Eds sleeps on the bed, he's my constant companion so wouldn't have it anyother way. When it was hot though he slept on the cool tiles just outside my door. In fact he is on the bed right now as I am typing Oh and there is nothing like a good morning cuddle and a facewash to get me to get up to feed to him!!
Page 24 of 45 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 > Last »