Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
yep thats your opinion and thats fine but just remember ALL standards have to start somewhere! let me put it this way it would be a LOT harder to falsely reg' pups with the SIBTC than it is with the kennel club!
Why is that then?
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2007, 07:41 PM
sal considering your a staff owner you think you'd be supporting the breed no matter what lines it comes from? after all kc is just a piece of paper! you can have purebreed staffs without papers? support your own breed otherwise we have no chance!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
sal considering your a staff owner you think you'd be supporting the breed no matter what lines it comes from? after all kc is just a piece of paper! you can have purebreed staffs without papers? support your own breed otherwise we have no chance!
I do support my breed,Thank You.
In my head the KC is more than a piece of paper,
It gives me a traceable history of my dogs.It allows me to compete in any KC events,such as showing which both we and our dogs enjoy.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2007, 07:55 PM
i can see azz point the bigger the dog etc but i would like to know even if the dog was taller or the bigger standard for the breed would that make a huge difference?
if the dogs are sound in temprement then would the few " taller make any difference to if they are going to be more dangerous/aggressive as a breed?
surely if the dog or breed is sound then the few " bigger/stronger etc won't make them any more a risk to anything or any one.

what i am surprised about with reading this thread is the way people have posted.
for me i love the breed of dog and every thing that goes with it a few " difference wouldn't count.
if i had 2 staffys 1 taller 1 smaller it wouldn't affect the way i looked or treated them although it appears to be a big deal to some of the owners of this breed.
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Why is that then?
to reg a litter with the sibtc the dam must be pictured with the litter and the breeder must note any marking on each pup, when the new owner reg's there new pup they too must send a pic of the pup with the breeder sigend forms and with any markings on there new pup! when I bred my boxers I was offerd money to claim I had more pups than my bitch had actualy had! it would have been SSSOOOOO easy to do, but I didn't!, as you only contact the KC and say my bitch has had 10 pups 5 bitches and 5 dogs I own both the sire and dam give there details and that is that! trust me this goes on all the time! and yes I showed as well!
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I do support my breed,Thank You.
In my head the KC is more than a piece of paper,
It gives me a traceable history of my dogs.It allows me to compete in any KC events,such as showing which both we and our dogs enjoy.
ok then thats good but don't dis others without papers they maybe just as good if not better than yours!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 07:59 PM
ok then thats good but don't dis others without papers they maybe just as good if not better than yours!
I don't and never have,
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
i can see azz point the bigger the dog etc but i would like to know even if the dog was taller or the bigger standard for the breed would that make a huge difference?
if the dogs are sound in temprement then would the few " taller make any difference to if they are going to be more dangerous/aggressive as a breed?
surely if the dog or breed is sound then the few " bigger/stronger etc won't make them any more a risk to anything or any one.

what i am surprised about with reading this thread is the way people have posted.
for me i love the breed of dog and every thing that goes with it a few " difference wouldn't count.
if i had 2 staffys 1 taller 1 smaller it wouldn't affect the way i looked or treated them although it appears to be a big deal to some of the owners of this breed.
wel said! I love all staffs but I get a bit over protective lol when some people get all hung up on KC dogs being better that mine my dog is loved by me, my wife and my three children! and to her thats all that matters!
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 08:01 PM
THAT i WILL NOT AGREE WITH

are you trying to say that mine and sals, aswell as others KC standard dogs are less worthy than yours that isnt even registerer with anybody, ummmm,
me don't think

we no the origin of our dogs, they have been breed to get the best dog posiable,
I can trace more than 20years of serens heritage, so dont try and say your dog is better
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2007, 08:02 PM
i have owned pedigree no papers and kc dogs, the breed is the breed cant you just agree on that, kc doesn't make a dog what it is but it does show the lineage etc.
bud our newbie is pedigree but not kc.......does it make him any less of a little toe rag he is at the mo .no and i dont think of him any less because of it.
Page 24 of 27 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >