Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Byb stands for Back Yard Breeder. In short, a person who breeds dogs with no health checks, no care regarding lines whether purebred or not, not registered with the KC as an accredited breeder nor with a formal recognised breed club whose members sign up to adhere to a strict code of ethics.

A byb has no ethics whatsoever regarding the wellbeing of the dogs they breed from nor the offspring. They just want to make a few quid basically, hence not spending out on proper health checks, not catering for health care before during and after producing a litter, and are certainly not in it for the good of their breed.

patch is rite
and the sad thing is theres alot of people that breed like this and then it gives that breed abad name.
were i live you see so many BYB staffords its unbelievable.
the amount of 'i think im hard' people who buy them doesnt help.
if there wasnt people out there buying them then there would be a decline in the amount that are available.
the same applies to ne breed but badly breed staffords sem to be the most popular
karley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2007, 10:27 PM
On the news in Australia there was a sad sad sad sad case of animal cruelty to an English Staffie the I cant think of a nice enough abusive word to poswt so i will say beeeep of a guy decided that he would chop its ears off with a pair of scissors to make it look tough when the RSPCA found him he was almost dead because of infection all because we keep calling these dogs fighting breeds.

You know it is really sad to think idiots like this are that cruel and stupid.

But maybe this is the time to start appreciating theses dogs gentler sides and stopped labelling them as fighting dogs and therefore attracting the wrong sort of buyers..

Sorry to sadden your day but I just wanted to warn ppl that labelling these beautiful creatures can be very detrimental for them
karley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Also just finished reading through this entire thread and I have to say there is a lot of inter member fighting opinions should be allowed but as for fighting over stuff continously is not good for any of your members I also believe it went well off track.

This thread has been great as we all are aware there are some passionate ppl out there.

I think this thread has covered the main arguement and points and think it should now be about disscussion rather than abusing each other on line..

I am really interested in ppls thoughts on this.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2007, 01:28 AM
And there, ladies and gentlemen, we have the P.O.V. of a new member, who has been (rightly, IMO) underwhelmed by the bits of aggro that have occurred in this thread. I wonder how many guests were even more underwhelmed and surfed on out again without even saying hello? Let's keep it cool, and avoid getting like some of the other boards we all know and dislike :smt002 !!!

Snorri
karley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2007, 02:48 AM
This is my fighting dog she is a Bull Arab aka Australian Pig Dog X Rhodesian Ridgeback aka The lion hunter

muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 03:26 AM
Karley, I 100% agree. I almost browsed right on past dogsey, becuase it seemed every other thread was some raging argument.

Seems to be dying down a bit though. So I guess I'll stick around. Keep my guard up though.
bebe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Actually I wanted to same the same thing as Karley, but was wary of doing so, Karleys braver than me

I found my way to this forum after a horrible experience on another forum, after a long time of not agreeing with the way members are treated and treat eachother, and the double-standards there, and deciding I didnt want to be a member of that type of place any longer (I was a member for 4 years. Im a slow learner )

At the same time, I was banned because of ONE Mod on a forum that I loved, but the members on that forum were all lovely, of course there were disagreements but not in a nasty way, its a shame that such a good forum allowed a Mod to wage a personal vendetta. I was going to give up totally on dog forums, then was told about here. This is a very informative board, I know a lot of members on here and respect them all, but Ive got to say, Ive been surprised at the amount of quarrelling Ive seen in the short time Ive been here. Some of the posts have been pretty spitefull to be honest, and I almost decided it wasnt worth reading the boards any longer.
I know a lot of the subjects here are very emotive, especially concerning bullbreeds and bsl etc, but at the end of the day, arnt we all here for the same reason? Because we love our dogs? Why let a few people spoil the enjoyment of the board for others? Maybe we should all re-read our posts before hitting the "send" button, and try to put ourselves in the shoes of the poster to whom the post is being sent, we,re all human and have feelings.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by karley View Post
This is my fighting dog she is a Bull Arab aka Australian Pig Dog X Rhodesian Ridgeback aka The lion hunter

a wonderful breed, lovely pup
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-02-2007, 10:55 AM
If you have any comments about particular posts please use the report post icon on the bottom right hand corner of each post, it looks like this ....

..or post in the feedback section here ..http://www.dogsey.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133
A number of posts commenting on the thread have been moved to the feedback section.

Thank you.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Locked pending review.
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 25 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 >