Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Sandymere are you a frustrated "internet tour operator"
sandymere
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Malka, how does it being Canadian alter anything?
Looking a 25 different feeds is good as it reduces the risk of just testing one dodgy diet.
Most raw feeders do not feed human quality meat which is my main problem with the whole idea, not I feed human quality meat raw.
Are you saying the raw diets cure epilepsy, the cure all is ever a placebo.

In an attempt to get back on track……

There does seem to be a lack of evidence to support raw feeding but a small but very vocal group who endeavour to support it with what can only be described as dodgy evidence. The best evidence so far seems to be images of a dog with what would seem to be a diet related dermatological problem that was claimed to have been cured by raw feeding. On further questioning would seem to have actually have been cured by a hypoallergenic diet. Basically if it was diet related and cured by a novel protein then two likely causes might be beef protein or wheat protein. It would seem hard to argue a meat free diet due to a beef allergy as it is equally so for a cereal free diet due to wheat allergy. The hypoallergenic diet would have a novel protein in the form of an unusual meat such as duck and perhaps rice as the cereal alternative.
I will link to a site that gives independent views from an internationally respected vet who has nothing to sell, no books, bags of food or diet sheets.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...make-you-barf/

Ps I know some don’t like links as it is hard to argue against sensible, informed opinion and the writer came to the subject as a scientifically minded vet.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by sandymere View Post
...[snip]...Are you saying the raw diets cure epilepsy
I did not say anything of the sort. I said her seizure pattern has changed for the good.

the cure all is ever a placebo.
Please do not try to teach me about canine epilepsy. I am fully aware of the fact that there is no cure, only control.

You feed your dogs as you like, and I will feed mine as I like. OK?
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2011, 04:33 PM

In an attempt to get back on track……
I think the track you are playing has got stuck on replay!

Give it a rest!

You are preaching!

It can't be that difficult for you to understand that other dog owners are quite capable of formulating their own opinions on how they wish feed their dogs.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by rueben View Post
I think the track you are playing has got stuck on replay!

Give it a rest!

You are preaching!

It can't be that difficult for you to understand that other dog owners are quite capable of formulating their own opinions on how they wish feed their dogs.
Totally agree.

Ps I know some don’t like links as it is hard to argue against sensible, informed opinion and the writer came to the subject as a scientifically minded vet.
For every link you put up, one of us could do the same, such as this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wLTlqnMMg

The point is this is just going in circles and so far you havent changed anyones mind. Not exactly sure what you want to achieve here?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Lot of people seem to miss the idea of bacterial contamination of the dog itself and the environment with the risks that gives.
When my dogs eat they tend to get liberally covered around mouths and at times their front legs. Since I am careful to use fresh frozen game it limits bacterial contamination but pet mince is heavily contaminated and so the dogs are. Human steak etc is not really comparable to pet food.
This is getting really old now

My dog never gets bits of food all over him, and he never uses his legs or feet to hold his raw food.

I think if bacterial contamination was such a risk, then more people who fed raw, would be saying such things...
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh this is getting comical. Think I may have to go and video myself licking a raw chicken wing just to prove we aren't all going to keel over and die any time soon!!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Oh this is getting comical. Think I may have to go and video myself licking a raw chicken wing just to prove we aren't all going to keel over and die any time soon!!!

I'm really interested to know what pet mince is heavily contaminated with though?!!?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
This is getting really old now

My dog never gets bits of food all over him, and he never uses his legs or feet to hold his raw food.

I think if bacterial contamination was such a risk, then more people who fed raw, would be saying such things...
lol I think considering how much more acidic a dogs stomach acid is compared to say, mine, then if it was such a risk, I'd be a goner by now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Thing is human grade meat can be contaminated too with hormones antibiotics salmonella etc., Unless you buy free range and actually know the source from where it comes.
Page 24 of 56 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 > Last »