View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
how many threads is the whole weetabix discussion on?
(two I know of including this one)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
how many threads is the whole weetabix discussion on?
(two I know of including this one)
To be fair , from what I understand, the other came of the back of this thread.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Ha, there certainly does seem to be a dogsey police on here when it comes to people trying to tell others what they should or should not do with their dogs, even when they have already expressed another opinion. It seems such commonplace on dogsey now for people to repeatedly ram opinions down others throat, and dogsey used to be such a friendly welcoming place!

I only posted coz I thought it was totally ridiculous the way this thread has gone. Weetabix only came up through nastiness, and what is the point in it being discussed in two threads. Off topic post usually get moved to a new thread or the correct thread and that certainly isnt me policing that, it just makes sense so not to ruin threads where people have an interest in the original topic. It also isnt fair for the OP.

Anyway, im done with all this. Its utter rubbish that things have got like this.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear
[i]And you know of good breeders too who bring their dogs up on weetabix and milk!
Originally Posted by SallyG View Post
Yes I do actually. Why dont you give it a rest, you keep harping on about bloomin weetabix, how many litters have you bred? I have probably successfully hand reared more puppies than you have had dogs.

At least I dont feed them on bones, risking broken teeth, fragments lodged in the mouth, intestinal obstructions, and at the very least, worn down molars in the older dog.
so reading that I thought it come from another thread maybe?

but I was only asking how many threads are talking about weetabix

edit;
I only posted coz I thought it was totally ridiculous the way this thread has gone. Weetabix only came up through nastiness, and what is the point in it being discussed in two threads. Off topic post usually get moved to a new thread or the correct thread and that certainly isnt me policing that, it just makes sense so not to ruin threads where people have an interest in the original topic. It also isnt fair for the OP.
Those comments after reading the above posts were why I assumed this Weetabix issue came off another thread to someone commenting on it here.

but in fairness is someone is of the opinion that a good breeder would not feed weetabix then it would be relevant to this thread as its about health....rightly or wrongly, if that is part of what breeding for health means to that person then they can comment which I assume is why the thread isnt locked and the comments not deleted or moved.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:40 PM
so reading that I thought it come from another thread maybe?

but I was only asking how many threads are talking about weetabix

edit;

Those comments after reading the above posts were why I assumed this Weetabix issue came off another thread to someone commenting on it here.

but in fairness is someone is of the opinion that a good breeder would not feed weetabix then it would be relevant to this thread as its about health....rightly or wrongly, if that is part of what breeding for health means to that person then they can comment which I assume is why the thread isnt locked and the comments not deleted or moved.
I think the Weetabix came from this one, dont know if there are others?

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=144945
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Ha, there certainly does seem to be a dogsey police on here when it comes to people trying to tell others what they should or should not do with their dogs, even when they have already expressed another opinion. It seems such commonplace on dogsey now for people to repeatedly ram opinions down others throat, and dogsey used to be such a friendly welcoming place!

Anyway, im done with all this. Its utter rubbish that things have got like this.
Totally agree with you I commented on the other thread. As I said dont care if the dogsey police dont like how I feed my pups. Just totally sick of all the "experts" on here.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Totally agree with you I commented on the other thread. As I said dont care if the dogsey police dont like how I feed my pups. Just totally sick of all the "experts" on here.
you dont mind condasending people with comments of 'dogsey police' though eh

(and the expert being a vet nurse, kind of is)

Feed your pups what you like but for people to come on a thread insulting people with name calling for putting their opinion accross and implying others should not to be so critical is a little condascending and contradictory isnt it?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I think the Weetabix came from this one, dont know if there are others?

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=144945
thats the only other one I know of too
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 01:10 PM
you dont mind condasending people with comments of 'dogsey police' though eh

(and the expert being a vet nurse, kind of is)

Feed your pups what you like but for people to come on a thread insulting people with name calling for putting their opinion accross and implying others should not to be so critical is a little condascending and contradictory isnt it?
It wasn't just Tupac who commented it was a couple of other members as well, and if you think I'm being critical maybe it's because I'm sick to the back teeth of people critising all the breeders and people who show on here.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
It wasn't just Tupac who commented it was a couple of other members as well, and if you think I'm being critical maybe it's because I'm sick to the back teeth of people critising all the breeders and people who show on here.
see a connection? the words double and standards come to mind

As far as this thread and feeding weetabix is concerned you only jumped in to drop your 'dogsey police' comment in again which is just troublemaking! You never gave good fair comment on how it was nutitionally beneficial or wasnt you just jumped in to drop that line in again. That is how it looks anyway.

btw potential puppy buyers are free to be critical and lets face it, the more critical the better! the problem with people that think they are constantly right and know it all and no matter what people say.....is that they fail to learn from any criticism.

Surely you want people to criticise or should they just go to a puppy farmer then? You cannot filter what people are allowed to criticise!!

and if you know people will, then why post about it in the first place (oh, so you can retaliate by name calling if it suits you)

you are being completely unfair by name calling just because people dont say what suits you

btw - the showing part isnt valid either, there are plenty people commenting here who show and dont feed weetabix and there will be plenty people breeding who do not feed weetabix
Page 24 of 26 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 >