Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Thanx everyone!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Nikki - every time I click onto this thread when I see that you have posted I think and hope you are going to say that Tai has finally poo'd out the plastic.

Come on Tai, you know you can do it... xx
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Nikki - every time I click onto this thread when I see that you have posted I think and hope you are going to say that Tai has finally poo'd out the plastic.

Come on Tai, you know you can do it... xx
I've been lurking for exactly this! ^^ Poo watch is quite intense
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 01:02 AM
How many times did I do this with Selkie... The anxious wait, feeding her bio yoghurt to get things on the move... following her to the garden... Countless xrays tracking the blockage, enemas and then finally the discovery day! Cotton reels, socks, tv remotes (not even my TV, no idea), power ranger (again, no idea where she got it from), shoes, a carrier bag, something she really shouldn't have got from under a friend's bed when we visited (maybe she thought it was the other sort of rabbit)... collars from the other dogs.. you name it.. Selkie ate it!

There was never any rhyme or reason, she would eat when the fancy took her, sometimes when she was left, but more often she would just wander off while we were all home and chilling and find something naughty to eat somewhere, not that regularly.. maybe once or twice a year during her 14yrs of life... Always an anxious wait for me, often vet tripped but always passed through in the end! Though touch and go some times! I tried leaving her in a crate when I was out, she broke out and screamed the place down, I tried muzzling her... she ate the muzzle!!! In the end it was just something we lived with..

Wishing Selkie's iron bowels Tai's way!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
How many times did I do this with Selkie... The anxious wait, feeding her bio yoghurt to get things on the move... following her to the garden... Countless xrays tracking the blockage, enemas and then finally the discovery day! Cotton reels, socks, tv remotes (not even my TV, no idea), power ranger (again, no idea where she got it from), shoes, a carrier bag, something she really shouldn't have got from under a friend's bed when we visited (maybe she thought it was the other sort of rabbit)... collars from the other dogs.. you name it.. Selkie ate it!

There was never any rhyme or reason, she would eat when the fancy took her, sometimes when she was left, but more often she would just wander off while we were all home and chilling and find something naughty to eat somewhere, not that regularly.. maybe once or twice a year during her 14yrs of life... Always an anxious wait for me, often vet tripped but always passed through in the end! Though touch and go some times! I tried leaving her in a crate when I was out, she broke out and screamed the place down, I tried muzzling her... she ate the muzzle!!! In the end it was just something we lived with..

Wishing Selkie's iron bowels Tai's way!
Some dogs are just like that. Our old wolf cross Hal, he would eat girls and ladies' underwear - knickers, socks, and famously once used tampax and sanitary towels from the bathroom bin!! His son Ben, he lovingly licks the gussets of knickers if I forget to put them in a laundry bag in front of the washing machine, and just carelessly chuck them down on the floor. But Tai - when he is hungry, and we have been trying to slim him down recently and so he has been hungry - will eat anything - stuffed toys, socks and now the plastic trays plus suet put out for the birds!! Everything has always passed through one end or the other, but this plastic will be scrunched up in a tight ball and will be the devil's own to get it safely right through and out the bum! It has gone far too far now to be vomited up, so it's got to come up the other end, which is not going to be easy. We don't think it is biodegradable plastic as it didn't say so on the packet, but of course if it is then it will break down eventually - toxins from the plastic will be a worry, but we will just have to hope for the best. He cannot be operated on - frankly, we cannot afford it but aside from that, he had a cardiac arrest when he was anaesthetised for an endoscopy so another GA is out of the question. Unfortunately they don't perform laparoscopic surgery on dogs, which is performed under a LA. So there we are ... just waiting. In the meantime, we have to endure the most ghastly and toxic smells every evening whilst watching the telly in front of the fire! The old git, having dropped one, then proceeds to waft the smell nicely up into the atmosphere by graciously waving his tail like Mother Jaguar in the Just So Story!

How I loves him, the old git
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Oh 'eck - still on poo watch here. Would/could a gentle enema help shift it?

Or a load of vaseline shoved up his bum to help its way out?
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Every time I return to this thread - I do it with trepidation in case is not good news. So far it is good - and I'm hoping it will be soon even better - in the shape of 'plastic' poo.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Poo, poo, poo?

It wouldn't let me just type 'poo?'.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Oh 'eck - still on poo watch here. Would/could a gentle enema help shift it?

Or a load of vaseline shoved up his bum to help its way out?
He's on mega doses of Omega 3, but I'm told that vets don't give dogs enemas ... assuming your suggestion is a serious one!! I am beginning to think that I am going to have to grease up and do my best James Herriott!!

He hasn't done a poo today at all, which is worriesome. Yesterday OH says that he passed a massive pile of totally undigested raw carrot with a load of mucus .. apologies to anyone who is eating!!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Still popping in to see how things are going, hoping all is well but wish he'd get rid of that plastic! Come on Tai

Wys
x
Page 23 of 27 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »