View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Chocolate is my total downfall, and if I get hungry after tea I seem to eat more than I do in the rest of the day...

Helena I need to follow your advice and just get myself a GSD I think.... would really help me I feel

I wasn't sure about the gym as it is gonna cost me for something I could do for free... I could save the £17 a month, but then again it is way more likely to keep me motivated than trying to do things at home I think!

Also because I now have a job () (not started yet haha), I will be working 3 evenings (half 4 till half 3 days a week and then a saturday, it means I can go to the gym after work when it is nice and quiet too!

ETA: Ohh also about chocolate, what I do is have a mini weight watchers (or equivalent) chocolate muffin at like 85 calories... its carbs and chocolate in one but there really isn't much in them tbh! So they seem to work out great
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Have any of you heard of graze?

I got a couple of boxes a while ago and they were pretty good tbh! But with no job I couldn't justify £3.50 a week tbh.

But there are masses of things, and you pick things you do/don't like and want to try, and they send u a randomly made up box!

I am saying this as I just logged in and as I havn't been on in ages it has given me a code DF39C9V - and if you use that you can all get a free box and then one half price! (no subscriptions, like u can cancel anytime) - just if anyone is interested!

https://www.graze.com/
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Chocolate is my total downfall, and if I get hungry after tea I seem to eat more than I do in the rest of the day...

Helena I need to follow your advice and just get myself a GSD I think.... would really help me I feel

I wasn't sure about the gym as it is gonna cost me for something I could do for free... I could save the £17 a month, but then again it is way more likely to keep me motivated than trying to do things at home I think!

Also because I now have a job () (not started yet haha), I will be working 3 evenings (half 4 till half 3 days a week and then a saturday, it means I can go to the gym after work when it is nice and quiet too!

ETA: Ohh also about chocolate, what I do is have a mini weight watchers (or equivalent) chocolate muffin at like 85 calories... its carbs and chocolate in one but there really isn't much in them tbh! So they seem to work out great
Apparently dark chocolate is better if your on a diet too but I havent actually compared it to milk chocolate.
Good news about your job and the fact that you can fit the gym in with the hours your doing.
Have any of you heard of graze?

I got a couple of boxes a while ago and they were pretty good tbh! But with no job I couldn't justify £3.50 a week tbh.

But there are masses of things, and you pick things you do/don't like and want to try, and they send u a randomly made up box!

I am saying this as I just logged in and as I havn't been on in ages it has given me a code DF39C9V - and if you use that you can all get a free box and then one half price! (no subscriptions, like u can cancel anytime) - just if anyone is interested!

https://www.graze.com/
I've not heard of it but I will have a look and order something later tonight most likely
Thanks for sharing the voucher code with us
Is it unlimited (the voucher code) as in as many people can use the code...?
Did you like the stuff you got off them before?

How chuffed am I Just managed to jog 2 miles, took a while, but I done it!

Now I am going to walk Loui so he get a chance to have a play time.

Edit; just had a quick look at Graze, worth a try for a free box and on half price, I'm just wondering if it actually does fit through the letterbox though?
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah it does fit through the letterbox!

I quite like the fact you don't pick exactly what you want so it is a surprise, and you can go back on after and rate whether you liked the things or not, so they know whether to send you them again!

The voucher code is unlimited, but I get £1 off a box, or can donate the £1 to charity with that code, so if you are giving it to friends you may as well see if you get a code and can get £1 off your next one after the half price one! If that makes sense

I didn't like everything, but that's to be expected really! But it comes in 4 compartments, and sometimes the compartments are a mix of things, so most of the stuff is lovely! That's from someone who doesn't really like nuts!

ETA: I remember being addicted to dried apricots and coconut flakes
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
See I couldn't do a diet like that, I'd get bored of eating the same thing all the time. Is he not worried that the weight will all come back once he goes back to eating normally?

Portion control of chocolate works too I eat 1 or 2 squares every night after dinner, stops me craving something sweet.
Strangely enough, he said he finds himself driving home, getting all excited (coz he's starving), thinking "is it soup or eggs tonight"???!!! How weird is that!!

He did this once before with WW when he lost 3 stones, so I doubt very much he'll go back to the way he was for a 2nd time. It's my fault, my dinners are too big, we eat of huge plates, so I'm going to have to bin those and get a new set of normal size for future use!

He's also the type who opens a packet of biscuits and munches his way through the whole pack whereas I'm the type to have one or two, then twist the top, they're put away! Just like you, I have to have something sweet after a meal, and that's a good thing apparently BUT it doesn't have to be chocolate ya know!!! Can't remember the last time I ate a bit of chocolate, I have strange fads with that, it's a once every 3 month thing, and I eat a lot of it, then don't want anymore for a long time, but have to admit, ice cream really IS my downfall.

Check out the latest soups Natalie, you wouldn't believe how yummy and wholesole the Baxter's range of chunkies are! His favourite is the smokey bacon with 3 beans, he gets quite excited if it's that one Bit like me when it's pork chop day!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 03:55 PM
H, you better not tell him there are whole dedicated Baxters shops up here, with everything baxters or you might be moving to Scotland after all
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Lol, noooooo, he'd probably raid the place!!!! Just seen that you jogged for 2 miles Well done you!!!! You should have jogged out on the soft grass with Loui, two birds and all that! I'd rather be on my bike thanks! I don't do jogging, once was enough and that was a few years ago when having a mad moment with a friend.

My neighbour jogs with 5 dogs onlead (be it terriers), all along the main road, then she climbs up from the other side of cissbury hill (where I go), right across the top, and then down and back home, that's about 5 miles she IS insane though coz I know her mother lol!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Ah see I'm not much of a chocolate fan so a couple of pieces of chocolate after dinner works for me. Lindt white chocolate usually. I can have in the freezer long enough that it goes out of date Cakes and biscuits are my weakness. If I open a pack I have to finish the pack. Thankfully hubby tends to buy chocolate biscuits and I don't like those.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I am trying to not cut out anything fully from my diet but some foods I just have to... like jaffa cakes, I could literally eat my weight in jaffa cakes
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol, noooooo, he'd probably raid the place!!!! Just seen that you jogged for 2 miles Well done you!!!! You should have jogged out on the soft grass with Loui, two birds and all that! I'd rather be on my bike thanks! I don't do jogging, once was enough and that was a few years ago when having a mad moment with a friend.

My neighbour jogs with 5 dogs onlead (be it terriers), all along the main road, then she climbs up from the other side of cissbury hill (where I go), right across the top, and then down and back home, that's about 5 miles she IS insane though coz I know her mother lol!
watch out Baxters Yeh, I can't really believe it either. I did about a mile and a half the first time out, 2 miles this time, I was determined though! I was looking at everything except where I knew I had to get to, to reach the one mile mark, cos that would have made it feel oh so long then by the time I got there I thought to myself, no way I'm walking back when I did more than that last time! So I just started jogging back, at about the 1.5 mark, my legs felt like they were going to cease up and I felt like my body was doing a lot of jiggling but I wasnt getting very anywhere So I jogged backwards for a while and then changed again and I could hardly believe I could see the mile sign from where I started! So I just thought, I only need to get to there! and that was how I done it. Loui can run along the grass at the side and me on the path but once I have built it up a bit I will start doing our little trail that we used to do, all "off road" (with hills )When I used to run before I used to do what your friend does, run on the way out then a nice long walk on the way back. This time I went home for a nice hot bath got all wrapped up cosy then took Loui out to the park for a wee play about.

I think I might spend about three days recovering from my little mission today.

I did contemplate getting a bike this year but then didnt, might see if I can get a second hand one next spring though.
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Ah see I'm not much of a chocolate fan so a couple of pieces of chocolate after dinner works for me. Lindt white chocolate usually. I can have in the freezer long enough that it goes out of date Cakes and biscuits are my weakness. If I open a pack I have to finish the pack. Thankfully hubby tends to buy chocolate biscuits and I don't like those.
I am trying to not cut out anything fully from my diet but some foods I just have to... like jaffa cakes, I could literally eat my weight in jaffa cakes
I have cut out the Rolo desserts cos they only come in packs of two, which of course means I eat two. When I tried the Aero ones at first I didnt like them BUT thats before I realised that you got chocolate ones! So they arent bad for an 'under a hundred calorie fix'
Page 23 of 29 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »