Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
True, numbers and a suggestion of transport has been offered, along with "I would help but" but if push came to shove how may would step up to the mark and take this dog in to save it from euthanasia
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Exactly!
Not me. Plans to have kids in the future and with two big dogs now with no room for anymore - impossible.
Would you? Anybody?

No, No and No, even with the experience of owning large guardian breeds, no.

Had I had no children, the situation may have been entirely different.

Rescue places are few and far between especially for a dog that
has bitten/nipped/attacked, what makes this dog more worthy than a dog that hasn't done anything at all
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Exactly!
Not me. Plans to have kids in the future and with two big dogs now with no room for anymore - impossible.
Would you? Anybody?
I live in the USA, so it's impossible for me to.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
True, numbers and a suggestion of transport has been offered, along with "I would help but" but if push came to shove how may would step up to the mark and take this dog in to save it from euthanasia
I wouldn't,
I couldn't risk my childrens welfare taking a dog that has a history of biting and I don't think there are many homes out there that would take a dog which has a history of biting.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post

Rescue places are few and far between especially for a dog that has bitten/nipped/attacked, what makes this dog more worthy than a dog that hasn't done anything at all
My thoughts too,
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Exactly!
Would you? Anybody?
Preston is not hard to find, its about j 21/26 ? off the M6.. a good route from either end of the Country.

I realy find it incredable that Kitty is being told the dog should not be PTS yet , find a solution , a home.rescue, see a vet ...

So maybe some of those who are so vocal in saying the dogs was not really being aggressive , it was not a real attack, and so on, should do as Shona has suggested, put up your money and go save this dog from euthanasia.

Its already been established she is going to get no help from rescue, so what her next option!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2010, 10:49 AM
FWIW I don't think anyone would condemn Kitty if the dog has been pts, it's her decision and we can only offer opinions. It's a tad unfair to say no one has stepped up to the mark because they say they would but there's always a but, well the but's are very valid. How many dogs should we all take on? should we not have a limit ? Should we ignore our current situation with our current dogs etc ? I can honestly say if I could see a way to step in and have him I would do so, and do it happily. I wish I was closer in order to help out in the short term. I have been trying to find someone with Dobermann experience willing to help but we all have valid reasons why we can't do it, not excuses but valid reasons. Sadly it isn't always possible to help every dog that needs it no matter how hard we try and no matter how much will there is to do it.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:52 AM
The only person I could think that could offer valid advice within the world of Dobermanns is this lady, but it's probably a looong shot.

http://www.kerioakdobes.btinternet.co.uk/index1.htm

http://www.kerioak.com/
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I was one of the people who urged the OP to get the dog checked by a vet before having it pts.

I didn't mean wait for 5 days, risk it in the house with her child, I meant take it to the vet immediately, if there was something wrong with it that would have explained why dog did what it did, then it may have been easier to find it another home. Also, if there was something majorly wrong with it then it was in the right place to be given sleep if it was ill, or if it was, infact, a dangerous dog.

I have re-read what I wrote and don't think I came across as critisising the OP, if I did then I apologise wholeheartedly, I was just trying to think of other options available to the OP and I most certainly wouldn't condemn her had she felt the need to euthanase, but would have felt very sad for the dog not to have at least been given a chance.

I didn't mention the child as she never asked for advice on what she should do with him, of course I hope that he is ok and not suffering any long term damage because of this incident.

Settagirl has already confirmed that her dogs never come into contact with children so there are, most definately, homes available where a child is never put at risk and that owners are prepared to give a dog a second chance.

If I were in a position to offer this dog a home I would have done, I cannot give anything a home whilst I have Leon...if it were a different scenario here then I wouldn't hesitate.

Every time I come to this thread I cannot stop thinking about the poor dog outside wagging its tail at the OP totally unaware of what has happened or is going to happen
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:04 AM
ok all the Doberman rescues i could find in the book

doberman rehoming association

mrs Chris Omar

01276 855326

Doberman Rescue ltd

and there are a few for this one

Mr and Mrs Gibbons
01268 733353

Miss H Townsend

01473 832301

Mr and Mrs Bradley
01273 684830

Mr and Mrs Winterbourn

01205 750570

Mrs VJ Griffiths

01952 409474

Doberman welfare Association
Sue Garner
01895 253578

Mrs S James
01685 844362

Dobermans in need

01243 542545

these are all in the KC rescue book, and as for not stepping up to the mark i wish i could, but with 5 springers here and a list a mile long to come in, its just not possible
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I genuinely don't think anyone has been mean to Kitty on here or would judge her for what she has done. Only she knows in her heart what the best thing to do is.
Closed Thread
Page 23 of 47 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 > Last »