Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Spot on. Crufts makes me uncomfortable, hence the thread

Oh and I still don't get the panting thing? A dog on a walk will pant if he's been running about in the fields. A dog on a small wooden bench, lying still and panting is either just back from an energetic walk (unliklely with the set up), hot or stressed. I genuinely cannot see how it can be anything but.
daphni pants when she gets excited...
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Of course nothing perfect, as with everything there's problems, same as there is in everything in life. However as usual you refuse to listen to other points of view except your own and you use inaccurate comments as usual to imflame and rile people. Pidge you really need to take a chill pill, almost every thread you start ends up like this do you take pleasure from causing rifts on here.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Oh and I still don't get the panting thing? A dog on a walk will pant if he's been running about in the fields. A dog on a small wooden bench, lying still and panting is either just back from an energetic walk (unliklely with the set up), hot or stressed. I genuinely cannot see how it can be anything but.
I agree, I've seen mine pant a lot on walks because they are tired, or hot from running, but I don't think if you saw a photo of a dog at a show you can at best guess why its panting, whether excitment, stress, over heating or because they've just done something like agility etc, but I do agree that if a dog is just sat or laid down on a bench, and has been for some time it shouldn't be needing to pant, the only thing I can think of that might be reasonable is that it is excited because it loves what its doing, but then I would still think that the owners or handlers would want to calm the dog down a bit.

ETA, I say might, because I would expect at a place with high numbers of dogs people will want the dogs as calm as possible, to reduce any stress in other dogs, and also to increase the level that they dogs listen if you are about to go into a ring to do activities such as agility flyball etc and also judging shows, as I'm sure that the judge wouldn't want a dog too excitable that its harder to run their hands over and get a better feel for the dogs, also I don't think that being too excited for too long (prolonged periods and regulary) can be the greatest thing for the dogs body.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
That's true !!

Credibility Pidge, in as much as you are usually someone who is more understanding to other opinions, not someone who like to post threads with the deliberate intention of getting a rise.

Unlike this thread , its out of character, but hey ho, as long as you get PMs to support you then carry on.
I find that extremely sad. It has happened to me in the past when I have 'spoken out' and I am ashamed to say I have sent support via PM as well.

The fact that people feel that cannot comment on a thread without being jumped on says a bit too much to me.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
First time visit for me this March , Looking forward to it , Bella is 'working' on the RGT stand but hope to get time to see some of the things Crufts is all about.
oooh whats days would you be there? I am hoping to go the Friday

would love to meet Bella and yourself of course

sorry off topic I know
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I find that extremely sad. It has happened to me in the past when I have 'spoken out' and I am ashamed to say I have sent support via PM as well.

The fact that people feel that cannot comment on a thread without being jumped on says a bit too much to me.
Me too, I think that everyone should be able to say what they feel, I mean we all love dogs, shouldn't we be able to say what we feel about something that we are passionate about? I remember sending someone a PM once, although tbf it was mentioned on a thread what was it was about, and I stood up and said what I wrote its just sad that others feel differently .
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Of course nothing perfect, as with everything there's problems, same as there is in everything in life. However as usual you refuse to listen to other points of view except your own and you use inaccurate comments as usual to imflame and rile people. Pidge you really need to take a chill pill, almost every thread you start ends up like this do you take pleasure from causing rifts on here.
Are you talking to me?

If so I am listening to other points of view---thats why I am asking the questions I am asking.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Let me put it another way for you, its done them no good, and one of the MAIN sponsors this year is Royal Canin, imagine that, pedigree through the back door!
And the relevance of that is?

That isn't the RSPCA and Dogs Trust which is what my post (and yours) were talking about.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Nothing in life is perfect (except cats ) its what your comfortable with and what you'd rather walk away from. Im happy with the part I play and Id complain about something if I personally disagreed with it and came up against it, as i would hope you would.
No thing you feel is wrong then---since you haven't complained.

Thank you for answering.

rune
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Are you talking to me?

If so I am listening to other points of view---thats why I am asking the questions I am asking.

rune
I wasnt talking to you lol, I was answering Pidge but for some reason wouldnt let me quote.
Page 23 of 103 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 73 > Last »