http://www.poopscoop.biz/
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Oh dear!

You were, I wasn't.

Are you sure about your excellent education? Just asking....

rune
You will never know the answer to that question Rune.

All I can tell you is that I have not only been taught to think for myself, but to respect other people's points of view - however incongruous (spelling?!) they may appear to me to be. It would be a very dull world if we all thought the same way, or were too scared to stick our heads up above the parapet. You strike me as being a very intelligent person ... far too intelligent to follow rules without questioning just because they are the rules. One of my most favourite sayings is "Rules are made to be broken".

It's true. Otherwise, we never evolve, we just revolve round and around and end up basically up our own rear ends, never a good place to be.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Ta v much. I will purchase some - I tried Jolly's, Pets at Home and all the independent pet shops in the city where I work, plus 2 garden centres that have pet departments on the way home, with no luck.

I will order some right now - thanx so much.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Ah, just seen the price - there's a minimum order of 240 scoops - some £36 odd. At the very very most I would probably only ever use a max of 60 in 1 year, if that, as it would only be on the beach (once a year when we go away in January) or the very very rare occasion I would have to walk on a pavement that I would have need of one. We are going with my parents to Norfolk in September (they're paying!!) so i suppose we would use them then. I can't afford £36 at the moment, but I think I will place a minimum order once I get paid for the overtime I have been doing.

Thanx very much again
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
You will never know the answer to that question Rune.

All I can tell you is that I have not only been taught to think for myself, but to respect other people's points of view - however incongruous (spelling?!) they may appear to me to be. It would be a very dull world if we all thought the same way, or were too scared to stick our heads up above the parapet. You strike me as being a very intelligent person ... far too intelligent to follow rules without questioning just because they are the rules. One of my most favourite sayings is "Rules are made to be broken".

It's true. Otherwise, we never evolve, we just revolve round and around and end up basically up our own rear ends, never a good place to be.
'Rules are made to be broken'---that is IMO an appalling attitude. Rules are made for good reasons and if you disagree with the reasons you lobby to get the rules changed democratically.

Unless you are anti social and just want to do your own thing anyway.

rune

BTW----your postings provide the answer to the question!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Rules are made to be broken -

Until they concern you that is.

I will feel no symppthy for you when your fined for not picking up.

You set a poor example for your dogs and any children you have.

You can't pick and choose rules to follow and you still have not acknowledged that the person who had a go at you for burrying poo on the beach had every right to have a go at you.

If you don't want to follow the rules you can't moan at others for bullying you thats a rule you know.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
You will never know the answer to that question Rune. One of my most favourite sayings is "Rules are made to be broken".

I agree with Rune. We only need to read your posts, they don't seem to come from someone with much common sense. The world is in a bad enough state now, just imagine if everyone followed your "Rules are made to be broken" attitude.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
'Rules are made to be broken'---that is IMO an appalling attitude. Rules are made for good reasons and if you disagree with the reasons you lobby to get the rules changed democratically.

Unless you are anti social and just want to do your own thing anyway.

rune

BTW----your postings provide the answer to the question!
O dearie me ...

I am going to have to start goose-stepping round the office. That wonderful scene in Fawlty Towers comes to mind Thanx so much for making me laugh!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I agree with Rune. We only need to read your posts, they don't seem to come from someone with much common sense. The world is in a bad enough state now, just imagine if everyone followed your "Rules are made to be broken" attitude.
O Lord, ANOTHER one who has absolutely no sense of humour whatsoever

Where would we be if we all mindlessly followed to the letter every single law, however stupid, however mindless.

Let's see if I can think up some situations where rule following has had catastrophic results ... here's one, which I am sure we can all remember: it is concerning the London bombings, the underground had been bombed but firemen were not allowed to go in and help the injured because of "The Rules" ... H & S in this case ... in case there was a further bomb. They were all prepared, obviously, to risk their lives, but they had to stand by and watch and hear people dying in agony.

"Michael Henning was just yards away from Shehzad Tanweer when he detonated a bomb on a Circle line train at Aldgate Tube station, killing seven people.

Mr Henning told the inquest how he became angry when he saw three separate groups of firemen standing around the station after he was evacuated from the train.

He recalled asking the firemen: "Why aren't you down there? There are people dying."

But he said none of the firefighters looked at him or replied, apparently out of embarrassment, until one admitted they were worried about a second explosion.

"There were people that may have survived if they had got urgent medical response there and then." Michael Henning, 7/7 survivor"There were people that may have survived if they had got urgent medical response there and then," Mr Henning told the inquest into the deaths of the 52 victims of four separate bombings.

"My view is even if those who were too severely wounded to ever survive, some of them died in agony for 20, 30, 40 minutes, and at least they should have had the dignity of having some morphine or something of that nature."

"I was quite calm but I could feel the anger rising in me because we had no help apart from the London Underground people at that stage."

Mr Henning suggested that firefighters, police and paramedics were held back by protocols but he insisted he was not criticising individuals.

"When they were allowed to do their job, they did it absolutely brilliantly."

Geddit now??
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Rules are made to be broken -

Until they concern you that is.

I will feel no symppthy for you when your fined for not picking up.

You set a poor example for your dogs and any children you have.

You can't pick and choose rules to follow and you still have not acknowledged that the person who had a go at you for burrying poo on the beach had every right to have a go at you.

If you don't want to follow the rules you can't moan at others for bullying you thats a rule you know.
Of course he had every right to have a go at me. What are you talking about!! We do not live in a dictatorship where we are all in fear and trembling for our lives if we speak out!! He had every right to tell me off, I had every right to explain to him why we bury, and off we went our separate ways having had a most interesting discussion. We met some charming people we would never otherwise have met, and he learned a lot about dog poo!

Bullying has nothing to do with rules, it is something that if you have ever had to suffer at a young age when you are separated from your parents and your home for 6 weeks you will never forget.
Page 23 of 26 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >