Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:03 PM
so sorry to read this, my heart breaks for you

As for are you doing the right thing, then I would say only you and Gordon know that. If it is now affecting his quality of life then 100% you are right. You have done everything right it is just so sad that what ever it is has been so aggressive.

Please give Ollies a hug & kiss from me and I am thinking of you all at this really difficult time
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:04 PM
If you feel like this - yes - I believe you are doing the right thing.

It is horrid and I really feel for you

Huge hugs to you both
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:07 PM
The fact that you have come to this conclusion means that you know it's right for your boy. It's a brave decision to make and one that he would thank you for if he could. My thoughts are with you and your boy.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:09 PM
if it helps at all I have had pts two dogs that I know were able to have half an hour or so of 'quality' living every day. For the rest of the time they were in what appeared to the vet and myself to be severe pain.

One went out to greet the vet when they came out to pts. It was one of the hardest things I have done to allow that needle to go in. I know it was the best for the dog and that to keep him any longer would have been for me and IMO would not have been fair on him.

If you feel that you are reaching that stage then I would support you 100% and I am sure your vet and Gordon will as well.

Also if it helps we get peperroni sticks in and while the dog is being pts we feed them, sometimes dipped in liver pate.

Loads of thoughts coming your way and I am so sorry for you all.

light
rune
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm so very sorry Lynn, I had hoped you would have some more time with your darling boy, but I think you know in your hearts if he is suffering. You know that he would want to keep his dignity, if he can't go to the toilet without collapsing then he could possibly hurt himself in the process.

I so wish I could give you a suggestion to try which might give you some more time together, but my brain is just empty, you have done so much for him already.

Whatever you decide, we are all here for you and Gorden.

I'm thinking for you all, please give Ollie a kiss from me xxx
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:12 PM
so sorry to hear this, i can only echo what everyone else has said, only you and gordon will know when the time is right.

please know that we are all thinking off you and give ollie hugs and kisses from me and my lot xxxx
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:13 PM
my heart is breaking for you. I have followed your threads, tho not commented, as I have a very tough time saying in words, what I want to say. I am thinking about you guys.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Such a hard decision to make and one we all would rather not, but if its even crossing your mind I would agree that it more than likely is for the best. We dont like to see our furkids suffer and as their owners can tell better than any one else what the fairest thing to do is.
I have you all in my thoughts!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Only you and Gordon can make that decision Lynn because you know your gorgeous boy better than anyone.

One of our Danes completely lost the use of his back legs, he had been having some weakness, occasional falls and he was being seen by a vet. One night he must have fallen some time in the night and he could not get up We found him in the morning on the floor, he had lost control of his bladder and was lying in a big puddle of pee. How long had he been there - I don't know, a couple of hours - all night? We called the vet our there and then...

I know that you are sleeping downstairs with Ollie at the moment so this situation would not happen in his case, but it was a very sad and undignified end for my Casper.

I feel for you and Gordon so much. It is the hardest decision an owner ever has to make. I just feel so sorry for you, I don't know what else to say.xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Oh Lynn
I am so sorry,such a difficult hard decision to make but you have our support in whatever you decide to do.

Huge huge hugs xx

Give Ollie a gentle cuddle from us xx
Page 23 of 28 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »