Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 05:52 PM
5 dog can I ask is your MALINOIS a pet?
Yes a pitbull can do alot of damage, So can a bullmastiff, Neo, Saint Bernard, Stafford, English Bull Terrier,

Can I ask generally do you think being a dog lover and pro DDA goes hand in hand?
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
AnneUK.
You are becoming very aggressive .
Sorry if I've come across like this, it's just a very upsetting time and to see someone who I assumed new a lot about dogs making comments like your comment below really annoy me

THESE DOGS ARE BANNED. If people took note and the law was upheld this child would be alive, period..
No because this guy would have got another so called hard breed and trained it to be the same way.

Breeds are designed with predisposed characteristics.
Border Collies to herd and nip.
GSD to herd, and guard.
Jack russell to bark LOUDLY and nip and shake.
Pit Bull Terriers to fight, rag, rip, tear and hang on. its what they do.
So do you think Staffies should be banned
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Please remember - not all Bull breeds were bred to bite.

Bullmastiffs were bred to overpower - pin down, but NEVER bite.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Hi dawn, so no more 'pit bull bites' then what about the other dgs that bite as well

No more dogs? No more bites?
This thread is about Pit Bulls, if they were not here, they wouldnt bite would they?

Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Sorry if I've come across like this, it's just a very upsetting time and to see someone who I assumed new a lot about dogs making comments like your comment below really annoy me

No because this guy would have got another so called hard breed and trained it to be the same way.
You couldnt possibly know that, pure speculation.

So do you think Staffies should be banned

Nope, over a long long time, Staffies have been made to be a fantastic pet, NOT a fighting dog purposely designed for one sole reason, Staffies were also ratting dogs, not fighters alone, people forget this. They have for such a long time been bred as pets alone, and i think they make wonderful ones.

The Pit Bull remains a "primitive" breed as far as living as a family pet is concerned, a working dog IMO.

Just watching my local news a "large Bull Terrier type" dog has attacked a guide dog. She has terrible injuries, poor thing looked absolutely awful, bitten to bits.
Dawn.
5dog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
5 dog can I ask is your MALINOIS a pet?
Yes a pitbull can do alot of damage, So can a bullmastiff, Neo, Saint Bernard, Stafford, English Bull Terrier,

Can I ask generally do you think being a dog lover and pro DDA goes hand in hand?
Dont know what it has to do with it but my Malinois is not a pet, but he has been part of my and my families life for the last five years.
Im not pro DDA it is a waste of time and I would not use it.
but I do think you can be a dog lover and pro DDA the intention of the act was correct but it was rushed through parliment resulting in the mess we have now
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Please remember - not all Bull breeds were bred to bite.

Bullmastiffs were bred to overpower - pin down, but NEVER bite.
Have you seen a Bully work Hevvur? I have a friend who is a part time gamekeeper, he has trained his Bully to chase, knock down and sit on poachers, just what they were designed for, thing is when he knocks them dowm, he drowns them to death with slobber from his kisses!!!
Dawn.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:33 PM
The Pit Bull remains a "primitive" breed as far as living as a family pet is concerned, a working dog IMO.
That's incorrect Pitbulls have been domesticated just like the Staffies have. Please don't make stuff up to back up your argument. What about American Bulldogs and all the other fighting breeds?

FACT the most common dog bites are from Border collies and Terriers
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:34 PM
WATCH BBC NEWS NOW, IT SHOWS THE CONFISCATED DOGS FROM THE AREA WHERE THE CHILD WAS KILLED. Nice CROPPED ears!!
Dawn.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:43 PM
That's incorrect Pitbulls have been domesticated just like the Staffies have. Please don't make stuff up to back up your argument
Are you kidding?

They are primarilly a working breed, some make good pets, not too many, particularly here, where they have been banned for 16yrs, but continuously bred "underground" for the most part as fighting dogs, These are the types that are getting into homes, living with families. Do you really think that "responsible" owners would even consider breeding these dogs knowing it was illegal? Do you honestly think they would concentrate on generations of sound tempered dogs that make loving family pets, like the Staffie people have? Not a chance! They are breeding illegal Pit Bulls! they couldnt give a toss.
Dawn.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 06:45 PM
That's incorrect Pitbulls have been domesticated just like the Staffies have. Please don't make stuff up to back up your argument. What about American Bulldogs and all the other fighting breeds?

FACT the most common dog bites are from Border collies and Terriers
In my kennels, I would add Labs and golden Retrievers to that list. but Collies and some Terriers too yes, Pit bulls are Terriers too.
Dawn.
Page 22 of 32 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »