Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by PONlady View Post
Kenny, you asked how it's treated .. At the moment, we are using a very diluted form of the same kind of wash used by the vets for surgery on ears, and he's also taking antibiotics by mouth. We warm the wash to just above blood temperature so it's soothing for him, and just flood the ear canal with it twice a day. Then from tomorrow he will start on some antibiotic drops that the vet has specially mixed up for us. Fingers are crossed we have caught it in time!
Oh the poor boy, sounds very painful Lucky he has you to care for him and all fingers are certainly crossed.

Glad to hear Harvey isn't doing too badly - the quietness is probably the meds starting to work. He'll be sleepy more often with fewer fits. Hopefully the fits will eventually stop altogether, but aim for improvement rather than a cure. If the fits do stop completely and Harvey is still very dopey, talk to the vet about reducing the dose.
For his sake I'll take more sleepy and less fits anyday.

Aren't people on this forum the best?
They are the best and I am amazed and extremely grateful for all of the help and support I have received.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Next time you see the vet, ask him directly about these symptoms - tell him they worry you and you'd like to know why they are happening. He should give you a straight answer to a straight question!
Sorry to hear about your experiences but I am grateful you felt able to talk about it, thank you.

Harvey has got to go back to the vet next week for a check on how the medication is doing so I am going to bring it up then.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Hi Kenny
I haven't posted before, but I do know the person Myra is referring to. Her dog who is 6 years old has suffered from epilepsy for the past 4 years and on average has one seizure a month. As Myra said she does give her dog valium to relax her, plus various supplements. (Strangely enough her vet is also epileptic so possibly has more understanding of the illness than most vets).

I know how precious Harvey is to you, so I hope you don't mind my having taken the liberty of posting her and telling her a little about you and Harvey and asking her if she felt she could give you some advice, which she feels she can do. She no longer posts on Dogsey, only on Dogsey's sister forum Breedia. I also cleared it with Azz, so if you'd like to join Breedia and start a thread about Harvey's epilepsy please feel free to do so.

All the best and hugs to you and Harvey.
This was a very smart and sweet thing for you to do, Chlosmum. I didn't think of trying to contact her to give Kenny some advice. Glad my comment drew that in, I think she may be of great help to Kenny! Good work!
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Hi Kenny
I haven't posted before, but I do know the person Myra is referring to. Her dog who is 6 years old has suffered from epilepsy for the past 4 years and on average has one seizure a month. As Myra said she does give her dog valium to relax her, plus various supplements. (Strangely enough her vet is also epileptic so possibly has more understanding of the illness than most vets).

I know how precious Harvey is to you, so I hope you don't mind my having taken the liberty of posting her and telling her a little about you and Harvey and asking her if she felt she could give you some advice, which she feels she can do. She no longer posts on Dogsey, only on Dogsey's sister forum Breedia. I also cleared it with Azz, so if you'd like to join Breedia and start a thread about Harvey's epilepsy please feel free to do so.

All the best and hugs to you and Harvey.
Hi chlosmum

Thank you for the kind post and I am very grateful that you have posted the person you and Myra know. I do not mind at all and I welcome any advice as this situation is something I know nothing about and want to do the best thing for my dog.

If no one on here has no objections (I do not wish to cross post or show dis-loyalty to Dogsey) I will join Breedia as you suggest.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
tawneywolf and I have spoken today. Things are a bit hectic for her this coming week but she says she will take a dekko at it as soon as she can to check it's ok ... If all is well then I am more than happy to collect it and arrange delivery, Kenny.
Hi Gnasher (and tawneywolf)

That's great and I completely understand.

I am just so grateful to you both regardless
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
This was a very smart and sweet thing for you to do, Chlosmum. I didn't think of trying to contact her to give Kenny some advice. Glad my comment drew that in, I think she may be of great help to Kenny! Good work!
Thank you both
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
No way, I had been meaning to ask where on earth M was! I thought as she hadnt been mentioned thus far on this thread that something rather awful had happened.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
No way, I had been meaning to ask where on earth M was! I thought as she hadnt been mentioned thus far on this thread that something rather awful had happened.
She posts regularly on Breedia, she is fine. She may be of help to Kenny, which is why we wanted to see if Kenny could get in contact with her. She hasn't been mentioned because since she no longer uses this site, I think it kinda slipped my mind as well as anybody else's mind who originally might've said something. But since the mods do not like the conversing about inactive members, I think I'll leave it there.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Thanks M, I hear yah!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by KennyUK View Post
Hi chlosmum

Thank you for the kind post and I am very grateful that you have posted the person you and Myra know. I do not mind at all and I welcome any advice as this situation is something I know nothing about and want to do the best thing for my dog.

If no one on here has no objections (I do not wish to cross post or show dis-loyalty to Dogsey) I will join Breedia as you suggest.
Kenny

It was a pleasure to be able to help you. Dogsey and Breedia are sister forums and you'll find several members, of whom I'm one, who contribute to both forums.

Breedia is slightly different to Dogsey in that it has a large section devoted to specific dog breeds. If say, I start a thread about Georgina on Dogsey I'll put it under the General Chat heading, whereas on Breedia I'll post it in the Shar-Pei section.

I'm sure the OP will be able to give you some sound advice based on what she's learnt over the past 4 years from her own dog, and she's happy to answer any questions you want to ask.

Look forward to seeing you on Breedia.
Page 22 of 62 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 > Last »