View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Try having a grand mal, I've eaten about 5 times the amount I normally eat per day The insatiable hunger has died off now thank god! Hopefully I'll stay the same this week but if I gain then so be it.

Went to the doctors about my weight today. Didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. She says to focus more on the fat and sugar than the calories but since when I'm counting calories I tend to be under both of those anyway it's not really an issue.

As far as she's concerned pasta, rice, boiled potatoes are fine to eat, you need carbs in your diet. Not that I'm complaining, a meal doesn't seem a meal without some potatoes or rice or pasta However, having rice AND chips (for example) is bad, it should be one source per meal. Nor should I cut out dairy products. Or the occasional "bad" food. Or red meat. Actually, she said not to completely cut out anything because that just leads to you craving it. We should have the "bad" things in moderation though. Hubby was told off for his fizzy drinks intake.

She told me I have to stop eating before bed. That is NOT going to happen though. If I don't have something small before going to bed I'm up all night absolutely starving. And it's never hindered my weight loss so far so I'll stick with what works.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 12:26 PM
least we are in sync with each other

I'd like to lose something but tbh, even if I stayed the same it would be better than putting on.

(I did enjoy that pizza )
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Weird how that all happened to us at the same time!

I have been LOADS better today, but I find after tea is the worst for me... when I am annoyed I eat chocolate it seems

I would love to have lost too, but from what I ate the last few days, I just don't want to have gained

I am going to the gym tonight to try it again to see if I do want to join properly and hopefully I can do longer than 20 mins before I feel like I'm about to keel over and die
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post

(I did enjoy that pizza )
What I do with this, is that my brother eats quite a lot of pizza, so when he is having some I just have a mini square, literally like 2x2 inches and it seems to do me fine!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Weird how that all happened to us at the same time!

I have been LOADS better today, but I find after tea is the worst for me... when I am annoyed I eat chocolate it seems

I would love to have lost too, but from what I ate the last few days, I just don't want to have gained

I am going to the gym tonight to try it again to see if I do want to join properly and hopefully I can do longer than 20 mins before I feel like I'm about to keel over and die
it is strange! Seems we really are in it together

I am thinking it might be a bit too hopefull that I have lost anything come monday, still need to get back on track though.

good luck at the gym!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Just having a brag in here that hubby has now lost 1 1/2 stone in a month on his soup/scambled eggs diet over the past 4 weeks! Too much too soon I know, but he says he feels great, especially on a Sunday when he steps onto the scales and see's the dramatic loss!

Just goes to show, it's more portion control that what you eat, so by taking only half of his daily calorie intake, his body is using his stored fat to survive, makes sense don'tit! He eats normally over the week-end, a slap up roast on a Sunday and maybe steak on a Saturday, but the other 5 days, it's a tin of chunky soup or 3 eggs scrambled on two slices of wholemeal toast, plus a vitamin pill. I might start a new diet trend here!

Not for me, I like my ice cream and chocolate, but all that walking and cycling lets me have as much as I like coz I work it off next day, poor Zena though, she's getting skinny with it all.

Keep it up, portion control and exercise and you'll get there, but NOOOOOO chocolate, you can eat that once it's gone!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 01:03 PM
not planning ahead and snacking instead was my downfall yesterday then by the time I got to evening I was too hungry and too tired, hence a pizza, chocolate bar and juice (oops)

I am going to have to plan a day ahead at a time from here I think.

Well I need to save some money and I'm thinking I might just be living off soup for a while regardless now! lol couldnt be better timing I suppose (rather have more money though lol)

Edit; like you H, I'm hoping to stay active and it will give me a bit of lee way (not sure if thats how you write it)
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
What I do with this, is that my brother eats quite a lot of pizza, so when he is having some I just have a mini square, literally like 2x2 inches and it seems to do me fine!
my problem is that I would rather give my brother the 2x2 bit.....
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 01:08 PM
See I couldn't do a diet like that, I'd get bored of eating the same thing all the time. Is he not worried that the weight will all come back once he goes back to eating normally?

Portion control of chocolate works too I eat 1 or 2 squares every night after dinner, stops me craving something sweet.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
See I couldn't do a diet like that, I'd get bored of eating the same thing all the time. Is he not worried that the weight will all come back once he goes back to eating normally?

Portion control of chocolate works too I eat 1 or 2 squares every night after dinner, stops me craving something sweet.
I'b be worried that once the weight was off I'd have to calorie count anyway and wouldnt be used to it, even now I am starting to learn roughly what I can have and when etc so I know off the top of my head what I will be having tomorrow, after my little blow-out, rather than having to count...and I wouldnt be controlled enough to eat the same thing for 5 days I like variety too much. Funnily enough it was more a lack of variety that got the weight on me.
Page 22 of 29 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »