Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post
I do genuinely feel sorry for you, and it amply
demonstrates why the bleeding heart liberal approach doesn't cut the mustard.

This forum (and its a popular well known forum) is open to private viewing and some of the "not the dogs fault" comments do not help.

When will people realise that after Pit bull ban, AB's are likely next and after that maybe the Staffy, where will it end? Will they ever learn.

I stand by my comment I would have clubbed the dog to death, because quite simply I don't have a gun.

If I did I would have shot it there and then, but if it was attacking and savaging me or someone then I would have killed it with whatever came to hand, I'd terminate it with a spoon, might take a while but hey, whatever, and as for assess the dog ... is your world really that insular?
Hang on this dog is gnawing my child face off, does it have behavioural issues? Obviously the owners fault, whoah, its just clamped its jaws on my throat, think I'd better hot foot it down to the vets and have it assesed and possibly have it PTS, Get real people, you would have killed it there and then if you could.

There is a problem with Bull breeds and one that needs to be addressed, believe me when I say this because it no amount of dodging the issue will alter the stats, and crossed bull breeds even worse We have a male collie/staff in the village, not big and lovely with people but lethal to my Full male Dobe because it has the attack gene firmly hard wired to its brain. Cue more whimpering and whinging.

Feel free to carry on with your middle of the road namby pamby liberal approach that sits on the fence and doesn't acheive anything.

Stand up and be counted, do something about it, don't just try and plug the gaps because the Bull breed ship is sinking fast, its only a matter of time, and unfortunately when the ship eventually does go down the resulting backwash will take a few other breeds with it, probably my Dobes as well even though statistically your more likely to get mauled by a Labrador.

Wheres the Ostrich head in the sand Gif/smily when you need it?

A young lad has died, very sad and tragic, I cannot even start to contemplate how it would be to die like this, horrific doesn't seem enough. How anyone can try and defend this dogs action (saying its humanising whats that about?)

The Dogs a dog, it killed, its what these and many dogs can do, granted it may have been in the wrong hands, but do you buy a Bengal Tiger and then sob because it ate your Granny?
Have you got access to the stats you refer to? Might be useful to post them here.

Surely the knee-jerk, decisive approach has manifested in the DDA - doesn't seem to be achieving much, does it? Police don't have the means to enforce it properly anyway. A ban on bullbreeds you reckon - what will be the doggy weapon of choice then? Rotties? Dobes? There'll be a never-ending call to ban the latest child-killing breed/crossbreed until the idiots that can't handle dogs, breed from dogs with poor temperaments and train dogs to be aggressive are stopped.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I agree with Lozzibear, Fluffybunnyfeet doesn't make much sense to me either and I also have a male Staffie/collie x and he does not have "the attack gene" what a silly thing to say.By your definition anyone with a staffie or x has a ticking time bomb on their hands, we'd better all make sure we have something to club them with ready for when they turn, how silly!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Fluffybunny, I am sorry but IMO your post is full of narrow minded twaddle, it may do you some good working at a rescue and get to KNOW these dogs a little better before sprouting out this kind of rubbish. I suppose in your oppinion we should all have dobes?

Mo
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Fluffybunny, I am sorry but IMO your post is full of narrow minded twaddle, it may do you some good working at a rescue and get to KNOW these dogs a little better before sprouting out this kind of rubbish. I suppose in your oppinion we should all have dobes?

Mo
With the kind of attitude that fluffybunny has toward these dogs, it really makes me feel as if i am slamminh my head against a brick wall!!!

Its worse than trying to argue with the KKK!!!!
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Ok, I'll tell you where I am coming from and alot of other people out there but maybe not on this forum.

A little over four years ago a child was mauled by a pit bull. The family was known by a friend of mine and I went to calling hours with her.

This little girl was 12 yrs old and they had this darling pit bull from the time it was a puppy. No problems and as younger children they played with the dog and couldn't have a better pet. That day something happened and don't ask me why was she left alone with the dog, she and her brother had been many times but she was alone this day. The dog was there to protect the kids in a way.

Death must have happened quickly since it was so horrific so this can happen and does. What does it hurt to admit a problem and work on it?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Anyway, what I wanted to say was when we visited the tigers at Tiger Island and were listening to one of the talks, all standing around in front of the leopard's enclosure, you actually saw this leopard, suddenly stop and stare at one of us, and it just happened to be a child of about 4 years old, and the keeper then said, they will ALWAYS hone in on the kids, their gaze will follow a child, stalking it in amongst the crowd, and she also said, if ever (God forbid!!) it managed to escape from the enclosure, it wouldn't bother with any of us adults, it would go straight for the child, so maybe, just maybe, it's a kind of prey instinct from years back going on here?
Hmm, interesting!
I think it's the instinct of killing the smallest/weakest?
I think animals do that in the wild don't they? Go for the babies/old/ill, as they are easier to kill?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
this morning...........pah.. cant even get the right photo of the breed being talked about,

that said I guess they feel the rottie looks more the part.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Hmm, interesting!
I think it's the instinct of killing the smallest/weakest?
I think animals do that in the wild don't they? Go for the babies/old/ill, as they are easier to kill?
yeah, they always go for what is easiest to catch and kill, therefore using less energy and have a higher chance of ending up with a meal.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
this morning...........pah.. cant even get the right photo of the breed being talked about,

that said I guess they feel the rottie looks more the part.
i think its ridiculous they have that pic, terrible. they always start on one breed, talking about SBTs and then having a pic of a rottie
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I have sent an email to This Morning as well, but unfortunately missed the programme as I was out freezing my butt off walking my monsters

I am sad that it was Peter Neville on the show, as I have always admired his pieces written in one of the dog magazines and thought he always made a lot of sense.

Roger Mugford was speaking on Breakfast TV this morning and he came across as very knowledgeable, sensible and made the case for deed not breed and the wrong type of owners being the main problem and wanting a certain type of dog for all the wrong reasons. They should have had him on This Morning! Oh and John Deronden, Roger Mugford agreed with you, saying he felt the dog should not be pts immediately but should be assessed by an impartial expert like himself, to hopefully learn lessons from a tragedy such as this.

I also saw Joe Inglis (one of the vets from the old TV show Vets in Practice) speaking on BBC News yesterday and he came across as pretty ignorant too.

A real shame, as when incidents like this sadly happen, it could be a real opportunity for positive change, but it just turns out as another dog-bashing session
Page 22 of 53 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 > Last »