Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I have to admit to being slightly gobsmacked at a rescue that would vaccinate a pup/dog without titre testing at least first, risking their health by over vaccinating and topping that neuter the poor things before they have even lost their puppy teeth! Rescues are sinking in my estimation very quickly.
dawn.
I don't normally reply to threads that involve breeding debates as I don't know emough but I absolutely have to agree with your post-I am gobsmacked
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I have to admit to being slightly gobsmacked at a rescue that would vaccinate a pup/dog without titre testing at least first, risking their health by over vaccinating and topping that neuter the poor things before they have even lost their puppy teeth! Rescues are sinking in my estimation very quickly.
dawn.
Don't ever go to America Dawn
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Ok, not read any of the posts as its like 22 pages long!

But IMO its irisponsable/nieve (sp) owners that are to blame. If they did their research A) its unlikely they would buy from a puppy farm B) they would know what breed suits their lifstyle - thus rendering the need to re-home and C) From investing in B. id like to think they cared about the dog enough to see it through to the end of its days rather than, out with the old and in with the new.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
That's hardly a professional reply, is it?!

You may find over vaccinating and neutering too early amusing, but I certainly don't! I too think it's an appauling thing to do to such a young animal.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Our pups are neutered before leaving us at 12 weeks. Early neutering a whole other debate. Reputable rescues that don't early neuter offer vouchers which are followed up or the dog is returned to them for neutering at a later date.
How can you neuter a 12 week old puppy ,given that somes testicles haven even dropped, little alone developed ,tell me do you slice them open stick your fingers in have a root a bout and hope they drop into your hands , then you you just chop of what you find ,. must say great post dawn fully agree xxdk
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Apologies for going off topic but are dogs really neutered as young as 12 weeks routinely? I really had no idea that this happened!
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
That's hardly a professional reply, is it?!
I'm off duty You'll see I'm not posting under the rescue's username
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Why not? I wouldnt allow any dog of mine to be vaccinated "in case" it wasnt, nor neutered "just because" wherever I was in the world. Its an utter disgrace, poor poor puppies, as if they haven had a bad enough start in life.

Im sorry Anne, I commend all rescues, but not this, I cant.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm off duty You'll see I'm not posting under the rescues user name
does it make a difference ,i aint breed a litter in two years ,but im still considered a breeder , so when your of duty , your not a member of a rescue centre xxdk
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 10:44 PM
You'll see I'm off duty and not posting under the rescues user name
Makes no difference.

I'm an off duty Nurse, but you don't see me laughing publicly about my patients do you?

It's unethical, off duty or not, to chuckle about the fact your rescue puts puppies on the operating table to have their reproductive organs ripped out.

You should be ashamed at the very least.
Page 22 of 42 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 > Last »