Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Totally agree here! I actually got a bit bored half way through last night, they seemed to be signing sooooooo much, I went off and cleaned all my blinds!!! I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict that JLS will have far more hits than Alex.................taxi!!!!!
We'll see
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Leona gives me goosebumps when she sings, Alex doesn't!!!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict that JLS will have far more hits than Alex.................taxi!!!!!
Inclined to agree with you there H!! it boils down to who's gonna sell more and TBH I'd be out buying JLS not Alex. Just like I'd rather buy Rhydians album not Leons... how many people disagreed with me last year??....

Alex is a talented singer but I think her singing with Beyonce showed her up a bit ( controvertial! )out of all the Duets the only ones who weren't Over-shadowed by their partners was JLS.

Sorry but is my opinion
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Alex isn't like Leona at all. Her pitch and range are totally different and she did alot more up beat songs during the weeks of this year's X-Factor.
The only similarity for me is that they are both powerful singers.
JLS were very entertaining, but there was only one that could really sing and even he wasn't that great imo.
God help us if we ever get another Leon. If we had a "speech" function on here I could play you my husbands impression of his monotone voice! It is funny!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm just watching that Peter Kay thing on channel 4, I'm
Its funny Pidge from what I remember from last years thread everyone wanted Leon to win!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Alex isn't like Leona at all. Her pitch and range are totally different and she did alot more up beat songs during the weeks of this year's X-Factor.
The only similarity for me is that they are both powerful singers.
JLS were very entertaining, but there was only one that could really sing and even he wasn't that great imo.
God help us if we ever get another Leon. If we had a "speech" function on here I could play you my husbands impression of his monotone voice! It is funny!
Well I don't know anything about pitches or ranges, coz I can't sing to save my life (I have other numerous talents!!! ). The thing for me is, I like what I like when I hear it, and even if Leonna is nothing like Alex (she did a good job of impersonating just about everything else about her last night for me though!) she brings me out in goosebumpbs with her beautiful, beautiful voice, and yet Alex is far too normal for me with her singing I'm afraid. JLS are very commercial they should do well though imo!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I'm just watching that Peter Kay thing on channel 4, I'm
Its funny Pidge from what I remember from last years thread everyone wanted Leon to win!
.... it's also funny that I don't even remember Leon, whereas I soooooo remember Will Young with his unique style, in fact, I picked him out in the auditions to win, and see where he is now!!! A lot of them just fall by the wayside even though they've won the X-Factor - take that Steve for instance, he's long gone now isn't he!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Totally agree here! I actually got a bit bored half way through last night, they seemed to be signing sooooooo much, I went off and cleaned all my blinds!!! I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict that JLS will have far more hits than Alex.................taxi!!!!!

its a virgo thing H .............lol
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Well I like Alex and JLS!!

Personally i think JLS will be massive in the UK (like Take That) but Alex will be worldwide.

I love Leona but think Alex will be successful in a different way. They are not similar except for both young females!

The only thing that i dont like about her is that she talks too much!!

How funny was she when she won????
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Well, I thought the right person won! I wasn't too fussed tho, so long as Eggnog wasn't the winner. I would have exploded. Couldn't stand him!

JSL are good but not good enough. Alex is great but not even in the same league as Leona. Leonas only come along once in a lifetime. She is fantastic. She seems to appeal to every age group. My girls (teenage) adore her. I think shes fab and my Mum thinks she's just amazing, so she suits all generations.

Leon - that was appalling! How on earth did he win - I just don't know?????
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 >