Female 

15-12-2005, 07:37 PM
I give up.

Dawn R.
collieaholic
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2005, 12:03 PM
I wonder if the people who think docking isnt cruel or painful would object to it being done on them? after all its not cruel or painful so why not have it done? why not chop off part of a finger, its not cruel or painful and you dont need 10, you can manage just fine with 9 and a half
[mod edit:remarks removed : personal comments are not allowed ]
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Yes collieaholic, I am a real nurse, and have been since 1975. This includes 23 years Intensive Care experience. I've won awards for my ability and practise, and I consider myself eminently qualified to judge what is cruel and painful, and what's not.

Leave out the personal attacks please, it's not allowed on this board, confine your comments to the subject in hand, not making criticisms of me as a person, you don't know me.

Dawn R.

Edited to say your post was edited as I was typing.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Oh dear, have to say the language and ethos of the anti brigade are enough to make you wonder if the pro people are right after all. Why can the subject not be discussed in a sensible way? Lets have facts and only facts, your feeling are welcome but please lets leave the emotive language and the unsubstantiated claims out of the discussion, they are not helpful and lead people to believe the anti people’s opinions are not worthy of consideration.

So lets have fully researched facts and less of the emotive non-facts.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Oh dear, have to say the language and ethos of the anti brigade are enough to make you wonder if the pro people are right after all. Why can the subject not be discussed in a sensible way? Lets have facts and only facts, your feeling are welcome but please lets leave the emotive language and the unsubstantiated claims out of the discussion, they are not helpful and lead people to believe the anti people’s opinions are not worthy of consideration.

So lets have fully researched facts and less of the emotive non-facts.
I agree with Jackie on this one, surely we could remain civil towards one and other
Everyone's opinion is valued and not meant to be judged, thats what makes Dogweb different to other forums
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2005, 02:52 PM
I find it very SAD what cruelty humans dish out to animals, I dont understand the mentality behind it we are supposed to be anational animal lovers ..what a joke ...not even close.

If it is acceptable to those to dock dogs & say its not painfull etc to a pup then would they say the same if having a finger cut off ..let us know if its painfull to them? If you dish cruelty out to animals then you should take it....its only fair

I thought dog lovers were supposed to love & protect their pups/dogs from anything stressfull, painfull etc I don't see any love with allowing docking?

How about with every new human baby the thumbs are cut off after all if we dock dogs shouldnt be a problem with babys.....its not as if thumbs are needed ..unlike dog tails?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I have watched this thread with interest, why is it the ones that dont agree with something get nasty? Keep it civil folks.

I have been involved with docked breeds for 17yrs, and have yet to see a badly done one where the dog has suffered in any way.

As for Emma Milne, well, according to her most of the pedigree breeds we have should be eradicated, what a useless article she turned out to be.
Dawn.
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-12-2005, 03:41 PM
originally posted by Borderdawn:As for Emma Milne, well, according to her most of the pedigree breeds we have should be eradicated, what a useless article she turned out to be.
That's being civil is it? I will pasas your comments on to Emma. So we cant make personal comments at each other on Dogweb yet it's allright to slate both Emma and Jake's uncles which you all attacked earlier. Double standards I say.

Anyway I thought Dogweb was for Doglovers I can see it's not so i'm off now to leave you to your campaigning for choice and no doubt the law changed so you can Fox Hunt. Do remember in life though you get back what you give out
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2005, 03:47 PM
oh dear its sad when people start to get nasty here as dw is such a friendly place , in life not everyone agrees thats true and everyone is entitled to an opinion and as usual everyone thinks they are right , so shall we all just agree to disagree as this will go on and on .
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2005, 03:51 PM
That's being civil is it? I will pasas your comments on to Emma. So we cant make personal comments at each other on Dogweb yet it's allright to slate both Emma and Jake's uncles which you all attacked earlier. Double standards I say.
Who's Jakes uncles?

Yes do pass on my comments, maybe she can be persuaded to come on and defend her stance on pedigree dogs, particularly Bulldogs whom she slated to such a dreadful extent.
Dawn.
Page 21 of 33 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »